It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and my son talk about father kicking 6 year old off ramp.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

No its not end of story. To me you sound quite fanatical!

In my book what you have just done with your own child could be construed as child abuse. How dare you put your son at risk from this terrible dangerous man that kicks children off of great heights!!
If this man is so damned awful and dangerous how do you know he's not right at this minute hunting down the man and child who made that video about him?
You have put your son at great risk by making that video, I mean, you did say "This man thinks nothing of child abuse".

If he's dangerous then you've put your child at risk. Correct?

Fanatical!? No...just a really good parent.

Put my son in danger? Hhahaahahah! Are you serious? he is being praised for his intelligence, well spoken views and his wisdom. He is a happy boy for this.

My son in danger? Sure. All kids are in danger as long as careless people with bent views on child abuse are walking this world.

And you think letting a young man speak his mind to the world is child abuse, while defending a man physically abusing his son by kicking him off a 15ft drop is not? Hahahahahahahaha!!!

I can tell you are not a parent...or even clearly thinking.

My son is overly proud of this video. And so am I. And by the comments the video is getting, so are many others.

How many people are proud of you defending child abuse? Go ahead...count them...I will wait.

MM
edit on 1-5-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The way you made the vid repeat, over and over and over, and slowed down over and over and over, to show that nudge, makes you nothing less than a maniac. Not only are you a maniac with nothing else to do, you are raising your child to be the same way. I am "sure" your kid just desperately wanted to talk to you about this? Yea okay. Why don't you discuss pageant babies, child gymnasts that never get menstrual cycles, or maybe, just maybe, something a little more important such as fishing, or gardening, or even building a house or spaceship with your 10 year old son for your next episode?

Hope you are happy that DCF is involved. Now you and your son can get them pushy soccer moms and extreme cheer leader parents next? Unless you have something better to do besides discredit every other parent that doesn't parent the way you do? You made me angry in case I didn't come across that way. Some people throw their children into the pool to learn to swim, some even let their babies play with snakes, who the hell are you to say?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

Mr Mask... First, good job bringing this to my attention, because as viral as this video may be, I had not seen it until just now.

Also, I have to agree with the conclusions reached by yourself, and Miniature Mask (who seems to be a pretty epic mini dude by all accounts). When one is six years old, the last thing one needs is to be kicked off a half pipe. That little fellow could have shattered his coccyx, or had a vertebral injury, not to mention broken and sprained limbs, dislocated joints, and so on. It has to be about the most irresponsible thing I have ever seen a father do on camera.

Now, I know that some men have difficulty expressing their emotions, and others agonise constantly about how much testosterone their son does or does not display, and I think what we have here, is an example of a fellow who not only cannot express his support for his sons ambitions, but is overly concerned about his apparent lack of backbone. I would say, that if one is worried about ones offspring failing to display any backbone, it is unwise to test the rigidity of their spine by inducing them to fall fifteen feet wearing only minimal crash protection equipment.

Pleasure to be reading one of your threads by the way old chap. It's been far too long!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hollie
The way you made the vid repeat, over and over and over, and slowed down over and over and over, to show that nudge, makes you nothing less than a maniac. Not only are you a maniac with nothing else to do, you are raising your child to be the same way. I am "sure" your kid just desperately wanted to talk to you about this? Yea okay. Why don't you discuss pageant babies, child gymnasts that never get menstrual cycles, or maybe, just maybe, something a little more important such as fishing, or gardening, or even building a house or spaceship with your 10 year old son for your next episode?

Hope you are happy that DCF is involved. Now you and your son can get them pushy soccer moms and extreme cheer leader parents next? Unless you have something better to do besides discredit every other parent that doesn't parent the way you do? You made me angry in case I didn't come across that way. Some people throw their children into the pool to learn to swim, some even let their babies play with snakes, who the hell are you to say?

This was physical and mental abuse.

Your entire comment was silly. And very unintellectual.

You think a young man sharing his views with his father about something both feel very serious about is unimportant? That's fine. You think this is like pushing a kid into a pool? that is madness. You think I am manic? I think your views paint a man who is absolutely out of touch with humanity and safety.

Soccer moms? I see you are sexiest as well...

Ya, it shocks me that a 10 year old boy has a better grasp on parenting and safety than you do. Be proud.

As for being happy DCF is involved, I am overly happy. It may just save this child's life. Because it is very very VERY clear that that 6 year old boy's life is in danger as long as his father is abusing him physically in this manner.

Now if the kid snapped his neck or broke his back...would you still call this "soccer mom" ranting?

You got angry? HahahahahahaHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Million of people world wide are PISSED off at this father. You are part of a very very select few who find child abuse to be defendable. Be proud.

Now please, run along and do not procreate. TY!

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

HEY BRIT!!! A pleasure to see you as always.

I agree with you obviously and overly. It is plain to see the father suffers from an insecurity of some sort. Either it is him wording that he may look less manly by raising a child who is not manly enough. Or that he feels he needs a badass son and not one who fears things in a rational and expected way.

