It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Dead After Alabama Police ‘Shoved Sharp Object Into Throat’ to Retrieve Drugs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Please read here... cardiac arrest IS shockable ajd should be done immediately... So now ask yourself, what other assumptions are you wrong about???

No, an AED will not save every person who suffers from sudden cardiac arrest. No device is a foolproof means of survival. As indicated above, children or adults who develop cardiac arrest caused by a slowing of the heart rate (bradycardia) or cardiac standstill (asystole) cannot be treated with an AED. These rhythms do not respond to electric shocks, so the AED will not allow a shock to be activated and standard CPR measures should be performed.

Asystole absolutely cannot be corrected with defibrillation, period. In order to "shock" the heart back into rhythm, there must first be a rhythm. Asystole, commonly known as "flatline" is just that...a complete lack of any electrical activity. Commonly known as NO HEARTBEAT. Therefore, NO RHYTHM. Certain arrhythmias that ultimately result in asystole can be shocked, but once the heart has completely stopped beating, you can shock a person as much as you like, and it will not "restart". It's not a car battery, ok? In order for defibrillation to be successful, there must actually BE a rhythm to interrupt and reset the heart. If someone is in asystole, CPR is performed until the either manual stimulation generates enough electrical impulse to restore a rhythm or the patient is pronounced dead. That is why CPR must be started immediately in the absence of a heart rhythm...it's their only chance at survival.

I find it amusing that you would accuse me of "assuming" something like that. I have been an emergency medical professional for over 20 years and have worked with scores of heart patients, right alongside some of the best cardiothoracic surgeons in the business.

I provided you with an educational link for AED's, which can be located in any shopping mall, airport, etc in case of emergency, and are designed to be used by people who know absolutely nothing about cardiac medicine...such as yourself. They will not even deliver a shock at all unless there is a rhythm present, and they will announce that loud and clear, typically in an annoyingly cheerful male voice, so there is no mistake.

In the case of the victim in this scenario, lack of oxygen from asphyxiation would have put him in asystole within minutes. The only thing that could have saved him at that point would have been continuous Basic Life Support, commonly known as CPR or cardiopulmonary resuscitation, until EMS arrived on the scene to take over. If they had no rhythm to shock either, they would continue CPR until they arrived at the hospital and an MD pronounced him dead or a miracle occurred.

Please read here...it is broken down to the simplest of degrees, so even you can understand it. And ask yourself...don't you feel silly now? You should.

Automated External Defibrillator

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Ok, so they didn't actually cut his throat open, they occluded his airway...not that it makes any difference, they still murdered him...but I am very curious as to what exactly the sharp object was that they stuck down his throat?

I'm trying to search for the answer to that but either my browser is jacked up or this laptop has problems...can't get stuff to load. Would you happened to have run across the info on that by chance?

This sounds very similar to the kind of thing the cops here are fond of doing in certain areas of the city...very scary indeed. I don't go out at night in certain neighborhoods, not because of the gang bangers but because of the police. I don't see how their department could possibly cover for them on this, but I guess they did if the family is having to bring a wrongful death suit in order to seek justice.

Watch the movie "Training Day"... really good movie with Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke. Basically, they take a pen or pencil and stick it down your throat to make you throw up drugs if they think you swallowed them. Denzel did this to Snoop Dogg in Training Day.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

If any of this is true....

my

thoughts

exactly .. !

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer Over the top Insane. How do we protect ourselves and our children...lock them up,put them in a bubble? Poor Family.My deepest Condolences to this family.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen I am with you on this all the way.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Not surprising. Police/Pigs using excessive force and killing someone. That's what they do.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Looks like they planted the bags on him to cover their asses. Typical MO. How has police brutality and corruption come so far? You're no longer innocent until proven guilty. You're made guilty because they can't afford the consequences of their own actions if you're innocent.

What sickens me is that a judge takes an officer's word as absolute truth, yet Internal Affairs exists, so clearly officers are not these pristine paragons of morality.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: yourignoranceisbliss

I hope they get stomped during a civil uprising by 10s of angry protestors and rioters.

Or maybe take a motolv cocktail to the face.
Im sure the karma that is coming their way is like a Tisunami peaking on the horizon.

For what blood is shed, thou will shed blood 10 fold.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

The article claims he lived for five days before dying in hospital so obviously something more could have/should have been done for him...he wasn't dead at the scene from what I've read.

