It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Performs at 2014 Media Correspondents Dinner

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
For the past 104 years, the sitting President of the United States is given an opportunity to poke fun at the national news media during the Annual National Correspondents Dinner in Washington, D.C.

Here is the video of President Obama's performance. What do you think?

edit on 4-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
You mean the annual opportunity for the sitting president to mock his citizenry by mocking his so called benevolent failures? Hold on....let me see if this one is any different.

ETA: nope more of the same. Couldn't get past 5 minutes but I'm glad they can drink glasses of Cristal while chomping on caviar making jokes at our expense. What's even more funny is people can watch and find it funny, I suppose if you can't laugh at yourself what's the point of living. So with all that said, hahahahahahaha funny #.

edit on 4-5-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

I thought he was funny. There were some actual good lines there.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I thought it was pretty good. I liked the line about unemployment insurance... Something like... "If people want to get paid for not working, they should join Congress, like everyone else. LOL

I thought there were some pretty good zingers.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

It was Ok , but I am waiting for Him to get " Roasted " . To Bad Phillis Diller and Don Rickles are Dead , it would of been a Gas........

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

To Bad Phillis Diller and Don Rickles are Dead

I just saw Rickles on Letterman a few days ago...

Yeah, he's old--88, but still "kickin' ".
edit on 5/4/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Just like any other television appearance, it was full of bad jokes and mockery. What seems funny to some are nightmares for others. How much did WE THE PEOPLE pay for this line of crap?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I didn't see that his jokes were at OUR expense.

The jokes seemed more at the expense of himself, the far right, congress, and FOX News--unless I saw a completely different OP video.

ETA: Unless of course you, Rosinitiate, ARE part of the far right in congress, and work for FOX News.
edit on 5/4/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
These people make me sick and I do not find them the least bit funny. They have ruined real peoples lives and yet they can laugh the way they do. Revolution & arrest warrants is the only way forward.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is probably as unpopular as my sentiment on Obama's jokes, but I thought some of Joel McHale's jokes were pretty good, too.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6

I didn't see that his jokes were at OUR expense.

The jokes seemed more at the expense of himself, the far right, congress, and FOX News--unless I saw a completely different OP video.

ETA: Unless of course you, Rosinitiate, ARE part of the far right in congress, and work for FOX News.

Right, so mocking the failure of the implementation of healthcare.gov and the millions wasted isn't at our expense.....who lost there job over that failure? Probably a promotion. You know they opened a call center in my area for Obamacare funny thing, they have to do everything on paper because the site sucks. But who cares right?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It's offensive , in a "funny" sorta way....I guess.....sigh...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
In this day and age (economy), what a waste of time and money.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
He had me rolling a couple of times there. I don't see the any reason to be upset by this.

I hate the guys policies, and views, but he is damn likeable.

Truth be told,I wasn't to upset the first time he won....shh..I have a right wing reputation to protect...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"Orange really IS the new black". Now that's funny -- I don't care who you are.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ive watched a few of those supers, from clinton, bush jr, and obama, there usually tamed but some can be funny.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I liked Joe Biden's video:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I wonder how much taxpayer money went into his joke writers. But it proves one thing with great certainty, he is a joker. I wish he would give up his day job.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'd rather him do a little physical comedy, pie in his face and such.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

I'd rather him do a little physical comedy, pie in his face and such.

I'd rather see him and Bush smacked in the face with a shoe.

That would be pretty funny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join