It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mad Cow? What Mad Cow? Canada to Serve Bush Beef

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Despite an embargo on imported Canadian cattle due to mad cow concerns, President Bush will be served beef on his trip to Ottawa. The ban enacted after a cow from a Canadian herd tested positive for the disease has been in effect since 2003. The ban has been estimated to cost the Canadian cattle industry and others as much as 4.2 billion dollars.

story.news.yahoo.com
OTTAWA (Reuters) - The United States has yet to reopen its borders to imports of live Canadian cattle but that won't keep Ottawa from serving beef to U.S. President George W. Bush at an official dinner this week.

Washington slammed the door in May 2003 after a single case of mad cow disease was found in Canada. This month, the U.S. Department of Agriculture proposed allowing the full resumption of imports but the decision has to be reviewed by the Bush administration's budget office before going into effect.

The president has a chance to make a personal assessment on Tuesday, when beef from the western province of Alberta will be on the menu.

"Far from being insulted at being served Alberta beef, I think he'll be keen to dig in," a Canadian official told reporters on Sunday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As a reporter pointed out, the President will in all likelihood be pleased with the dinner choice. It is high time that the cattle ban be lifted. I am far more comfortable with Canadian cattle than those coming from other countries where the standards are not as strict. As long as a comprehensive testing program is in place that is.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Let's all keep a close watch on Pres Bush after this meal and see whether his English skills remain the same or deteriorate, if that's possible.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
....his first mad cow meal was countered with several lines of Peruvian flake, immediately killing the viral germ.
He's likely got a reserve. But, he could also do worse for a state dinner menu & be served french fries with gravy & cheese.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I wonder if Mr. Bush will have one of his secret service men tasting his food for poisoning.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Double post "cost" 20 points.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with our meat. It was all just a US Agricultural Association hoax to increase there sales. I've been eating Alberta beef for years, been eating Alberta beef for years, Alberta beef.........uh...........umm.......................

What was I talking about?

[edit on 30-11-2004 by palg1]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Isn't that funny that meat around the world has tested positive for deceases but US has manage to keep it away from the food chain.

Sometimes I wonder about the stuff we eat all the time.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The secret service men won't be there to test his food...they are there to cut it up and chew it for him....we don't want him to choke and have another pretzel incident on our hands...LOL

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You know that is funny, you are right we don't want somebody chocking on a piece of meat.

Does anybody has a copy of the menu out there?

I will like to see what is in it.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Just watching the question and answer period with Mr. Bush and Paul Martin
Bush had said he wanted to thank the Canadian people who came out to the airport to welcome him especially the one�s who use all 5 fingers.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Just watching the question and answer period with Mr. Bush and Paul Martin
Bush had said he wanted to thank the Canadian people who came out to the airport to welcome him especially the one�s who use all 5 fingers.

I can not stop laughing that is so funny, do we have a link to it?

I will love to see the wellcome reception.

top topics

join