It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Agree With Vaping? ...Go to Hell! At Least We're Trying!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

I also smoked and chewed for several years quit both cold turkey

My husband and his Father both also quit over 20 years ago, cold turkey. it seems the main thing for my husband was not being around his smoking friends for a while, but cold turkey seems to be the winning way to go.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
As you can see from my post count I hardly ever log in and post.

This thread caused me to.

I smoked over 20 Cigarettes a day for 22 years. I have been tobacco free for just about 4 months.

This was achieved with Vaping. I have gone from 30mg strength down to 10mg in those 4 months, another 6 months or so and I should be nicotine free.

Anyone who disagrees with vaping as a cigarette replacement therapy or as a method to wean yourself off nicotine addiction can (in the words of the op) Go to Hell.

Mu
edit on 5-5-2014 by AncientOfMu1 because: Spelling...oops.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I don't smoke, never have - don't ever claim to be able to understan what it must be like to try to quit and I support those who do 100% good on you for working towards better health.

Having said that, my feeling is the same rules apply to this as do to cigs in general. Go outside. Just move away. Those e-cig, vape, whatever you wanna call doesn't give on license to "smoke" wherever the hell one wants.

Have a little courtesy and you'll get some back.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: jude11

The only issue I have are the people who loc the thing like it is a bong, creating a cloud of smelly stuff that isn't much better than the stench of cigs. It is no different than the redneck in the diesel truck smoking you out at the stop sign.

I also smoked and chewed for several years quit both cold turkey.

Yay for you, so are you better than the rest of us because you quit cold turkey? As for 'the stench as bad as cigs'? Guess again. I vape Fuzzy Navel. It smells like oranges. Do you complain about the smell when someone eats an orange near you? Someone once asked if I had sprayed Orange Air Freshener because it smelled so good.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadySkadi
I don't smoke, never have - don't ever claim to be able to understan what it must be like to try to quit and I support those who do 100% good on you for working towards better health.

Having said that, my feeling is the same rules apply to this as do to cigs in general. Go outside. Just move away. Those e-cig, vape, whatever you wanna call doesn't give on license to "smoke" wherever the hell one wants.

Have a little courtesy and you'll get some back.

It's WATER VAPOR with essence.

No smoke whatsoever. Do you complain when steam rolls out of the shower? Same thing.

So why should I not be allowed to exhale something that smells like apple pie or bubblegum with no harm to you? Is it because you have a preconceived opinion/bias with no knowledge on the subject?

Peace

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I stress courtesy given is courtesy received. What I don't want is to have Joe-Schmo blow vapor of any sort into my face (or space for that matter) but especially in shared space. There is no reason for it other then thoughtlessness and/or entitlement.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I stress courtesy given is courtesy received. What I don't want is to have Joe-Schmo blow vapor of any sort into my face (or space for that matter) but especially in shared space. There is no reason for it other then thoughtlessness and/or entitlement.

Blowing directly in someone's face is rude. I have to agree. Considering I have no intention of walking up to you and leaning in close and blowing vapor in your face, why should I have to go outside? Studies have shown vapor to be ...vapor. Water droplets. Maybe we should ALL just stop breathing inside since breathing out produces water droplets. Yes that means you too. Stop breathing inside. It is shared space. Just admit it. You don't like the 'visual' of vapor that looks like smoke. I don't like it when people wear obnoxious perfume in public but I'm not a weenie, all afraid of everything, and feeling the need to chastise and control others.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

You know, I'm probably just reacting to a really cruddy bus ride (in which I happened to be stuck next to someone doing this very same) and am still quite bugged by it, maybe more then horrific perfume in the air, but maybe not - would probably have a headache either way... Should just go for a hike and shake it off, but dayum, I just don't get the lack of common courtesy in shared, populated spaces. This is just another to the long list and since we're ranting, this is mine.

I think it's spring fever, I need to get out of the city for a bit.

edit on 5-5-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Khaleesi

You know, I'm probably just reacting to a really cruddy bus ride (in which I happened to be stuck next to someone doing this very same) and am still quite bugged by it, maybe more then horrific perfume in the air, but maybe not - would probably have a headache either way... Should just go for a hike and shake it off, but dayum, I just don't get the lack of common courtesy in shared, populated spaces. This is just another to the long list and since we're ranting, this is mine.

I think it's spring fever, I need to get out of the city for a bit.