Either way, its clear the father decided quickly that the risk of injury (mental or physical) was a small gamble in the face of his desires for a son who can skate at 6 years old.

It bothered me incredibly. It bothered my son incredibly. And I really can not get my head around the idiots and slow-folk who find this behavior to be defendable and acceptable.

I have personally witnessed a 17 year old boy die from a simple fall on the street. I've seen injuries from play fights with gloves. I've seen people break collar bones and wrists just farting around in the back yard.

Whatever drives a maladjusted moron to think a 6 year boy can be safely kicked from a height of 15ft (pads or no) is beyond me.

There are very few people defending this. And not one has come forward showing any form of intelligence beyond ape-like machoism. It surely is sick.

Thanks for the well thought comment and for stopping in to say hi. Good to see you are still kicking butts on ATS and being awesome.

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hollie

The way you made the vid repeat, over and over and over, and slowed down over and over and over, to show that nudge, makes you nothing less than a maniac. Not only are you a maniac with nothing else to do, you are raising your child to be the same way.

Are you serious??????????

I'm speechless!

(post by Hollie removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I'm speechless!

Ya, I am a tad disturbed by his troll-logic myself. He can watch a grown man kick a 6 year old from a 15 ft drop and defend the act as ok. But can call a choice in editing "manic behavior".

Gotta love the human race sometimes...sigh.

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Removed cus comment I was replying to was removed.

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Color me DECIDEDLY ON YOUR SIDE on this one.

I have NEVER approved of that sort of "coaching."

That's dysfunctional, imho.

In terms of who the wimp is . . . I think THE DAD IS THE WIMP.

It seems obvious, to me,

that the Dad has evidently long ago wimped out on being THE SORT OF DAD

THAT SUCCESSFULLY REARS SONS TO MATURE ADULTHOOD.

CONGRATS on your son and his maturity.

To play a common refrain, for me . . . .

HAD the dad been the sort of Dad that sons (and daughters) REQUIRE to become mature healthy adults with strong feelings of worth, resilience, optimism, courage, etc. The son likely would have done fine on his own.

Evidently, the Dad did NOT HAVE WHAT IT TOOK the first 6-8 years of the son's life to WITH AUTHENTIC EMOTIONALLY BONDED HEALTHY AFFECTION AND LAVISH LOVING CARE PERSISTENTLY DAILY COMMUNICATE to the son

that the son was highly valued, cherished; the apple of Dad's eye etc.

THAT kind of fathering produces sons who are courageous and willing to adventurously try new things--even difficult challenging things.

And if they feel afraid or insecure, they are able to solicit proper TRAINING AND MODELING from a GOOD DAD in terms of HOW TO GO ABOUT learning, trying out the new skill or adventure.

Behaving as the 'dad' did seems to me to merely DEMONSTRATE that the Dad felt insecure about the son being a wimp and reflecting badly on the DAD's identity and reputation.

Welllllllllllllll whoooop T do. Clean up your act as a dad, jerk and you won't need to worry about what others think about you because of your son's timidity. Sheesh.

REFS:

REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDER FOR EDUCATORS:

artweidman.wordpress.com...

WIKIPEDIA:
en.wikipedia.org...

DIRECTORY OF SITES:

www.radkid.org...

ATTACHMENT DISORDER IN ADULTS:

www.buzzle.com...

BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT TRAINING FOR THE TREATMENT OF REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDER:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

BEST AUTHOR ON TOPIC:

BONDING AND ATTACHMENT IN MALTREATED CHILDREN: HOW CAN YOU HELP: DR BRUCE PERRY

teacher.scholastic.com...

BO X ATS ATTACHMENT DISORDER THREAD LINK:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: tags

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Ya, I am a tad disturbed by his troll-logic myself. He can watch a grown man kick a 6 year old from a 15 ft drop and defend the act as ok. But can call a choice in editing "manic behavior".

Gotta love the human race sometimes...sigh.

I am disturbed by anyone thinking it's ok. I'm sure if they spoke to that poor little boy, he wouldn't say it's ok. He must be traumatized that his own Father, the man he loves and trusts with all his heart and soul would do such a thing to him. How do you trust someone after such a cruel act? And that poor child must be in pain as well. Have you heard anymore on the case?

Oh and Kudos to you and your sweet, thoughtful and compassionate son for making the video!!!!

edit on 1-5-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

YOUR child is like so many others these day in North America (not saying YOU are from North America) but they are whiny little babies. This fathers method although a touch extreme is GOOD for the kid. Jesus now a days every damn thing is about how to cuddle and protect kids from scrapes and loving everybody. Having moved from the UK to America I notice a massive difference in kids. The ones in the US are such babies!!

NO...your child is soft and needs a wake up call! Kids in the Poland and Russia and Germany are much tougher and those in 3rd world countries are tougher still.

No harm done to that kid. Maybe he will now have NO fear on that ramp!!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The lil whipper snapper in the vid won't ever forget this "lesson" his dad decided to give him. If it was me, I would be planning my revenge for many years to come.

