It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Left 3 and 1 Year-Old Kids to Sleep in Bushes for a Week While She Slept in Motel Room

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

A California woman has been arrested after she left her two toddlers to sleep in the bushes while she stayed at hotel rooms.

According to reports, the police were alerted that an abandoned stroller had been left near bushes by a Wendy’s restaurant. When cops arrived, they found 27-year-old Chardenea VanRooyen sleeping in the bushes with her 3-year-old daughter and 1-year-old son.

Officers say she told them that she is homeless and had spent the last five nights in motel rooms while the children slept in the bushes with their father.

Mom Left 3 and 1 Year-Old Kids to Sleep in Bushes for a Week While She Slept in Motel Room

So much for a Mothers love for her children! This woman's actions are deplorable. Tucked up all warm and cozy while her poor kids are forced to sleep in a bush. Hope the poor wee souls get a chance a better existence now she's out of the picture. And that she will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

edit on 9-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The title is misleading...they slept in the bushes with their father. The title makes it sounds like she left them in the bushes (in the jungle, with wolves for neighbors), alone.

Of course, it is illegal to be without financial means in the US.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Ok point taken, so she did not just leave her poor children in said bushes, but also her Man. How is that for equality!

+11 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well, she probably has the motel rooms for, erm, business reasons. Some may get upset about those reasons, but that's silly. At least she's making money and trying to feed the kids.

If I were forced to do that sort of business, I think I wouldn't want my kids to spend time in the same room where some scumbag client sweat and grunted. Not trying to justify anything here, really. Just sayin'

As for dad- If I were him, I think I wouldn't want to sleep in the sweaty sheets where my wife just did business either.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Sorry. Mouse keeps double clicking. Going to re-program it so it maybe won't do that until I can buy a new one.

Down with Razer products!

edit on 070000001507amb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

"At least she's making money and trying to feed the kids."

We don't know that, also worth considering the children's reaction when the Police kindly provided them with food.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I highly doubt she was all warm and cozy in her hotel room. No mother would make her husband and kids sleep in the bushes while she enjoyed the cable and free coffee in her room. My guess is that she was working, and I'm betting the husband and kids being in there with her would not have allowed her to give full attention to the clients.

The family circle in this country is broken. It is a shame that they don't have support in hard times. I'd bet that this family would do anything they could to get out of the rut they're in, but there aren't a lot of good solutions out there. Hopefully someone close can take care of the kids why mom and pop get their # together.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

She was certainly warm and cozy in comparison to where the rest of her family are residing!

All i can say is i hope the kids receive the help there require, as for the Man well I really cannot speculate as to his circumstances. That being said if indeed it was the case that his other half was prostituting herself he needs to grow a set, get her out the picture and work out how to provide for his kids. All easier said than done i imagine especially so while residing in a bush.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't get why she was arrested. The father couldn't go to a shelter? Was he held at gunpoint to stay in the bushes with the children? I'd like to see the charges. Many parents leave their children at times for one reason or another. It's up to the remaining parent to provide for the children. I don't see anything illegal here even though the situation for the children isn't good, what laws did the mother break?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Seems to me they can't locate the father, so he may not exist at all? What a sad story. Now this woman is in jail and of absolutely no use to her kids, the kids will get lost in the system and probably placed in a worse situation than they were in. Not that I agree with what she was doing but hard to see kids separated from parents.... I know if I was in her shoes I would be destroyed.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Problems with the system aside, Social work becoming involved and foster care being implemented regarding the children has got to be better than them residing in a bush.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This just shows how broken the system is......the whole reason de etre for any kind of society at all is skewed beyond belief .....the gold rush mentality for profits has got to change drastically before humans get any relief .
I don't blame the mom...I blame the rest of the mess we live in....and screw all you do goody nosey arses............not one of you would stoop to offer any assistance to them anyways....so yak on about how great you are and how superior....

edit on 9-5-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Regardless of her financial status or lack thereof,this woman showed horrific judgement in how to / not to provide for her children. I would rarely if ever advocate for child services,but in this case,this woman does not deserve the priviledge of parenting. Surely she had other options,or could have at least asked someone to watch the children while she did her "business". Makes me sick.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If you want to take the story at face value, go for it.

I know plenty of well fed, sheltered children who would show great excitement when Mom and Dad decide it's time for a fast food treat.

As for 'getting her (mom) out of the picture,' well, that's pretty asinine. At least she's working, and it may be their only option. It's rare a woman actually desires to do that sort of business, and you're quite uncharitable for suggesting she might be some unfit and undesirable thing because of her occupation.

I bet you're a christian! Keep up the Good Work!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This mouse. Can these extra posts be erased?

edit on 08u4908amb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Crack is Wack, and this is what happens to people who care more about their drugs than their children. Hmm wonder what she was doing in the motel room while her husband and children slept in the bushes. making money on her knees

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Call me a Christian!

Well I bet your a Muppet, so I guess we would both have lost our bet there my friend.

I am however a Father of two children. And the situation those poor kids are obviously experiencing is just not Cricket. In this instance the Children being placed into care is the best option. Short of the lady in question stopping selling her arse, finding suitable employment and accommodation the kids are better off without her!

My Mums a hooker and I live in the bushes, que Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle?

Poor wanes!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The media is great at putting a twist on stories and they are at it again. They found the mother sleeping with her children, so it appears to me she done what ever she had to do and went back to her children so "maybe" the father could go do some kind of work. There are lots of homeless family's living in the street. That does not make them bad parents!

Who knows, maybe she is a maid at the hotel, which is probably not enough money to pay rent. I have never been in her shoes, but to feed my children and keep them from starving as a mother I can not think of much I would not do even if it meant death for me. Until we walk in her shoes, we should not be so quick to judge her.

This woman may or may not be a total disgrace, but we sure are quick to jump to conclusions and throw stones. It is so easy for us to sit in the comfort of our home and say what this mother should and should not have done.

Social Services is one of the last place I would my children to go. Guess no ones reads what goes on within their organization.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

So what do we do with said children then, leave them in the bushes to fend for themselves? The Father seems to have done a disappearing act. Social care proclivities aside I hold more with them than i do with shrubs myself, stands to reason in any modern day world. Care has got to be better than Rhododendrons!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
...Until we walk in her shoes, we should not be so quick to judge her.

This woman may or may not be a total disgrace, but we sure are quick to jump to conclusions and throw stones. It is so easy for us to sit in the comfort of our home and say what this mother should and should not have done.

Thanks for a sensible perspective!
I have quite a few years under belt...and have done things that would make prostitution look near-saintly.
Guess we have a lot of 'first stone' throwers in the crowd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join