It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Left 3 and 1 Year-Old Kids to Sleep in Bushes for a Week While She Slept in Motel Room

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Im sure you did not do anything morally ambiguous with a 1 year old or 3 year old in toe. I don't have a problem with prostitution, but I do indeed have a problem with kids living in bushes while the mother get banged in a hotel.

edit on 9-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
I did not say to leave the child there. I said it would be my last option. The mother had done no harm and had broke no laws. Why was the mother placed in jail? because she didn't have a place to live?

I am sure there is a lot more to this story and it does not sound good as of now on the mothers part. There is so many questions that were left unanswered.

I have often wondered myself if I lost everything with no where to go what would I do? I would probably find a bush to sleep in at first too or at least until I could find other accommodations.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
The media is great at putting a twist on stories and they are at it again. They found the mother sleeping with her children, so it appears to me she done what ever she had to do and went back to her children so "maybe" the father could go do some kind of work. There are lots of homeless family's living in the street. That does not make them bad parents!

Who knows, maybe she is a maid at the hotel, which is probably not enough money to pay rent. I have never been in her shoes, but to feed my children and keep them from starving as a mother I can not think of much I would not do even if it meant death for me. Until we walk in her shoes, we should not be so quick to judge her.

This woman may or may not be a total disgrace, but we sure are quick to jump to conclusions and throw stones. It is so easy for us to sit in the comfort of our home and say what this mother should and should not have done.

Social Services is one of the last place I would my children to go. Guess no ones reads what goes on within their organization.

Bam, hit the nail on the head. Absolutely NONE of you are in or have been in her shoes to judge her. You don't know the full story. You got this from the media, the same media that told you Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, the 9/11 attack was 100% terrorist funded, and the magic bullet theory was the solution to the Kennedy Assassination. The point here is you can't believe everything the media tells you. Use your brains, form your own opinions. Either way, nobody in this forum has the right to judge this woman. What PLAUSIBLE reason do you have besides she was "working" that the father and children would be sleeping in a bush? I mean I know some people in the world are downright disgraceful, but we don't know the circumstances. On the other side of the coin, for all we know, she maybe didn't want to listen to the children cry and scream all night, so she sent them outside, and the father went out there with them cuz he felt guilty. WE DO NOT KNOW. Don't be so quick to judge. We have ZERO facts.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

The family circle in this country is broken. It is a shame that they don't have support in hard times.

There is no way that there is not some services and money available because of the children.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Im sure you did not do anything morally ambiguous with a 1 year old or 3 year old in toe. I don't have a problem with prostitution, but I do indeed have a problem with kids living in bushes while the mother get banged in a hotel.

Thanks for being exactly like the media and putting the most evil spin on a story as you possibly could. "Gets banged" you're right. I'm sure if this is the issue, she was doing it for pleasure and not for a shot at feeding her kids. Grow up.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

What about Moses?
Huh?
What would history be like if his mom had not stashed him in bulrushes?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I see this as more than just another sad tale of America lost...

Yes I'm concerned for the kids and I pity the mother. I'm outraged but helpless, as Stirling said. It's easy to sit on the internet and judge. Sad, but so, so easy.

But my thoughts really turn more toward information and how it's used to control the emotions of the populace.

It's Mother's Day weekend and we are presented with this deplorable tale of what seems like a horrible mom and a desperate family.

Why?

Who wants to stomp out every last precious bit of nostalgia or idealism Americans might have left? Who's holding the mirror up to our flawed face to remind us we're not so pretty?
edit on 5/9/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is unacceptable! They were in Modesto on McHenry, there is a shelter right on McHenry. There is no way someone is going to explain that this mother was doing what she needed to do, blah, blah, blah.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

There are a lot of Families living on the streets now. As long as they are not buying drugs with the kids food money I would say they did nothing wrong but need some support.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

"I did not say to leave the child there. I said it would be my last option."

That's not an option its a death sentence, they are one and three years old!

Fortunately i live in a country that provides shall we say a little more social welfare than the USA, for the time being. Here in the UK the kids would be placed in care. I am aware as to the some of the situations that have transpired with regards to children being placed in care in certain states, that aside its got to beat the bushes surely?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What about Moses? I could not give a fig about Moses, or burning bushes for that matter! This is not about religion, it's about poor wanes experiencing social depravity in a first world country while the Mother gets up to who knows what.

Getting them off the streets is the only option if they are ever to have any chance in life!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

"I did not say to leave the child there. I said it would be my last option."

That's not an option its a death sentence, they are one and three years old!