Never had the cojones to drop in on a half pipe half this size when I was a teenager! My brother did.
He broke his coccyx.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
As a new father, I cannot imagine doing this to my son. There's encouraging a child, and there is forcing your will upon a child. What a douche canoe. Is he trying to make his son a world class skater so he can vicariously live through him?! What a jerk. People who mistreat children are the lowest of the low. That kid is 6 freaking years old! Im 25 and use to skate myself ragged and I was always scared of dropping in on half pipes! a reply to: Mr Mask

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Dude, what are you talking about? Great, kids in Russia and Poland and Germany are tough, probably have GREAT relationships with their fathers too. a reply to: projectbane

Wtf?

The kid is obviously not ready for that caliber of skating. Here's an idea, meet me at the skate park of your choosing, then you can show me how well you handle dropping in on pipe that big.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

YOUR child is like so many others these day in North America (not saying YOU are from North America) but they are whiny little babies. This fathers method although a touch extreme is GOOD for the kid. Jesus now a days every damn thing is about how to cuddle and protect kids from scrapes and loving everybody. Having moved from the UK to America I notice a massive difference in kids. The ones in the US are such babies!!

NO...your child is soft and needs a wake up call! Kids in the Poland and Russia and Germany are much tougher and those in 3rd world countries are tougher still.

No harm done to that kid. Maybe he will now have NO fear on that ramp!!

My son takes boxing, protects kids weaker them himself at school, knows right from wrong, can tell you what the Lamda-CDM and all the laws of Thermodynamics since he was 7 years old.

You think my son is weak? Hhaahahahahahah. My son has eaten snakes he cooked himself and living insects.

Weak!? WEAK!!!?

Hhahahahahahaahahah!!! My son could probably teach you a lesson in strength and SURELY teach you enough psychology to learn this behavior is not "good for children".

This is NOT good for children. It is dangerous and can kill children. It can and will also scar children mentally for life. Of course, you think children in Poland and Germany are treated this way. Sir, I am from CT where on every street there are people who were born and raised in Poland. Now I don't know a single Polander who had a father who abuses them physically...you are full of crap.

Calling my son weak because he shows more intelligence and understanding of human psychology and safety than you? Hahahahahaha. Sir...grow up. And learn about children, people and the difference between right and wrong.

Child abuse is wrong.

PS-The abusive father in the vid is a lot like you. A man afraid of weakness so he hurts others in attempt to achieve strength. No sir...people like you are not strong for abusing children. The real strength of any individual comes in the forms of wisdom, intelligence, empathy and love.

MM
edit on 2-5-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I am disturbed by anyone thinking it's ok. I'm sure if they spoke to that poor little boy, he wouldn't say it's ok. He must be traumatized that his own Father, the man he loves and trusts with all his heart and soul would do such a thing to him. How do you trust someone after such a cruel act? And that poor child must be in pain as well. Have you heard anymore on the case?

Oh and Kudos to you and your sweet, thoughtful and compassionate son for making the video!!!!

There has no been any word on the investigation taking place right now on the father, but seeing as just patting a kid on the butt for doing wrong is considered "abuse" these days, I do not see how this genuine attack on this 6 year old can be ignored.

People world wide are outraged and I am sure the father feels horrible. Sadly, if he was not caught doing this, I feel safe thinking the father would never have retreated this a portion as much as he does now (if at all).

And thank you for calling my son thoughtful and compassionate. Those are too things we teach in my home with full force. And we didn't have to kick him into it at all.

MM

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyFlatulence
The lil whipper snapper in the vid won't ever forget this "lesson" his dad decided to give him. If it was me, I would be planning my revenge for many years to come.

Never had the cojones to drop in on a half pipe half this size when I was a teenager! My brother did.
He broke his coccyx.

Exactly. I've seen grown teens break bones skating "willingly" on flat ground dozens of times. I grew up with skaters and anyone who has done so has seen many injuries. its a dangerous sport and even older kids get hurt very often.

How can anyone kick a 6 year old off a 15ft vert!? Its insane. Total madness.

MM

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
As a new father, I cannot imagine doing this to my son. There's encouraging a child, and there is forcing your will upon a child. What a douche canoe. Is he trying to make his son a world class skater so he can vicariously live through him?! What a jerk. People who mistreat children are the lowest of the low. That kid is 6 freaking years old! Im 25 and use to skate myself ragged and I was always scared of dropping in on half pipes! a reply to: Mr Mask

FIRST OFF- congrats on the new baby!!! Welcome to the dad club if you are a new member, if not- well congrats on re-hewing your membership with the new child! I know you must be proud and stressed all over the place!

Secondly..."douche canoe". HhahahaahahahAHAHA!!!

And lastly- Yes. i agree. This is most likely a father who is more concerned with his kid making HIM look good than anything else. Vicariously living through his son by force. Its a damn shame that kid had to have his life risked in this manner just so the father could learn lesson in parenting and humanity. Hopefully the lesson landed better than the child did.

MM

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join