The fact that there are so many cases being reported of brutality and abuse should give one pause for concern. Where have we heard that "just following orders" crap before?. If there are "good guys" in blue as you suggest, it doesn't mean much in the scheme of things if the "bad" out numbers the good....just way too many incidents of "mistakes", wrongful home entry, deaths, shooting of even tiny pets like puppies and more. Old people being shot in their beds because some over zealous team got an address wrong...old confused or aggitated folks in nursing homes getting tazed because the medical personnel are too lazy and inept to get off their fat a$$es and do their job right. The list is just getting too long and to frequent to be excused or ignored.

It all amounts to the citizen nowadays to figure out..."Whatcha gonna do when they come for you"?

edit on 8-5-2014 by shrevegal because: added words

edit on 8-5-2014 by shrevegal because: spelling

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

He might not have been dead at the scene, but paramedics were called and allegedly had to perform CPR. I'd still like to know just what the extent of his injuries were by the police, that led him to die after 5 days in a hospital.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal

The article claims he lived for five days before dying in hospital so obviously something more could have/should have been done for him...he wasn't dead at the scene from what I've read.

The fact that there are so many cases being reported of brutality and abuse should give one pause for concern. Where have we heard that "just following orders" crap before?. If there are "good guys" in blue as you suggest, it doesn't mean much in the scheme of things if the "bad" out numbers the good....just way too many incidents of "mistakes", wrongful home entry, deaths, shooting of even tiny pets like puppies and more. Old people being shot in their beds because some over zealous team got an address wrong...old confused or aggitated folks in nursing homes getting tazed because the medical personnel are too lazy and inept to get off their fat a$$es and do their job right. The list is just getting too long and to frequent to be excused or ignored.

It all amounts to the citizen nowadays to figure out..."Whatcha gonna do when they come for you"?

He was likley brain dead.

It quite common if CPR does work that the brain suffers extensive damage. Infact its pretty certain that you will get some form of brain damage even if mild, so chances are he suffered severe brain damage that resulted in brain death.

Bacialy its caused by your brain slowly dieing due to the fact not enough oxygen is reaching it, even with CPR its no subsitute for a beating heart. It just random chance what bits of the brain die off first be it some obscure memorys or your brain stem.

The real world does not work like ER or greys anatomy were a good looking doctor beats on your chest a few times and uses majeic electric paddles on you and wham you up and about in perfect health. Very much the opposite.

edit on 8-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: yourignoranceisbliss

How has police brutality and corruption come so far?

Fear of and response to events like Rodney King beating and trial verdict is my best guess. City wide riots behind taped beating and innocent verdict for guilty officers.

Thats why we no longer get trials for police, especially public ones. Internal affairs is not an objective review, its the police themselves. Imagine letting criminals try themselves for assault and robbery.

The new era of police immunity, expanded "rights" to search and seize you and your belongings allow them to get away with anything and they know it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

There is NO report stating he had any drugs in his system, and the toxicology report was tossed. So at this point, no one can state emphatically he had drugs in his system. I would think if the toxicology report confirmed he did indeed have drugs in his system the police would have hung onto that for dear life, to absolve themselves of his death.

See: "The report could not rule out a drug overdose. But since Smith’s blood samples were discarded, and never tested, it is impossible to determine whether he had drugs in his system at the time of his arrest."

Also, according to the brief, "no bag was found or recovered from the scene nor was a bag found or retrieved from the hospital where Minor N.S. was treated until his death."

Now to play devil's advocate, I think the 'confidential informant' (the 18-yr old) knew the deceased 17-yr old, probably exchanged drugs in the past (the club scene is rife with Ecstasy), and arranged to meet up with him as part of his sting operation, but then the cops jumped the gun and ran towards him, leading him to attempt to flee. Only after he was thrown to the ground, cuffed, ribs broken, choked, and then has his throat probed with the 'sharp oblong object', did they learn he didn't have drugs on him after all.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Concealed carry.
You have the right to defend your life - from everyone.
What a tragedy and over what? A possible bag of drugs?
There is a pattern of police overuse of knees in back and other brutalities while suspects are cuffed and down.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

That's what needs to be addressed. The suspect is down and cuffed. What more do the police need to do? If the suspect swallowed a bag of drugs, then take him to the hospital. That bag ain't going anywhere. There's never a good reason to go probing around in someone's throat with a "sharp oblong object," no matter how bad you want that promotion.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Ok, devil's advocate. He was an alleged "drug dealer". So does that really warrant techniques straight out of the play book of Genghis Khan to be used on him. Should he have been denied due process of the law?.