Fortunately i live in a country that provides shall we say a little more social welfare than the USA, for the time being. Here in the UK the kids would be placed in care. I am aware as to the some of the situations that have transpired with regards to children being placed in care in certain states, that aside its got to beat the bushes surely?

You are missing the point entirely. She was arrested for what? Being caught in a hotel while her kids were sleeping outside? Can I tell you how many times I used to lay on top of a dog house when I was younger, listen to the sounds of the birds, and the wind and everything in nature, and fall asleep? Does that deem my parents to be arrested?? The situation isn't quite the same, but the amount of facts we're being fed is exactly the same. The point of this is the mother was arrested, and nobody can give a reason as to why.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: poiSoN466

I don't suppose you were a toddler or a baby when you did that? In the city on one of the busiest streets in the city? Do you know where this happened? I do, and it is not a nice place after dark.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yes we do seem to have a lot of judges in the pew, which makes me wonder if the ones that cast the 1st stones have ever done anything in life that was not worth applauding. I just hope someday that most of us are not in this women's shoes and living in the bushes and doing whatever we have to do to feed our children.

There are so many families that have no where to live right now and I only see it getting worse. Just hope all of you judges are not in the same situation in a few years from now. If so, maybe you can come back on here and tell us how you are able to live and take care of your children so much better than this woman.

All I am saying, we should not aim the firing squad and take the 1st shot at her without a conviction, other than she is homeless. Maybe she does have a drug problem but most of the people I know have a drug addiction, but that they call it prescription medicine.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So what do we do with said children then, leave them in the bushes to fend for themselves? The Father seems to have done a disappearing act. Social care proclivities aside I hold more with them than i do with shrubs myself, stands to reason in any modern day world. Care has got to be better than Rhododendrons!

That is the question.

What should we do?

Clearly she is struggling; the reasons for that are unknown and could run the gambit from mental illness to addiction to bad luck to... who knows. The thing is that the only thing to be done is take her children away. There are not very many programs designed to address what went wrong with the goal of keeping families together. It is easier, cheaper and frankly more emotionally fulfilling for people to simply use the opportunity for a self-righteous tear and tell themselves that this woman is so fundamentally flawed that she doesn't deserve to be a parent. So... jerk the kids and "save" them by dropping them into a bureaucratic machine where they stand a fairly good statistical chance of suffering abuse that, while certainly a different type than what they were experiencing, may be just as damaging or more so. Leave this woman to fend for herself to deal with whatever she may be dealing with, where she will likely have more kids and around and around we go...

The system is not designed to help people, it is designed to exploit those that are vulnerable. It continues to exist in this state only because most of us are far more interested in being able to waggle our finger at the struggling so that we can feel superior for a few seconds. We don't question. We don't objectively view the suffering exacerbated, or even caused by this largely useless and inappropriate system of righteous intervention because it fills a base, nasty and usually denied and therefor disregarded psychological need in all of us. The knee-jerk, self-righteous, and occasionally sneering little sniffs from what are probably normally good people, manifested here with no knowledge of the details of the circumstance is proof of this. Slightest whiff of blood and the sheep show our real teeth. React don't examine. Blame but don't think. That is why the system is flawed and will continue to be so.

You're asking exactly the right question but I don't think you will ever accept the right answer, nor will most of the people that are drawn to this thread. Most come for the opportunity to vomit out a little bit of righteous indignation in like-minded company. But at least we get to feel better than someone else for a little bit right?

Maybe this really is worse-case-scenario... Maybe this mother is a useless, unredeemable pile of feces. It could be. However, those kinds of people are relatively rare and the damage that they do is miniscule compared to the damage done by this impulse to create and beat a social omega.

Our flaws are still our flaws no matter what this woman has done. At the end of the day, we're still just driving goats bound and burdened into the wilderness.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

This. We don't know. As for child services, I think (maybe) the bushes are the favorable situation here!

OP: Ok ok sorry for calling you an xtian. I don't mind being a muppet though. They're cute. Can I be in the band?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee Really, have you tried to go get assistance without an address?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack You may have just nailed it!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: poiSoN466

"Can I tell you how many times I used to lay on top of a dog house when I was younger, listen to the sounds of the birds, and the wind and everything in nature, and fall asleep? Does that deem my parents to be arrested??"

Just not the same thing in any shape manner or fashion, they were not just sleeping outside, they are destitute and living in a bush for an extended period of time, that being one week. When you were sleeping outside were you one years of age, was it in a bush next to a hotel frequented by Hookers and there clients, probably not eh?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

And i apologise for the Muppet comment, it's not about religion, it is about social deprivation, poverty and lets not forget children and bushes!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join