It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Vampire therapy' could reverse ageing, scientists find

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Throughout history, cultures across the globe have extolled the properties of youthful blood, with children sacrificed and the blood of young warriors drunk by the victors.

Now scientists have found that young blood actually ‘recharges’ the brain, forms new blood vessels and improves memory and learning.

Scientists at Harvard University discovered that a ‘youth protein’ which circulates in the blood is responsible for keeping the brain and muscles young and strong. The protein, known as ‘GDF11’, is present in the bloodstream in large quantities when we are young but peters out as we age.

Injecting the blood of virgins to stay young. Things that make you go "hmmmmm?"

•The U.S. Department of Justice
•The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

The most recent, comprehensive national study for the number of missing children estimated in 1999: 797,500 children younger than 18 were reported missing in a one year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.

Coincidence?
edit on 05America/Chicago31pm2014-05-04T23:44:19-05:00201405America/Chicago31 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: METACOMET

The most recent, comprehensive national study for the number of missing children estimated in 1999: 797,500 children younger than 18 were reported missing in a one year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.

Coincidence?

This is what I take issue with, the fact that SO MANY kids go missing each and every day worldwide (triple that number). In this electronic surveillance age, why the hell can't the police find all these kids??? Unless of course, the police and governments are in on these little snatch and grabs, paid to turn a blind eye, nudge nudge wink wink.

I know what they would say though, "have your kids chipped and that way we kind find them." NO, doesn't work that way, a GPS and/or wide bandwidth cell phone jammer costs less than a grand. And having a chip in your kid allows the criminals with the right technology to track your kid until they are most vulnerable. We need to put chips in the real criminals first, starting with the executive branch and working down from there, hell, all the politicians and bankers.

ETA: Oh yeah, Vampire therapy, neat find !

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/5.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: the ETA

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: METACOMET

Explains a lot. If 100% what it seems, it also gives a lot of people and topics a smidgen more credibility.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I've always wondered if vampires were real. I used to be super-obsessed with vampires.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how atonishing life on Earth is. If this is not magical, I di not know what is, but it is also terrifying as you pointed out....ominous really. 'Begin human trials in 3 to 5 years' pfffffffftt.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

The U.S. Department of Justice

Coincidence?

Yes, indeed a coincidence. Those rates simply say that kids were reported missing. A lot of those cases can be over anxious, neurotic parents that called in their kids after they stayed at a friends place a little longer than expected. Or kids that get in a little spat and "run away", aka: sleep on a friends couch for the weekend...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Everybody says that ancient man used technology to build this and that and used alien DNA to live longer. No, they had knowledge that we'll never fully understand. Like the 'Vampire Theory'.

They took blood from children and virgins and it recharged them somewhat. Where they got this knowledge from, who knows.

Interesting story. I wonder if we'll hear any more about this in the future.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Don't know about Vampires but this is why witches have been associated with eating infants throughout recorded history(not really babys just the afterbirth). Its the amniotic fluid/placenta they consumed after the delivery of a baby that provides any benefits. They were responsible for the midwifery. It does the mother a power of good also if ingested. As to increasing longevity or reversing the aging process, well after all there is nothing new under the Sun.

edit on 5-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You are not entirely on point with "witches." In fact the placenta has been preserved by most cultures for use in medicine including European for post partem depression amongst other indications as it is considered a Kidney Yang tonic. Many mammals also consume the placenta for its building effects. The pratice is not "Witch-craft" my God this is the 21st century, should we burn em at the stake too?

The drinking of young persons blood is entirely different imo, and is missing a level of morality, at the very least it contains a vast reservoir of vanity and personal indulgence. People addicted to youth have not spent their time in pursuing truth, God and true happiness as far as Im concerned. We will create a giant imbalance in nature in extending the life of human beings beyond a reasonable level...but hey I dont credit 99% of humanity with enough sense to come in out of the rain, so have at it.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Oh great. If this gets out, there wont be a safe child left in the world. I can imagine a future where immortal elites will have a donor child strapped to their back, connected with tubes and wires, like a living dialysis machine. and then discarded when no longer useful.

I do have a wild imagination though

The OP's article goes right to "injecting yourself with the blood of the young". As if this protein gdf11 couldn't be easily synthesized and mass produced. Then you could just have them add it to your morning smoothy.
edit on 5-5-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well the only thing left to decide is ....Team Edward or Team Jacob?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: METACOMET

Throughout history, cultures across the globe have extolled the properties of youthful blood, with children sacrificed and the blood of young warriors drunk by the victors.

Now scientists have found that young blood actually ‘recharges’ the brain, forms new blood vessels and improves memory and learning.

Scientists at Harvard University discovered that a ‘youth protein’ which circulates in the blood is responsible for keeping the brain and muscles young and strong. The protein, known as ‘GDF11’, is present in the bloodstream in large quantities when we are young but peters out as we age.

Injecting the blood of virgins to stay young. Things that make you go "hmmmmm?"

Coincidence?

I know that "Vampire Therapy" is a cool and sensationalistic article title that draws in the reader, but it is not about drinking blood, but rather isolating a protein and using it in therapies. It is not new news that, as we age, transcription breaks down and vital proteins are become less in quality and quantity.

It is no more vampiric than blood transfusions or insulin use.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Coincidence?

I think not. I also think this info has been around for a long time in "private clinics." Certainly helps explain yet another motivation behind the human slave trade.

Unthinkable as that may be.

Next step: Synthetic GDF11 for the plebs, continued supply of the real thing for the wealthy.

edit on 5/5/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
ATS? Hullo?

This is an absolutely amazing discovery!

*BUMP*

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Oh great. If this gets out, there wont be a safe child left in the world. I can imagine a future where immortal elites will have a donor child strapped to their back, connected with tubes and wires, like a living dialysis machine. and then discarded when no longer useful.

I do have a wild imagination though

The OP's article goes right to "injecting yourself with the blood of the young". As if this protein gdf11 couldn't be easily synthesized and mass produced. Then you could just have them add it to your morning smoothy.

My godness! You should definetly write sci-fi novels with an imagination like that

-MM

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

"The pratice is not "Witch-craft" my God this is the 21st century, should we burn em at the stake too?"

That's kind of the point I was attempting to make and is exactly why The Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witch Hunts and there like managed to murder, torture and maim so many Woman throughout history, a good percentage of which were Midwives. Point of fact organised religion painted them as witches not me.

Why would we burn them at the stake, especially in this enlightened day of age, when we enjoy such religious freedom?

edit on 5-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
not so pretty as the media wants peeps to believe:

YT: Bill Schnoebelen - Interview with an Ex-Vampire 1 of 9
youtu.be...

a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
blood sacrifices offer the energy to demons... witches now claim abortion is their religious right for the same reason: conjure and use demons for power and bling...

no less than YT: Manly P. Hall - Secret Powers and Why We Should Not Use Them
youtu.be...

says ANY form of magic that is used for self-interest is BLACK MAGIC.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Sounds very Crowley esque if you ask me, not buying any such theory or study, I'd rather eat a big Mac and drink pink slime before even considering such a thing.

edit on 5-5-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

I've always wondered if vampires were real. I used to be super-obsessed with vampires.

Vampires are actually half demon half human as they evolved in the end of the great cycle. .
And they would be classifled as super human comparsion to the new young human race when the new cycle begins. . .

Unbelievable
but the ancient book stated so. . .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join