Okay, I personally would not sit on a bus and blow vapor on my neighbor. That is rude and I feel for you. There is a lack of courtesy. I have to agree. Frankly I was always a polite smoker. I never assumed I could smoke around anyone. I always walked away. Smoking inside? Yeah, I get it. That's a no no. Cigarettes contain approximately 4000 chemicals. Vaping is basically PG (propylene glycol), VG (vegetable glycerine) both of which are used in various breathing treatments, flavors which are also in your food and possibly nicotine. So we are not poisoning the air, but I do agree people should be polite.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I saw "vapors" blowing it in peoples faces around them in public acting like it did nothing to anyone. 90% of smokers are selfish people anyhow because of the addiction, so doesn't surprise me they cling to any selfish form of it to continue doing it.

I hope it gets so prohibitively expensive to do and banned in public.

edit on 5-5-2014 by bimyou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
You're forgetting liquid nicotine...Which nobody who doesn't smoke wants in their face or lungs. I also get the added benefit of getting asthma from it. I'd call that poisoning the air.

originally posted by: Khaleesi
Vaping is basically PG (propylene glycol), VG (vegetable glycerine) both of which are used in various breathing treatments, flavors which are also in your food and possibly nicotine. So we are not poisoning the air, but I do agree people should be polite.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bimyou
You're forgetting liquid nicotine...Which nobody who doesn't smoke wants in their face or lungs. I also get the added benefit of getting asthma from it. I'd call that poisoning the air.

Vaping is basically PG (propylene glycol), VG (vegetable glycerine) both of which are used in various breathing treatments, flavors which are also in your food and possibly nicotine. So we are not poisoning the air, but I do agree people should be polite.

Trying reading it again. I listed nicotine. Oh and guess what? When I inhale my vapor, I absorb the nicotine in my lungs. Since it crosses the blood barrier in my lungs (which just happens to be the quickest way to absorb it) I don't exhale nicotine. I already said I DON"T go around blowing in people's faces and I would consider that rude. Don't judge all vapers by the actions of a few. So smokers/vapers are selfish because they are addicts? I suppose you have no addictions? Caffeine? You never drink coffee or soft drinks? You don't crave sweets of (sugar)? You aren't addicted to the internet or your cell phone. Alcohol? No addictions what so ever? Wow, didn't know the perfect person was in the room.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
For those that have no clue about vaping here is a quick break-down

The main/only ingredients in "E-Juice" are nicotine(sometimes, some juices are 0 nicotine) propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, artificial and natural flavorings, and occasionally (depending on the maker) pure-grain alcohol. (I make E-Juice, and am VERY familiar with the ingredients)

The named ingredients are ALL FDA approved for food use and human consumption.

As a former smoker and current vaper, I can say I do have a respect for the clueless. It looks like smoke therefore it must be, I get that mentality. I don't vape anywhere smoking isn't allowed, and all that vape should respect that. On that note, all of the people that freak out because they see smoke(it's not smoke) need to take what ever calming agent you would prefer the pharmacies to prescribe you and shut up.

The media is quick to draw the sensation that "OUR KIDS ARE SMOKING" to vaping, to demonize it. It's a REEFER-MADNESS campaign in modern times.

What is happening is big pharma and tobacco are being affected directly, and in a big way. The smokers are no longer buying cigarettes, and they also are not seeking over-the-counter methods to relinquish the smoking addiction. That is an end-game for tobacco, and a big hit for pharma.

The MSM medical studies on vaping always turn to "kids are doing it". Guess what, kids are smoking too. They don't ever link actual side-effects to vaping because "it hasn't been studied enough, for long enough". A decade of use isn't enough time to establish the negative effects?

Another common misconception, it is not actually water vapor you inhale/exhale. It is indeed the ingredients I named before, but again they are FDA approved for food use and human consumption. The nicotine contained in the juices also have a 97% absorption rate into the body upon inhaling, meaning at best 3% of the nicotine contained is exhaled. That exhalation is also dissipated nearly instantly since it is actually a vapor(gas) you exhale and not a solid (yes cigarette smoke is an exhaled solid). So the risk of "second-hand vape" would literally only apply if you exhaled into someones mouth as they inhaled.

Cold-turkey fanatics, good for you. Some of us ex-smokers couldn't do it, and without vaping we would still be smoking.

