It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Only Way God is Real.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just so not to false advertise, I'm a pretty hard core atheist who LOVES the science vs. religion debate.

Secondly the god I am referencing is not really the Hebrew god. I am more referencing the concept of an omnipotent, all knowing, all seeing creator. Tho if my theory is true. It wouldn't discount the Hebrew god either.

Ok, done with disclaimers. :p

There's one scientific theory on the true nature of the universe that I always hope doesn't come up when debating the religious side.....and it's got nothing to do with creationism or the bible.

The only way I can conceive the reality of a omnipotent god is simulation theory. I might be misrepresenting the real simulation theory, but what I mean is the "matrix" theory. The theory that reality is one big computer program. IMHO this is the one that really makes the most sense and would almost require a programmer. One who had nearly infallible control of his creation. Aka god!

The reason I'm coming to this conclustion is in no way tied to religious texts or religious experiences. It's because of some of the known scientific findings and please correct me if I'm wrong.

1: EVERYTHING is made of energy. Just like 1's and 0's.

2: double slit electron experiment.
The reason electrons act the way they do could be because you wouldn't need to run the program where no one was observing. That's why the electrons don't choose a path untitled some one observes them. There would be no need to run the program for some cave in mars, if no one was looking at or scanning it.

3: (man! I had another good one I can't remember now :p hope to add in edit :p )

The draw back is, it's a very religious theory in the fact it explains EVERYTHING without explianing anything... The programmer did it all and he works in mysterious ways. :p
edit on 4-5-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I once had the thought that an electron jumping orbits, that the path it takes was proof of simulation theory, frightened me for a bit. (The path showed pixelization at the smallest level of the universe)

As the thought that we are all sims running on a computer some where...

I was thinking on how programming accomplishes tasks, and how the recent theory on consciousness as a quantum state that arises from aggregate data. What I came to was what if consciousness, or free will, which is often debated as to if it was real or not. Was simply an illusion that arose through clever use of programming, that Simulation theory is real.

I often argue when encountering an atheist, that you can not prove to me, or at least science can't. That we did not just get turned on right now, pre-set to a list of parameters needed to test. That means everything up to this point, is an illusion of clever programming.

Yet you want to claim or disprove god, its all rather silly.

That programmer, or computer, by definition would be God, at least to us.

Subjectively, would it even matter?

We couldn't do anything about it, we would either have to Trust in what ever it was doing, or sulk in the bleakness of being a sim.
edit on 4-5-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have thought about this before , people ask me "what's the scaryest movie you have watched" Matrix ! Hand's down!
Lol ,because it introduced me to new idea of the origins of life and creation. ..... But than I found Islam and that put life & spirituality into perspective and give me the knowlege to progress spiritually.

Something I have learned while on my quest for spiritual Liberation i have discovered an understanding . this understanding applies to e vry faith or religion.This understanding is that their is in fact a spiritual energy some call it tye "holy spirit" some call it the warm fuzziez , and in islam we call it iman (faith/feeling) and this energy is pure love at the purest forum . When we reach this point of spirtuality we start to see life differently ,we become
More humbly,we understand love and compassion and feeling of right vs wrong becomes more clear . I think every religion holds the keys to this spirtul connection/understanding ,but one has to work /look for it in a sens. And yes you can lose this wonderful feeling by doing negative things and falling from the path that brought you spirtul liberation in the first place (for us in Islam it's prayer ) .

I have walked to the beat of many drums in my life , at one point I didn't believe their was ever a creator. But when I decided to study religion I started gain this spiritual "knowledge" if you will..

Every creation has a creator

Humbly

LSH

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

From my point of view: If you wanna know more about the mysterious ways look up synchronicity. Mysterious ways is the term people use when they do not wanna go further down the rabbit hole.
edit on 4-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The only way God is real is if you start with the basic definitions of God ... omnipresence, omniscience and omnipotence ... and see if the universe meets those definitions ... if it does, then it IS GOD!

Goodluck finding your God!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Something I have learned while on my quest for spiritual Liberation i have discovered an understanding . this understanding applies to e vry faith or religion.This understanding is that their is in fact a spiritual energy some call it tye "holy spirit" some call it the warm fuzziez , and in islam we call it iman (faith/feeling) and this energy is pure love at the purest forum

Can you tell me where the warmth comes in the body?
edit on 4-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

Something I have learned while on my quest for spiritual Liberation i have discovered an understanding . this understanding applies to e vry faith or religion.This understanding is that their is in fact a spiritual energy some call it tye "holy spirit" some call it the warm fuzziez , and in islam we call it iman (faith/feeling) and this energy is pure love at the purest forum

Physically I don't know. When I experience this feeling after prayer it seems to radiat from my core .. But generally my whole body feels good almost euphoric in a sens .

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I love to study patterns: business model patterns; patterns in dreams; patterns in history; patterns of science, etc.

