It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benghazi: The American People Want The Truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
By rickynews

Whether you are a Conservative, Liberal, Democrat, Republican or Independent, as an American, you are both entitled to and have a right to know what the President of the United States was doing, and where he was, when an on-going tragedy and an attack on America was underway - whether in the United States or at an American Embassy abroad.

The Benghazi, Libya attacks on September 11, 2012 that brutally killed 4 Americans, including an American Ambassador, is becoming more concerning by the day, especially as some, albeit few answers are finally coming into the light, albeit a full 19 months later. There remains many more unanswered questions as to exactly what happened that fateful night, and exactly what our officials did and did not do during the attacks.

All we hear as of late from the embattled U.S. Press Secretary is a denial and an obvious play on words, while other partisan politicians suggest “Let’s move on” and “At this point, what difference does it make”?

Americans also want to know what the President has done after promising to “bring the attacking terrorists to justice”. So far, there is no indication, nor reason to believe that the President’s promise to do so will be fulfilled.

The President needs to answer and account for his whereabouts and his decisions, including his orders as Commander in Chief during and after the attacks on the American Embassy – yet, these questions loom, and remain unanswered.

Ignoring these questions is a foolish and misguided political strategy, and there is absolutely no reason to believe that the families of these brave Americans, nor Congress, nor the American people will cease in wanting to know the truth, and getting answers as to Who knew What,…When did they know it…, and What actions or inactions lead to the disaster that cost these American lives.

As the most powerful person in the world, the President needs to be forthright, truthful and direct with where he was on the night of the attacks, specifically what he ordered, what he did not order, and why. Instead, the American people are getting the run-around, and as a result, Americans instinctually sense that the Administration is either hiding something, or there is an on-going cover-up currently in progress.

Americans are not stupid. We have seen this before, and demanding the truth and facts from our government is without question the American way.

A crisis only becomes a scandal when there is something to hide, and when the truth, facts and reality begin to align differently than what the American People have been told by our elected officials.

The Benghazi crisis has indeed become a scandal, and will not go away by playing politics and ignoring the will of the people to get to the truth.

If I were advising Mr. Obama, I would strongly suggest that he be straightforward and truthful about what he knew, when he knew it, where he was and what he did or did not do during the Benghazi attacks. If the truth is inconvenient, or results in an admission of decision-making mistakes, then so be it. The American people are fair, and they will cut some slack to the President and others that may have miscalculated in the decision making process. What the American People will not tolerate however, is being told one thing, while the facts and truth suggest something entirely different.

The question as to Mr. Obama’s whereabouts is absolutely a fair question. During the raid and killing of Osama Bid Laden, the White House released multiple photos of the President and his staff in the Situation Room as events unfolded; yet during an attack on Americans at the Benghazi Embassy, we have seen no such pictures. Why? The President doesn’t necessarily need to be in the Situation Room during a crisis, and perhaps Mr. Obama was in the Oval office during the attacks, yet it remains quite fuzzy as to exactly where he was, what he was doing, and the decisions he made. Eliminating this curiosity should be standard practice, unless there is something to hide.

The truth and facts regarding Benghazi will eventually come out. In the meantime, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s ambitions to become the next U.S. President may very well hang in the balance as to what exactly happened, what she knew, when she knew it, and what she and President Obama did or not did not do in the way of protecting American lives under their watch. Seeking to be Commander in Chief requires a certain confidence that you are up to the job. It stands to reason that the truth is something that both Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton find quite politically inconvenient, and perhaps do not want to be revealed, and the American People are left wondering exactly why that would be…

edit on 6-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If this is such a non issue and a waste of time then the Dem's could stop it by answering question's asked and providing all the E-Mails, its that simple.

Lies and ridicule are all the Dem's have to fight this with, the truth would out them for who and what they really are, politician's that would and will do ANYTHING to protect the agenda they have been installed for.
edit on 6-5-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The Democrats apparently don't think that we can handle the truth.

Or they don't want to be sucked into Obama's sinking ship.

+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

I think your title should read, "Benghazi: The American People Want To Be Distracted".

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
"In a second schedule update issued around 10:42 a.m. on Wednesday, the White House indicated that President Obama would continue with his campaign trip to Las Vegas after issuing a statement on events in Libya and Egypt in the Rose Garden"
Might help as too "where".
.a reply to: rickynews

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusdynamite

I think your title should read, "Benghazi: The American People Want To Be Distracted".

Not exactly accurate. Rickynews took the time to lay out the facts and ask questions in a very unbiased manner. I like to believe any American with a conscience can comprehend the value of a life. Like any mother, father, brother or sister would, I would want answers as to why my loved ones were left to fight for their lives as the leader of the free world went to bed on fluffy down filled pillows dreaming of butterflies and rainbows. Obviously the value of an American life is not worth taking the chance to lose an already damaged presidency. Shame on Obama and all who throw up road blocks to prevent the truth from getting to WE THE PEOPLE.
edit on 5/6/2014 by GNOarmy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline
If this is such a non issue and a waste of time then the Dem's could stop it by answering question's asked and providing all the E-Mails, its that simple.

