It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Left 3 and 1 Year-Old Kids to Sleep in Bushes for a Week While She Slept in Motel Room

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
My guess would be she was prostituting for $$$, hopefully to get the children food, and not drugs.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=17901719]andy06shake[/was it in a bush next to a hotel frequented by Hookers and there clients, probably not eh?post]

I didn't see that in the story, Maybe I need to read it again. We should not make assumptions and again, this is the US Media that is reporting on this. I for one do not believe much I read from our media without facts.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

"I didn't see that in the story"

Why do you think the kids were in the bushes then? Maybe the kids are avid astronomers, or they just like the outdoors? Back to you dog house because i notice you skipped my question. Your situation is in no way similar, do you think those kids even have a dog house?

If you cannot see what this supposed mother of two has done wrong then what's the point?

edit on 9-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
a reply to: kosmicjack You may have just nailed it!

I don't understand why she didn't get help from welfare while she still had an address. Even if she was working but didn't make enough, they would offer some kind of assistance. At least around where I am. I can understand her not being in a shelter as they are usually filled to capacity. It is very sad to see so many people suffering and in desperate need of help.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher777
a reply to: poiSoN466

I don't suppose you were a toddler or a baby when you did that? In the city on one of the busiest streets in the city? Do you know where this happened? I do, and it is not a nice place after dark.

I was younger yes, not quite as young. 5 or 6 is a more suitable age for when I used to do that. The point here is that she did nothing wrong. The kids were with their father according to the OP. Again, point me in the direction where she did anything that broke laws.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Can I tell you how many times I used to lay on top of a dog house when I was younger, listen to the sounds of the birds, and the wind and everything in nature, and fall asleep? Does that deem my parents to be arrested??"

Just not the same thing in any shape manner or fashion, they were not just sleeping outside, they are destitute and living in a bush for an extended period of time, that being one week. When you were sleeping outside were you one years of age, was it in a bush next to a hotel frequented by Hookers and there clients, probably not eh?

So if it's frequented by hookers, what about anything that's been discussed makes you believe she wasn't part of this group and was trying to earn some money to provide for her kids? Would you condemn a stripper who had to bring her child to the club because she couldn't afford a baby sitter and had no other means of having the child watched? Sure, the child isn't supposed to be in there, but try looking at things objectively.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

"I didn't see that in the story"

Why do you think the kids were in the bushes then? Maybe the kids are avid astronomers, or they just like the outdoors? Back to you dog house because i notice you skipped my question. Your situation is in no way similar, do you think those kids even have a dog house?

If you cannot see what this supposed mother of two has done wrong then what's the point?

This was my story. Not Runforthehills. Re-read posts.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Char-Lee Really, have you tried to go get assistance without an address?

No fortunately I have not had to, but I do know there are many many lines of assistance, my brother after starting drugs lost his contracting business and his wealth and ended on the street. he was even receiving assistance I think it was disability, which he picked up at the local Post office.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

"Would you condemn a stripper who had to bring her child to the club because she couldn't afford a baby sitter and had no other means of having the child watched?"

Let's just say i would frown upon said stripper leaving her children in the shrubbery, babysitter or otherwise!

Simply no comparison, so what's you point?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
quotes from the story... she left her two toddlers to sleep in the bushes while she stayed at hotel rooms.
and
the police were alerted that an abandoned stroller had been left near bushes by a Wendy’s restaurant.
and
When cops arrived, they found 27-year-old Chardenea VanRooyen sleeping in the bushes with her 3-year-old daughter and 1-year-old son.
and
She told officers, ‘I don’t want to see my kids living in bushes’ but didn’t explain why she left her kids in the bushes.

No need to attack me, you may need to read this again too. Again, explain to me what this woman did wrong to get her children taken away? It is not illegal to be homeless and sleep in the streets. We do not have enough orphanages to hold all of the children here in the USA if it is illegal. She may be the victim and not the criminal that the media wants you to believe.
Read this again... (When cops arrived, they found 27-year-old Chardenea VanRooyen sleeping in the bushes with her 3-year-old daughter and 1-year-old son.)

edit on 9-5-2014 by RunForTheHills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Overall, the amount of bashing going on in this thread sickens me. Can you people stop focusing on the fact that these kids were sleeping in the bushes and she is a terrible mother etc etc. How about you focus on the REAL problem at hand. This countries inability to shelter and house homeless people. You're looking at a small pinpoint object on a much larger social issue. You're so quick to condemn her for her actions, yet not a SINGLE one of you have offered a solution. You're content with arresting her and shipping her kids somewhere.

Would you have offered her a place to stay if you ran across her?? Given her money to feed her kids? Done anything of the sort to help this family out? Nope, you would have seen this poor family on the side of the road, quickly ran home in your car full of gas, with your mortgaged house, hopped on the internet, typed in ATS's website, and posted a forum topic on how disgusting these people are having children living on the streets.

Please grow up and quit being so simple minded and one track minded. It grosses me out that this country is in the state it is at, and I think I've seen maybe one or two posts with a mention of this. Want to be mad at somebody? Be mad at your government for not providing people like this, the proper attention they need. Instead they'd rather line their own pockets with gold while destroying every fundamental fact of everybody's rights that exists.