What I have come to believe is that science is a highly structured system of denial about the true nature of the universe and our role in it. Because we live in a somewhat plastic universe (much like modelling clay), the discoveries of science will yield verifiable and repeatable observations and experiments. Science also produces applied technologies as well, which act like lying 'witnesses' to said science.

Science is an endless self-maintaining and ever forward moving unfolding of a lie that meanders in every conceivable direction except a direction leading to any kind of truth.

This is why I have a difficult time trying to comprehend the wishes of atheists or agnostics to have the truth of any concept of a god validated by science.

The capacity for people to personally, individually, collectively and globally summon the notion of a god 'sans science' indicates to me that it is a concept more fundamental and subtle than perception, sensation or intellect. Thus, there is a god by virtue of the notion itself, even if only the god of its own notion.

Evolutionary theory attempts to set a beginning to this notion but that is absurd. No one can ever make a statement that Fred Flintstone was the very first Neanderthal to ever conceive of a god; and then it was supposed to spread like what ...a virus from there? And then they attempt to try to map it out using science, which as I stated earlier, I believe is a system of denial.

So we have the very real, undeniable and persistent notion of a god. Whereupon we hastily run for cover inside the relatively perceived safety and security of the lies of science. Applied technologies are along for the ride as our like-minded beer drinking techno-buddies which validate science as a system for discovering...truth?..but technology is lying to us too!

So good luck validating god using science or technology.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think that nothing exists out of the sight of your eyes, whenever you open your eyes those things around you start to exist. And you are only real thing here - you are here to experience this life.

If you would die in your sleep what would happen?
I'm only 100% sure that I exist here. But when I'm asleep it this life doesn't matter.
In other words we all are god playing this life.

If you would erase your memories over and over to experience everything again and again that would be this life - I think. But then again I think it's a sad thing to do...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

Physically I don't know. When I experience this feeling after prayer it seems to radiat from my core .. But generally my whole body feels good almost euphoric in a sens .

Good for you

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I believe in God. always have, always will.
edit on 4-5-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
One of my favorite ideas on reality as a whole. Once did a video about the subject of the simulation argument. It explains much of the ideas leading up to Nick Bostrom's simulation theory, and the holographic principle (two different things).

But, the video was my best attempt at expelling both concepts quickly and in a way laymen can grasp with little to no work.

MM

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Fellow athiest as well. *I just hate labelling, though. Haha.
Anyway, ya, that blasted double slit electron experiment. I like your theory.

It's a hop skip and a jump from scientology, or other theories:

www.youtube.com...

Anyways...rational contemplation takes one further away from the religious God and closer to a programmer...haha. How deep does this rabbit hole go??

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nephalim

Cool. So...where is this god? What is it? Where does it come from? How does its nature relate to this dimension, or this universe? What are the laws governing its being? Where did those laws come from? What universe did this god originally come from, and where did that universe come from? And last, but not least, where did you get the answers to all of those questions?

It is, of course, your choice as to whether or not you answer.
edit on 4-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The theory of everything seems to follow the technology of the times. In a few hundred years it will evolve into something different than existence in a computer simulation.

I have noticed every theory has an origin. In infinity there is no origin but it can come close.
edit on 4-5-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

God is only ever found in the letters words, sentences and paragraphs of human discourse. Therefor, God is the letters, words and paragraphs that compose the idea of the divine.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally postrd by: Nephalim

Cool. So...where is this god? What is it? Where does it come from? How does its nature relate to this dimension, or this universe? What are the laws governing its being? Where did those laws come from? What universe did this god originally come from, and where did that universe come from? And last, but not least, where did you get the answers to all of those questions?

It is, of course, your choice as to whether or not you answer.

Who are you? Where do you come from? What roll do you play in nature? How far does the universe go?

Can you answer these questions? Only a creator can "fully" answer these questions right? . think about this, every single occurrence that had to have happend since the begaining of time ,LIFE ,DEATH,MORE LIFE,MORE DEATH, just for you to sit and type here at ATS today

One cannot have a spirtul understanding of life and a "creator" if they don't try and understand it... And "understanding it' would require more than what is logical to your current reality..

Every creation has a creator , but know this no mater where you are in life ,no mater how rich ,how big, how small, you will die ..your dying now. Your death will give way to life .. And at death maybe you will have your answers ? That's only if you recognize a creator right?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I don't see how that answers my questions at all.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

God is only ever found in the letters words, sentences and paragraphs of human discourse. Therefor, God is the letters, words and paragraphs that compose the idea of the divine.

And even that is largely inconsistent.

edit on 5-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The stars are made from hydrogen and gravity. So hydrogen and gravity would be the parents or creators of stats. That doesn't equal an omnipotent Hebrew god being real.

Every creation has a creator doesn't mean that creator is intelligent or Devine.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join