It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence is Good

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gallowglaich

It seems to me that many wars are started by pussies with too much money and power, who have never knuckled up man to man. I find large scale war disgusting for the most part. How many lives could have been saved if George Bush and Saddam had just agreed to settle it in the ring?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Modern warfare is an abomination mostly. Like I said, war should be personal- not cold and detached, using technology to take yourself out of danger.

A king should fight with his soldiers, after all.
edit on 6-5-2014 by Gallowglaich because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Small minds fight with their fists, great minds fight with their brain.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

"Small minds fight with their fists, great minds fight with their brain."

Tell that to a guy that just got knocked out.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Ehh?

The place for kings is on the hillside watching the battle. the place for the lesser men is on the battlefield bonking each other over the head for the kings pleasure. Its the way its always been, its most likely the way it will always be.

Small minds fight with their fists, great minds fight with their brains. Its because the brain is the superior strength...what separates us from a bunch of enraged baboons.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Ehh?

The place for kings is on the hillside watching the battle. the place for the lesser men is on the battlefield bonking each other over the head for the kings pleasure. Its the way its always been, its most likely the way it will always be.

Small minds fight with their fists, great minds fight with their brains. Its because the brain is the superior strength...what separates us from a bunch of enraged baboons.

But you are not a king, don't harbor these false notions of your own importance. In all likelyhood you are nothing, just a little person among the masses. And for unimportant, regular people, violence can be utilized to exceptional results.

And besides, you clearly are not a student of history. Some of the greatest, most prominent leaders in history were known for fighting with their men.

Richard the Lionheart?
Timur?
Ghengis Khan?
Attila?
Vespasian?
Marcus Aurelius?
Philip Augustus?
Mark Antony?
William Wallace?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I knew it was by this guy before I opened the thread.
Sorry but If you think violence is good and having fights is great and makes men out of us all I think

1) You have never been in a fight ever.

2) You have not thought about the impact violence has on society or family's who have to suffer an abusive parent.

Oh and before you label me as a metro-sexual male I used to run pubs in Manchester, London, Liverpool and I was sent in to sort out trouble pubs which I did and yes I have had many fights...hated them all and I tried to be the diplomat before I got rid of the person involved.

So please stop daydreaming about Braveheart and the Dark ages...it wasn't as heroic as you think.
edit on 6-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gallowglaich

Ehh?

But you are not a king, don't harbor these false notions of your own importance. In all likelyhood you are nothing, just a little person among the masses. And for unimportant, regular people, violence can be utilized to exceptional results.

And besides, you clearly are not a student of history. Some of the greatest, most prominent leaders in history were known for fighting with their men.

Richard the Lioneart?
Timur?
Ghengis Khan?
Attila?
Vespasian?
Marcus Aruelius?
Philip Augustus?
Mark Antony?

Kings are made of blood. a tired and outdated concept if you are sticking to the definition.
The new kings of the modern world are the people whom run your life more directly..the laws, the lawyers, the judges, the media, the entertainment providers, the technologists etc. These are your rulers, and I damn sure do count myself as one of these.

In regards of kings fighting with their soldiers, well, the changing times have created different types of warriors. mental warriors which are in every way superior to those whom refuse to accept change.

lets look at a post you made, and you will note that indeed the new kings have replaced the old, the new warriors have ousted the former brain beaters. The sword so to speak has been replaced by the mobile camera..and every day, from cop to general thug, the new warriors are catching and destroying the old ones.

_____

a reply to: Cygnis

You also notice how prevalent bullying in schools seems to be now. Verbal abuse can be devastating and extremely damaging to a kid's psyche. The kid feels degraded, ostracized, and powerless, and there is absolutely nothing he can do about it. If he snaps and hits that bully right in the face, he will probably get suspended- actually, scratch that, in most public schools these days fighting actually gets you immediate expulsion, even if it is your first offense.

Yes, this however is the norm. the ones with the true strength are now topping the lesser. Intelligence is the true strength of our species. As the world conforms to the strength wielded, it of course changes. the meatheads whom punch out frustration become as you point out, expelled and rejected eventually from society. This is by design..it is a good design also, it eliminates the primate tendancies of the weaker ones while strengthening the arsenal of the intellects...it makes the physical reactionaries seen as failures and liabilities, moving them away from wealth and success, meanwhile those whom have Mastered their minds gain in equal amounts. It is definitely a war going on already, and the physical resolution types are rapidly losing. The casualties are displayed in schoolyards where mental bullies get chuckles, meanwhile physical types get removed. In the streets where winging insults at a meathead gets them swinging, which lands them in prison for 15 years, etc.

I remember my dad telling me about how his teacher actually allowed boys to settle their disputes by fighting, overseeing the whole thing and making sure nobody got seriously hurt. And even if the recipient of the bullying got beaten, he would be motivated to get stronger and quicker, he would practice punching things until he turned it around and whooped that bully's ass.

Actually, the ones who got beaten decided instead to work on the more important strength..to gain wealth, influence, and convert perception, law, and standards. The initial physical bully may have gotten a hit in, but it was that swing that enhanced the mastery of society to eliminate such behavior.

Nowadays, the desperation and hopelessness just builds up inside these kids until they feel the need to bring a gun to school and murder people in cold blood, probably because they feel so alienated that they end up considering everyone around them an enemy that deserves to die.

There have been shootings and massacres in schools for as long as there have been firearms. historical records describe many incidents of kids bringing guns to school and going to town. it is of course heard more now adays because of first off, global media desperately trying to find pop sensation stories, and also..simply a lot more people. more people, more nuts.

It's a bad situation, and it's made worse by the fact that this system is too blind and removed from reality to see the root of the problem.