It's a disgrace that these pigs are bringing down their profession by this disgraceful behavior. Yeah, I'm calling them pigs, because they warrant the name. Abusive behavior by the police is becoming rampant across this Country. I guess is OK though since "drugs" were possibly/maybe involved so anything goes. /SARC

These pigs are nothing more than sociopaths with badges.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pdawg67

Ok, devil's advocate. He was an alleged "drug dealer". So does that really warrant techniques straight out of the play book of Genghis Khan to be used on him. Should he have been denied due process of the law?.

It's a disgrace that these pigs are bringing down their profession by this disgraceful behavior. Yeah, I'm calling them pigs, because they warrant the name. Abusive behavior by the police is becoming rampant across this Country. I guess is OK though since "drugs" were possibly/maybe involved so anything goes. /SARC

These pigs are nothing more than sociopaths with badges.

If you had read the article more carefully or, at all, you would know that the boy that died was not an alleged "drug dealer".

Having said that...I do 100% agree with your pork statement.
edit on 8-5-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
a reply to: Asktheanimals

That's what needs to be addressed. The suspect is down and cuffed. What more do the police need to do? If the suspect swallowed a bag of drugs, then take him to the hospital. That bag ain't going anywhere. There's never a good reason to go probing around in someone's throat with a "sharp oblong object," no matter how bad you want that promotion.

There's the haunting reality of it. This guy was obviously in trouble from an
obstruction in his airway, not to mention a few cracked ribs from his frame size,
compared to whatever put him in the dirt.

IF the police found contraband in his throat or not is irrelevant. What matters is
those cops jumped WAY OUT of their pay grade at the arrest scene becoming
impromptu ear, nose and throat men. For that alone they acted with a lack of
responsibility that I simply can't understand. And I thought all this time the main
job was to keep the suspect alive long enough to punish him. Boy was I wrong...

I suggest the court deposes a spokesperson from the American College of Surgeons
to explain the extraction procedure and the equipment required to perform it
safely; something evidently on the back burner for our drug crusaders.

In the long run It's good for an expert to be able to see where one's going
when living tissue is occupying the same space as tools. These guys were cops
at the time--- if we're at all lucky they won't be for long.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

If the police had any integrity, they would persue the corruption within their own organizations. This is unexcusably disgusting. I would feel safer if all police where disbanded and I was left to fend for myself. At least then I wouldnt have to wonder if I'm going to be assaulted or not when I'm pulled over.

Nothing but drug busts and traffic tickets. If the cops really did their jobs, then crime wouldnt be so rampant in this country. How about arresting some corrupt leaders for a change?

If they wont preserve justice, then what good are they?

Exactly right, and well said !

I am so sick of this mentality of "oh, it's just a few bad apples giving the rest a bad name". NO it ISN'T. It is all the good apples that keep turning a blind eye to the very thing they are paid to protect us from, that are contributing to the problem just as much. All because they don't want to ruin their chance of promotion and think that they are part of a "brotherhood" when those same bad apples that they protect will be the first one's to turn on them and the brotherhood at the first sign of getting caught or exposed. Your brotherhood is as meaningless as your badge.

The Police might think that that badge gives them the right to hurt and kill our family members, but what they just don't seem to understand is that we don't need a badge to get revenge on them and their families. If any officer hurt or killed one of my family members due to excessive force, then that officer and his/her family WILL find out what the words 'excessive force' really mean. I know an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind, but if you blind a few to send a message to the rest, then the whole world should use the few as an example of what WILL happen. If the world doesn't learn, then the world deserves to be blind !

But these guys will get a slap on the wrist, those that pursue the issue further will be hounded by the same police, and then we'll all be complaining about the next case of police excessive force, and then the next, and then the next...............OR, we start sending a message in return. And if you disagree with this, then you are no better than the "good apples" that do nothing about the "bad apples". You are the ones that seem to forget that in this case they are ALL still apples !

How much more of this do we tolerate without taking a stand and playing their own game back at them ? How much longer ? How many MORE cases do we need before we see the pattern ?

But if we take out an officer that killed our family member with excessive force, then we become "cop killers" and are the most wanted person in that state or nation at the time. And guess who will be coming for us in response unless we all took a stand...............the good apples coming in full force for their fallen bad apple. A bad apple kills our family member, he gets protected by the good apples. We take revenge for the injustice of the courts, and then we get hunted by the good and bad apples. But they are ALL apples. Never forget this !

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Wow, and pigs wonder why we hate them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join