It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: What happened to missing flight MH370? -- A shocking result!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well folks, there's an aspect to these results that is both shocking and embarrassing. I'm not going to mention it and see who picks up in the stunning revelation within the results. I had to double check the data, double check again, and then… I don't know… just sat in a corner for a while. Otherwise, the results are not unexpected.

Click this for a larger version:

edit on 9-5-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

+67 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
How do 26% of American members not know about this?
Its all that's been on the news for months.

+12 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
Well that's hilarious. All I can say is glad I'm Canadian. And out of respect to our neighbors I won't be mentioning it either.

+4 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Dunno what to tell you... I voted for aliens.

+10 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
It's shocking and embarrassing that so many people had not previously heard of the missing flight. At least it is to me. How can you live every day and not be aware of the missing flight? It's been missing for months!

Head meet sand....

edit on 5/9/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Thanks for the results SO.

The only thing I found shocking was. The 26% for the United states who claimed to have never heard anything about it, compared to the other countries in the same category.

Des

+6 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

That would seem to be the piece which doesn't fit with the others. (sigh)

Deny...Iguanas? ..err...no? There was something we were supposed to be....

Hmmm... It'll come to me.

link   
a reply to: defcon5
And this is a way more informed audience than mainstream. You pullin us legs here? A slightly off April 1st joke?

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
It's shocking and embarrassing that so many people had not previously heard of the missing flight. At least it is to me. How can you live every day and not be aware of the missing flight? It's been missing for months!

Head meet sand....

Exactly Kanga. They had to be members on ATS to vote. How did they miss every other thread on the front and live pages that were all about the missing plane, for over a month?

Des

link   

It shows where the lack of emphasis on education has gotten us in this country.

+5 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I assumed the " ive never heard of it" was a joke, I laughed when reading the options. If your on ats I think its fair to assume you have heard of mh730. Maybe usa has more of a sense of humor??

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
Only thing I can think of is that folks didn't equate MH with “Malaysian Air”.

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I may be more surprised that..I am not surprised by this.

I really would like a breakdown of that group of people who somehow missed this...
I don't get it...I almost feel like whomever chose that option should simply be banned from...the internet. What could they possibly add to life if they are that clueless

That's like..elementary school beiber fan type clueless about the world...I mean, clueless about what could have happened..sure...that's actually the norm..but not knowing the story in general..

We need more polls...need to find out how deeply this American stupidity goes (even on this forum where people pretend to be enlightened).

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Head meet sand....

Exactly Kanga. They had to be members on ATS to vote. How did they miss every other thread on the front and live pages that were all about the missing plane, for over a month?

Des

People like that is precisely why we can't have nice things...

edit on 5/9/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
link   
That right there is a picture perfect example of the bubble much of this once proud nation lives in. It's not simply ignorance to current events either, it's a cultural problem where an enormous segment of our population not only is uneducated on current events, but also that they have little interest in current events and the current state of the world.

Truly embarrassing. I notice quickly when abroad how much more "filled in" the average person is. Forget all the conspiracies for a minute, the lack of natural intellectual curiosity and desire to learn might be at an all-time low.
edit on 9-5-2014 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: defcon5
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
Only thing I can think of is that folks didn't equate MH with “Malaysian Air”.

See what happens when you spend all your ATS time arguing over rabbit shaped rocks on Mars...

Des

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluecollarron
I assumed the " ive never heard of it" was a joke, I laughed when reading the options. If your on ats I think its fair to assume you have heard of mh730. Maybe usa has more of a sense of humor??

Polling is not a place to show a sense of humor..unless your wishing the joke to be on you of course.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Looks like I'll be trading my American gas-guzzler pick 'em up, 10 gallon hat, horses, oilwells, ranches, hot dogs and apple pie for a kangaroo! My vote sits best with my Aussie friends down under than with my fellow Americanos.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I've noticed that the average person that I talk to has no idea of what's going on in the news. So, in that sense I'm not too surprised by it. But I figured, as others said, that even Americans on ATS were smarter than that. That's a huge difference. Canada, 1%; and US, 26%. Just plain, weird.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I didnt vote for it just sayin my first impression was youve got to be kidding me, who HASNT heard of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join