Lies and ridicule are all the Dem's have to fight this with, the truth would out them for who and what they really are, politician's that would and will do ANYTHING to protect the agenda they have been installed for.

As the saying goes "The truth shall set you free". Until the American People are satisfied that they have the truth, they will not set anybody free.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
FWIW;
will not run in 16

That was very funny!
Thank you for the laugh!!!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

FWIW;
will not run in 16

If Mrs. Clinton decides not to run, it may very well have something to do with what role she played during the Benghazi attacks. If she decides to run, the thirst for truth and answers will be unbearable.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

If it's a "phony scandal" or a "witch hunt" then they have nothing to fear in releasing the information. Until they do I will assume they are attempting to hide something. Why else would they not cooperate?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
By rickynews

Whether you are a Conservative, Liberal, Democrat, Republican or Independent, as an American, you are both entitled to and have a right to know what the President of the United States was doing, and where he was, when an on-going tragedy and an attack on America was underway - whether in the United States or at an American Embassy abroad.

The Benghazi, Libya attacks on September 11, 2012 that brutally killed 4 Americans, including an American Ambassador, is becoming more concerning by the day, especially as some, few answers are finally coming into the light, albeit a full 19 months later. There remains many more unanswered questions as to exactly what happened that fateful night, and exactly what our officials did and did not do during the attacks.

All we hear as of late from the embattled U.S. Press Secretary is a denial and an obvious play on words, while other partisan politicians suggest “Let’s move on” and “At this point, what difference does it make”?

Americans also want to know what the President has done after promising to “bring the attacking terrorists to justice”. So far, there is no indication, nor reason to believe that the President’s promise to do so will be fulfilled.

The President needs to answer and account for his whereabouts and his decisions, including his orders as Commander in Chief during and after the attacks on the American Embassy – yet, these questions loom, and remain unanswered.

Ignoring these questions is a foolish and misguided political strategy, and there is absolutely no reason to believe that the families of these brave Americans, nor Congress, nor the American people will cease in wanting to know the truth, and getting answers as to Who knew What,…When did they know it…, and What actions or inactions lead to the disaster that cost these American lives.

As the most powerful person in the world, the President needs to be forthright, truthful and direct with where he was on the night of the attacks, specifically what he ordered, what he did not order, and why. Instead, the American people are getting the run-around, and as a result, Americans instinctually sense that the Administration is either hiding something, or there is an on-going cover-up currently in progress.

Americans are not stupid. We have seen this before, and demanding the truth and facts from our government is without question the American way.

A crisis only becomes a scandal when there is something to hide, and when the truth, facts and reality begin to align differently than what the American People have been told by our elected officials.

The Benghazi crisis has indeed become a scandal, and will not go away by playing politics and ignoring the will of the people to get to the truth.

If I were advising Mr. Obama, I would strongly suggest that he be straightforward and truthful about what he knew, when he knew it, where he was and what he did or did not do during the Benghazi attacks. If the truth is inconvenient, or results in an admission of decision-making mistakes, then so be it. The American people are fair, and they will cut some slack to the President and others that may have miscalculated in the decision making process. What the American People will not tolerate however, is being told one thing, while the facts and truth suggest something entirely different.

The question as to Mr. Obama’s whereabouts is absolutely a fair question. During the raid and killing of Osama Bid Laden, the White House released multiple photos of the President and his staff in the Situation Room as events unfolded; yet during an attack on Americans at the Benghazi Embassy, we have seen no such pictures. Why? The President doesn’t necessarily need to be in the Situation Room during a crisis, and perhaps Mr. Obama was in the Oval office during the attacks, yet it remains quite fuzzy as to exactly where he was, what he was doing, and the decisions he made. Eliminating this curiosity should be standard practice, unless there is something to hide.

The truth and facts regarding Benghazi will eventually come out. In the meantime, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s ambitions to become the next U.S. President may very well hang in the balance as to what exactly happened, what she knew, when she knew it, and what she and President Obama did or not did not do in the way of protecting American lives under their watch. Seeking to be Commander in Chief requires a certain confidence that you are up to the job. It stands to reason that the truth is something that both Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton find quite politically inconvenient, and perhaps do not want to be revealed, and the American People are left wondering exactly why that would be…

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

FWIW;
will not run in 16

Your "source" is a satirical website... I noticed that when I read...

Multiple insiders have confirmed to National Report that the former Secretary of State has been diagnosed with a brain tumor discovered during a recent colonoscopy. - See more at: http://_national_report_dot_net_/breaking-sources-confirm-hillary-clinton-will-running-2016-due-health-issues/#sthash.g9KUA5wI.dpuf

...Meaning she has her head up her ass.