No, the system is not removing any reality, rather, it is reorganizing the cause and effect.

So, I agree with you. Men do have a predisposition to fight, some with their body, some with their minds, and nature has demonstrated quite clearly that mankind is on top of the food chain due to our intellect, and not because we are stronger than a bear. Basic instinct driven animals will continue to stick with their primal desires influencing their decisions..but evolution is happening, has happened, and that line of thinking has been margainalized as some primitive throwback..like a tail or webbed feet.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I knew it was by this guy before I opened the thread.
Sorry but If you think violence is good and having fights is great and makes men out of us all I think

1) You have never been in a fight ever.

2) You have not thought about the impact violence has on society or family's who have to suffer an abusive parent.

Oh and before you label me as a metro-sexual male I used to run pubs in Manchester, London, Liverpool and I was sent in to sort out trouble pubs which I did and yes I have had many fights...hated them all and I tried to be the diplomat before I got rid of the person involved.

So please stop daydreaming about Braveheart and the Dark ages...it wasn't as heroic as you think.

Nope, I've been in fights buddy, do you want to see scars I have on my chest from getting cut with glass? I will PM you a picture.

If you fought me, I would hurt you, badly. Expect a private message in a few minutes.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Richard the Lioneart?
Timur?
Ghengis Khan?
Attila?
Vespasian?
Marcus Aruelius?
Philip Augustus?
Mark Antony?

Incidentally, it is common practice for royalty to have such stories of them leading the charge written down to boost morale of troops. Of course its a bald faced lie, the king at best will be very far into the green zone drinking wine...but history is told by the scribes dictating verses the stories from the ignorant plebs fighting for the kings wishes.
And Ghengis Khan was no king...he was just a raping warlord.

You believe everything you read from a royal narration of history about..royals?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

And for unimportant, regular people, violence can be utilized to exceptional results.

Is this solely on a individual basis?

Are you perhaps implying that it might not be too far fetched that we could utilize this, as say a united front?

I can think of many times the "Unimportant, regular people" utilized violence to an "exceptional result".

This article makes for an interesting read:

Source

Put simply, non-violence as a tactic and principle is absurd. For one, what is the end in itself? Resistance, reform and the revolutionary overthrow of a despotic or otherwise undemocratic government. Victory is the end. Seeing that there is virtually no government on Earth that believes in non-violence in the pursuit of preserving itself, why should those who take issue with the government’s policies be forced to play by a different set of rules?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

No please don't bother...my next guess is you are young.
This isn't who is hardest, a real fight rarely goes down to who is the better fighter.
You saying you could beat be in a fight? maybe you could on one day and not another...frankly I don't care.
Bragging about fighting tells me a lot about a man.....

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Richard the Lioneart?
Timur?
Ghengis Khan?
Attila?
Vespasian?
Marcus Aruelius?
Philip Augustus?
Mark Antony?

Incidentally, it is common practice for royalty to have such stories of them leading the charge written down to boost morale of troops. Of course its a bald faced lie, the king at best will be very far into the green zone drinking wine...but history is told by the scribes dictating verses the stories from the ignorant plebs fighting for the kings wishes.
And Ghengis Khan was no king...he was just a raping warlord.

You believe everything you read from a royal narration of history about..royals?

Again, you demonstrate your lack of knowledge.

Richard the Lionheart actually died in battle from a crossbow bolt, and I believe Timur died fighting as well. You shouldn't speak on subjects you know little of, leave it to people like me to teach you.

Also, I never said he was a king, I said prominent leaders. And that raping warlord conquered the largest continental empire in history, more than a "pleb" like you could ever hope to do.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

No please don't bother...my next guess is you are young.
This isn't who is hardest, a real fight rarely goes down to who is the better fighter.
You saying you could beat be in a fight? maybe you could on one day and not another...frankly I don't care.
Bragging about fighting tells me a lot about a man.....

You were accusing me of not having any merit or legitimacy, and I need to protect my opinion's validity.

If I'm accused of being a pussy, my whole thread falls apart for not being authentic.

I already sent the message. You should report back to us on what you saw.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Nah a scar doesn't prove much to me so I will not open it.

Or do you want me to open it (deleted it btw) and come back bleating how big and macho you are with such a HUGE scar? lol...please.

I just think humanity has moved on a bit from your point of view and we will not see eye to eye on this subject so I will leave you to your bragging and I just hope all this fighting you do and enjoy doesn't end up with you or another getting hurt and or jail time....because thats where thugs who use their fists belong..jail.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Nah a scar doesn't prove much to me so I will not open it.

Or do you want me to open it (deleted it btw) and come back bleating how big and macho you are with such a HUGE scar? lol...please.

I just think humanity has moved on a bit from your point of view and we will not see eye to eye on this subject so I will leave you to your bragging and I just hope all this fighting you do and enjoy doesn't end up with you or another getting hurt and or jail time....because thats where thugs who use their fists belong..jail.

Open it... I also sent pictures of both my hands with some lingering bruising on my knuckles.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I deleted it..why would you think I would open it? I don't care about your scars nor your big tough guy attitude which is caveman like and actually a cowardly way in how to deal with things.
So please don't send me anything.
I will leave you with your violence.
Bye.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I deleted it..why would you think I would open it? I don't care about your scars nor your big tough guy attitude which is caveman like and actually a cowardly way in how to deal with things.
So please don't send me anything.
I will leave you with your violence.
Bye.

I will resend it to you, don't thank me.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

No please don't. I have asked you not to do so now respect my private mail thank you.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

No please don't. I have asked you not to do so now respect my private mail thank you.

Are you frightened by me?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join