I agree with the go to hell statement simply because what would you prefer we do? Smoke or Vape...
edit on 6-5-2014 by KnowledgeSeeker81 because: forgot nicotine is an ingredient doh

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bimyou

I saw "vapors" blowing it in peoples faces around them in public acting like it did nothing to anyone. 90% of smokers are selfish people anyhow because of the addiction, so doesn't surprise me they cling to any selfish form of it to continue doing it.

What a load of ignorant nonsense

You and those like you are who this thread is aimed at , 90% of smokers are selfish people ? .... really ?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

Great post! I agree with everything you said except about the long term side effects. We actually have more than 70 years of research that proves that vaping is safe, not 10. It really doesn't matter though. 10 years or 70 years, the clueless will remain clueless because they choose to be led by the nose by the media and the government.

Check out this article:

Propylene glycol in e cigarettes might keep us healthy, says researchers

www.news-medical.net...

Notice the FACT that we have studies done as long ago as 1942.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Vaping doesn't help to quit smoking. You just inhale nicotin using a different medium.

If you want to quit just quit.

The only good thing with vaping is that you probably won't get cancer, but you'll still be an addict. Knowing that, it's even harder to quit since vaping is less dangerous, so you don't really have a motivation to quit anymore.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts
Vaping doesn't help to quit smoking. You just inhale nicotin using a different medium.

The only good thing with vaping is that you probably won't get cancer, but you'll still be an addict. Knowing that, it's even harder to quit since vaping is less dangerous, so you don't really have a motivation to quit anymore.

Where is your proof that vaping doesn't help people quit? Most of the people I know that vape start at 12 or 18 mg and slowly lower the levels. Here's an actual article that says the opposite of what you say. AND they have a study to back up the claims!

Dr. Keith Ablow’s E-Cig Study Has Dramatic Results - Predicts e-cigs could be “the most effective anti-tobacco tool we’ve known”

www.cspnet.com...

Out of the 70% who had stopped using tobacco at the end of the study, an additional 47% said they had also stopped using electronic cigarettes, describing themselves as non-smokers. Further suggesting the potential electronic cigarettes might have at curbing tobacco use was the fact that 60% of participants who were still using tobacco products after the 90 day study reported that they had cut back significantly.

So, 47% also eventually quit vaping, disproving you statement.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Where is your proof that vaping doesn't help people quit? Most of the people I know that vape start at 12 or 18 mg and slowly lower the levels. Here's an actual article that says the opposite of what you say. AND they have a study to back up the claims!

Dr. Keith Ablow’s E-Cig Study Has Dramatic Results - Predicts e-cigs could be “the most effective anti-tobacco tool we’ve known”

www.cspnet.com...

Out of the 70% who had stopped using tobacco at the end of the study, an additional 47% said they had also stopped using electronic cigarettes, describing themselves as non-smokers. Further suggesting the potential electronic cigarettes might have at curbing tobacco use was the fact that 60% of participants who were still using tobacco products after the 90 day study reported that they had cut back significantly.

They could achieve exactly the same with cigarettes only. The addictive part is nicotine and is also in the e-cig.

The e-cig is not a factor of success for quitting.

If you manage to quit, good for you, but it's not "thanks" to the e-cig.

I'm not saying e-cig are bad, they are good for public health. But to believe it's easier to quit via vaping is not true.

edit: regarding the study you quote, it was funded by Logic

www.linkedin.com...

You can't seriously cite this as an independent study.
edit on 6-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

www.cspnet.com...

They could achieve exactly the same with cigarettes only. The addictive part is nicotine and is also in the e-cig.

The e-cig is not a factor of success for quitting.

If you manage to quit, good for you, but it's not "thanks" to the e-cig.

I'm not saying e-cig are bad, they are good for public health. But to believe it's easier to quit via vaping is not true.

Achieve exactly the same thing with cigarettes? So you would prefer someone wean themselves off cigs by continuing to use a product that is known to contain over 4000 chemicals? I just gave you the link to a study that disproves your statement an your response is "Nuh uh!" Show me a STUDY to prove your statement.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

Vaping doesn't help to quit smoking

Incorrect , I started vaping 10 months ago and in that time have not smoked any tabacco , I have no intention of smoking tabacco again so I would say that vaping has helped me quit.

Easier said than done , I've tried several times to quit in the past using different methods including cold turkey and none of them worked , thanks to vaping I am now smoke free.

The only good thing with vaping is that you probably won't get cancer ,but you'll still be an addict.

I think you mean your chances of getting cancer are reduced , e-cigs are good but not that good.
When I move on to nicotine free vaping will that still make me a addict ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join