National Report (_national_report_dot_net_) is a satirical website devoted to often subtle parodies of real news which convince the unwary.

Source

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GNOarmy

originally posted by: gusdynamite

Not exactly accurate. Rickynews took the time to lay out the facts and ask questions in a very unbiased manner. I like to believe any American with a conscience can comprehend the value of a life. Like any mother, father, brother or sister would, I would want answers as to why my loved ones were left to fight for their lives as the leader of the free world went to bed on fluffy down filled pillows dreaming of butterflies and rainbows. Obviously the value of an American life is not worth taking the chance to lose an already damaged presidency. Shame on Obama and all who throw up road blocks to prevent the truth from getting to WE THE PEOPLE.

I'll lay out a fact for you, mate. This happened two and a half years ago and until now America wasn't going ape sh*t over it.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gusdynamite

I believe this was question immediately. September 11th? Not exactly coincidental. Covered up immediately. Americans still died, no? Was it a non-issue to their families. What is the value of an American life to you? The cost of your beloved Obama?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I call total B.S. with respect to your assertion that the "American people" want the truth. The last thing those "American people" you're talking about want is the truth and not only that, they wouldn't recognize the truth if it were staring them right in the face.

The truth has absolutely nothing to do with the latest Benghazi crazy-fest, no more than the truth had anything to do with the "Birther" movement, the radical right-wing Bundy ranch debacle, the fake I.R.S. scandal, etc..., etc...

In reality, they're just desperately looking for anything they can hang around the President's neck to serve as his "Waterloo," (to use their own words) and if they can simultaneously point a finger at Hillary in the process, well that's a bonus too big to pass up.

IMO, the reason that Benghazi issue is being re-energized by the GOP is due to the fact that ObamaCare is proving to be more successful than anticipated, causing their "repeal, repeal, repeal" platform of the past to lose steam with many voters who are realizing the benefits, thus creating the need for a new "fake" issue to keep their base stirred up and distracted.

I believe they chose to re-energize the Benghazi issue because they see the potential to not only go after the President, but also as a pre-cursor to their future strategy of using Benghazi as their base of attacks against Hillary in the 2016 elections.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

13 Benghazis That Occurred on Bush's Watch Without a Peep from Fox News

Not only have numerous sources previously debunked the Benghazi information being peddled by the Republicans and Fox News (for example, contrary to what the Republicans are saying, yes, reinforcements did in fact arrive before the attack on the CIA compound), but none of these people raised a single word of protest when, for example, American embassies in Yemen and Pakistan were attacked numerous times.

Nearly every accusation being issued about Benghazi could've been raised about the Bush-era attacks, and yet these self-proclaimed truth-seekers refused to, in their words, undermine the commander-in-chief while troops were in harm's way (a line they repeated over and over again during those years).

So we're only left to conclude the obvious. The investigations and accusations and conspiracy theories are entirely motivated by politics and a strategy to escalate this to an impeachment trial. In doing so, the Republicans have the opportunity not only to crush the president's second term, but also to sabotage the potential for a Hillary Clinton presidency.

Ain't it funny how the GOP suddenly became the almighty "truth seekers" just right after Obama got elected?

Seeking the truth has absolutely nothing to do with this issue!

edit on 6-5-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GNOarmy
a reply to: gusdynamite

I believe this was question immediately. September 11th? Not exactly coincidental. Covered up immediately. Americans still died, no? Was it a non-issue to their families. What is the value of an American life to you? The cost of your beloved Obama?

I'm Australian - don't really give a crap about Obama. What you just did was betray your mindset to each and all who...well, who don't have the same mindset.

On topic, What cover up? I bet I could find an Amazonian tribe that knew all this happened and was appalled - not just at the fact it happened but the fact that nobody cared that much.

Please either sit quietly or address the points I have made quite clear.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I 100% agree. Where the hell was all the outrage over the earlier attacks on embassies and consulates? Oh wait, that was under Bush, who could do no wrong in the eyes of the men in charge of Fox News (Murdoch and Ailes).

Here's something else about it.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Jon Stewart Exposes Fox News' Hypocrisy over Benghazi

What your thread title should read.."The American right and their faux outrage".

You complain about four American lives..yet say nothing about the hundred or thousands of American lives lost due to a lie by the Bush administration about Iraq..Tell me..what makes these four American lives more important than the rest?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This has become comedy gold. Outside of wing nut circles I have NEVER heard one person bring up Benghazi. I truly wish the right wingers would have pursued answers after Raygun let almost 250 marines perish. I wish they would have pursued Booosh after he sat there for (how long) looking like a deer in the headlights. Back before we had the internet you idiots on the right could get away with editorializing and lying about things. Now you are nothing but a parody. Too bad your mirror is broken or you could see it for yourselves. Did you guys ever find that birth certificate? Lol.......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join