Should she have been thrown in prison?? No, she should have been offered a helping hand and a solution. Neither of which was done. So regardless of whatever the case may be as to why her children were sleeping in the bushes, the authorities are just as disgusting for being so willing to ship these kids to a place where there's a shot they may not be adopted for years come. Trust me, being a foster child isn't glamorous, and for those of you that think it's so much more glamorous than "rhododendrons" please do yourself a favor and visit some of the approved foster institutions that our glamorous government ships these kids.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

"Would you condemn a stripper who had to bring her child to the club because she couldn't afford a baby sitter and had no other means of having the child watched?"

Let's just say i would frown upon said stripper leaving her children in the shrubbery, babysitter or otherwise!

Simply no comparison, so what's you point?

With this regard, I'm fairly certain people like you are exactly what is wrong with today's society. Quick to condemn, fail to offer a hand.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Buddy i'm not attacking you but you comparisons are neither here nor there or even valid.

It's not the same thing!

Tablets about out of battery, need to continue later when home.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Buddy i'm not attacking you but you comparisons are neither here nor there or even valid.

Sleeping on a dog house is in no way the same as being homeless and destitute with a mother for a hooker, because lets face it that why she was in a hotel and the kids were in the bushes.

And again you are referring to RunForTheHills with the dog house story, when that was in fact my story. I'm done having a debate with someone that can't even pay attention to detail.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

My apologies, keep losing page etc. Dam tech. Ma bad!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: poiSoN466
Overall, the amount of bashing going on in this thread sickens me. Can you people stop focusing on the fact that these kids were sleeping in the bushes and she is a terrible mother etc etc. How about you focus on the REAL problem at hand. This countries inability to shelter and house homeless people. You're looking at a small pinpoint object on a much larger social issue. You're so quick to condemn her for her actions, yet not a SINGLE one of you have offered a solution. You're content with arresting her and shipping her kids somewhere.

Would you have offered her a place to stay if you ran across her?? Given her money to feed her kids? Done anything of the sort to help this family out? Nope, you would have seen this poor family on the side of the road, quickly ran home in your car full of gas, with your mortgaged house, hopped on the internet, typed in ATS's website, and posted a forum topic on how disgusting these people are having children living on the streets.

Please grow up and quit being so simple minded and one track minded. It grosses me out that this country is in the state it is at, and I think I've seen maybe one or two posts with a mention of this. Want to be mad at somebody? Be mad at your government for not providing people like this, the proper attention they need. Instead they'd rather line their own pockets with gold while destroying every fundamental fact of everybody's rights that exists.

Should she have been thrown in prison?? No, she should have been offered a helping hand and a solution. Neither of which was done. So regardless of whatever the case may be as to why her children were sleeping in the bushes, the authorities are just as disgusting for being so willing to ship these kids to a place where there's a shot they may not be adopted for years come. Trust me, being a foster child isn't glamorous, and for those of you that think it's so much more glamorous than "rhododendrons" please do yourself a favor and visit some of the approved foster institutions that our glamorous government ships these kids.

Refer to this post, and nothing else needs to be discussed. This woman is a victim of our degrading society and slimy government. Period. Wanna talk about something worth talking about?? Try this country's inability to provide proper care for our own citizens who need it, all the while giving illegal aliens everything they could imagine. Or how about the amount of money we fund into other countries (billions) that could be used on our home turf to find the social economic crisis we find ourselves in, where if any solutions were implemented for either of those. This woman had a very good shot at not even being on the streets.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You are right, we need to be asking for a solution! There are way too many homeless people and I think a solution is much better than bickering about the problem. and if at all possible these kids should be kept with their parents. And yes I have and am doing so as of now, gave people with no place to live a room and bed in my house. The solution in this last case is to take care of them until the mother can finish RN schooling and provide for her three babies. I have taken in people all my life but this does not help the masses. We really do need to find a solution!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You are right, we need to be asking for a solution! There are way too many homeless people and I think a solution is much better than bickering about the problem. and if at all possible these kids should be kept with their parents. And yes I have and am doing so as of now, gave people with no place to live a room and bed in my house. The solution in this last case is to take care of them until the mother can finish RN schooling and provide for her three babies. I have taken in people all my life but this does not help the masses. We really do need to find a solution!

It would help the masses if more people like you were willing to step up to the plate and help where our government has so convienently forgotten about us.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Cant see why considering i'm in no way a US citizen, its not like i'm at hand to help, if I was I would most certainly be willing to assist the children.

As to the mother who left her kids in a bush for a week, well you can't teach pork! Help the kids they obviously deserve a chance!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
From the article, it says she had vouchers for hotel stays and they ran out. Why didn't she go back to wherever she got the vouchers and let them know? I'm confused. Why wasn't she on welfare while she had an address? My heart breaks to see a family torn apart, but how can a one year old and a three year old be safe on their own for any length of time? They were dirty and hungry. I just don't understand why she wasn't getting welfare?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join