It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something interesting happened to me tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
First off, my apologies if I posted in the wrong forum as I thought it's best fit was here. In lieu of the recent postings about how all leo's are horrible people and what not, I would like to take a few minutes to explain what happened to me not even an hour ago. I live in Oklahoma(commonly known as the buckle of the bible belt) reasons for stating that will be obvious soon enough. So, I was sitting at home and being a single male, I decided I'll just go to the little mom & pop gas station and grab a quick bite to eat. Well when I pull into the parking lot I notice they were closed a little earlier than usual so I hopped on highway and proceeded to go to the local QT which is just over a mile and a quarter further down the road from my house when I notice a k-9 unit pass me by and I lose sight of him(because of hill). After topping the hill I see him pull into this little parking lot and I think well he's pulling a u-turn and I pass him but he doesn't go the other way, he slowly speeds up and rides my bumper for a second and then switches to opposite lane and proceeds on. I think he's just checking tags and think nothing else of it until I see him a little further down the road and as soon as I pass him he lights 'em up and of course I pull over. He gets out of his patrol vehicle and approaches my truck and asks that I roll down my window and asks the usual questions and I then tell him that I no longer have insurance and that my license was suspended several years ago so he asks for my full name and d.o.b and goes back to his patrol car(for what seemed like an eternity lol). As he steps out of his car, I'm thinking( yeah I'm going to jail) but when he reached my truck to my surprise, that was not the case at all. He says sir "I'm going to give you a break,it may not seem like I am, but it's the best I can do" and he says I'm only going to write you a summons to appear in court and I'm impounding the vehicle. At this point I'm thinking "Huh?", because by law I should've been going to jail. Not to mention I thought for sure once he noticed all my tattoos and my shaved head and lengthy goatee(something like Scott Ian of Anthrax) I was done in for. But no, and to top all that off he asks me if I had a way to get home and I tell him no and he says "are you sure?" again I said no. He says "alright give me a minute" and unbeknownst to me he was actually calling for back-up and had the responding officer give me a ride home. I just thought I'd share what happened to me tonight just to let all of you guys and gals know that not all leos are out to get you. In fact, the ones I dealt w/ tonight went way out of their way to help me even knowing that I was in the wrong.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DexteramLucifer

Wow That's pretty cool!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

After that wall of text ... I'm wishing he'd taken you in!! LOL

Hey DL ... Sorry to hear they impounded your vehicle. Hope you find a way to get around while you're getting things sorted out.

-Cheers

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Jail for unlicensed driving and no insurance? F**k you are in the wrong country. Last time I got busted I was unregistered, unlicensed, over the alcohol limit, mind you I got done twice in 3 months and got 18 month suspended sentence.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Did you do something illegal to get yourself pulled over?
Or did you just get illegally profiled?
Why did the cop call for another officer to do what he could have easily done himself.
Actually the cop could have called for a tow truck and claimed you were broken down and had your vehicle hauled home.
Too many questions I have in the small space of your feel good story.
...hmmm.
Last question... If not all cops are bad, why don't the good ones do something about the bad??

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

He said he got away with it, not that he was looking for an attorney.. Actually I'll take that back because there is a court hearing.

edit on 2-5-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

You caught a huge break. It does happen. Rarely,but it does.

Where I work we sell Alcohol. Lots of it. Had a customer come in one night.I watched him pull into the parking lot.He never made it into the store. Dude passed out from being piss drunk.Long story short,eventually someone called the cops.. turns out they just took him home without giving him a dui or anything. He was literally passed out,keys in the ignition and everything.

They could've made his life hell.Lots of fines,a DUI etc. But they chose not to.

You got lucky as well.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Why did the cop call for another officer to do what he could have easily done himself.
Actually the cop could have called for a tow truck and claimed you were broken down and had your vehicle hauled home.
...hmmm.
Last question... If not all cops are bad, why don't the good ones do something about the bad??

Take it down a notch. He was just sharing his story.

There's lots of things the cop COULD have done,but didn't.

As I said above,they do give people breaks.

It's really more about how you approach them. But that's for another thread.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
damm your lucky!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Jail for unlicensed driving and no insurance? F**k you are in the wrong country. Last time I got busted I was unregistered, unlicensed, over the alcohol limit, mind you I got done twice in 3 months and got 18 month suspended sentence.

Yes, just for unlicensed driving and no insurance. I'd dare to say I was extremely lucky as he could've easily been having a bad night and had his k-9 companion "hit" on something, making my life really hard.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

What country are you in? I'm interested.

I thought you were talking about the astrological sign Leo for the longest time in your post. Good to know things ended up better than they could have. I would have had a massive anxiety attack if I had been driving without a license or insurance and gotten pulled over.
edit on 02amFri, 02 May 2014 01:04:58 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
...hmmm.

The tags were up-to-date and all lights were operational and working properly so no, technically I had done nothing wrong. But I sure has hell wasn't about to raise my chances of going directly to jail because I wanted to mouth off about how I was doing nothing wrong in the first place. I suspect he called another officer to give me a ride home because he had his k-9 partner with him. Look, it's like this, whatever the reason for the initial contact with the officer, once he verified my information to make sure I was who I said I was and it was made known to said officer that I was indeed driving under a suspended license and w/ no insurance he could've very easily made my life hell but chose not to. And the fact that he even took the time to consider giving me a ride home says a whole lot.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

After that wall of text ... I'm wishing he'd taken you in!! LOL

Hey DL ... Sorry to hear they impounded your vehicle. Hope you find a way to get around while you're getting things sorted out.

-Cheers

My apologies for the wall of text, I was just trying to make sure I got all of the details so as to give a complete picture of what transpired last night. And no, sadly I don't have a way of getting around but I look at it this way: I have the freedom of choosing how to get around from the comfort of my own home instead of trying to figure out how I'm going to get out of jail whilst sitting on a concrete bunk. Which would you choose given the situation? lol

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Aussie, Aussie oi oi

new topics

top topics

join