It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You dont get paid with money, you get paid with time!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Watched this the other night (Movie - Fair game). Certainly got me thinking!
At birth every new born is fitted with a clock. Each persons clock is displayed on their arm.

Because the average human starts to age when they are 25 their clock starts ticking down when they reach 25.
The amount of time on their clock when it starts to tick (when they reach 25) is very low, about a year or two!

Go to work and you get paid with time and its added to your clock.
Buy some food and you pay by placing your wrist on a device that takes some of your time.
Get on a bus and you pay with some of your time, buy a coffee and you pay with some of your time.

People can transfer time between themselves by touching their wrists together.
People bank most of their time because its dangerous to walk about with too much time on their clock because they'll get mugged!

Time has replaced money! But when your broke, you dont become homless and hungry, you simply drop dead because the time on your clock is how long you've got left to live!

The system was invented for population control, but it becomes obvious to some how unfair it is because the elite can live forever by controlling how much time is in circulation and by inflation. The rich have a saying "Many must die so that a few can be immortal"

I wont say anymore about the movie as it's a good watch.

Do you think it could ever come to this?

ETA: Dont know why it shows that picture, its not part of the movie!

edit on 30-4-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't really have anything to say about the movie itself, as I've never even heard of it, but it got me thinking about something...What if science becomes so advanced that it can physically regenerate the cells that cause the aging process? The vast population that will result will leave everyone else with a problem. If all of these people cannot be supported, or support themselves, then something must be done. Is it possible that at some point in the future the government will have to start eliminating people?

It sounds far-fetched now, but something like this could very well happen. I suppose that perhaps they could simply not allow certain people to stop the process of aging, but that too seems like a difficult choice, although not as bad as outright killing someone. It is something to think about at least.

But science would have to be extremely advanced to be able to predict exactly how long a person had left to live, unless the clock was fitted with a device that actually killed the person when their time ran out.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
"In Time" is the name of the movie.

Not sure if it was called Fair Game in other countries, but,here in the U.S. It is called "In Time."

Decent movie tho...interesting premise...although I wouldn't like it in real life.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I really liked that movie ALOT.. Mainly because it seemed possible somehow. When over-population reaches a point when we can´t feed all who knows if they start paying time instead of money. They will propably charge the air we breath too just to be sure most of us remain poor.. what a terrible future !

In here it was called " In Time " too.. Justin Timberlake even played well on that ( i was suspicious about him .. grins )
edit on 30-4-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
I don't really have anything to say about the movie itself, as I've never even heard of it, but it got me thinking about something...What if science becomes so advanced that it can physically regenerate the cells that cause the aging process? The vast population that will result will leave everyone else with a problem. If all of these people cannot be supported, or support themselves, then something must be done. Is it possible that at some point in the future the government will have to start eliminating people?

It sounds far-fetched now, but something like this could very well happen. I suppose that perhaps they could simply not allow certain people to stop the process of aging, but that too seems like a difficult choice, although not as bad as outright killing someone. It is something to think about at least.

But science would have to be extremely advanced to be able to predict exactly how long a person had left to live, unless the clock was fitted with a device that actually killed the person when their time ran out.

What you are pondering is exactly what the movie is about. Sit back and watch it

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTheScribe
"In Time" is the name of the movie.

Not sure if it was called Fair Game in other countries, but,here in the U.S. It is called "In Time."

Decent movie tho...interesting premise...although I wouldn't like it in real life.

AH! Thanks for that. On the tube its Title is Fair game.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

That reminds me of the microchip RFID that everyone will get by 2016, because of ObamaCare aka (ACA). There will be no way out of this folks. If you are sick with cancer or ill with no hope of recovery bingo your dead.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Ya I can attest to the 'In Time" title.
No homo but I could tell that was JT's arm instantly
great movie tho, and I would say we are already there, we are all on borrowed time

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: The only 1 who knows the

How are they going to force everyone to get that by 2016...
They barely managed the roll out.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: The only 1 who knows the

How are they going to force everyone to get that by 2016...
They barely managed the roll out.

And I dont think RFID is anywhere near as secure as they'd have us believe, so dont think it'll be any time soon.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I personally don’t think over population is an issue. There isn’t truly such a premise. The issues lie in the management and manipulation of resources/food. If we were serious about global warming and feeding people, then the commercial meat industry would be shut down entirely and all of that land replaced with crops. That won’t happen any time soon.

Getting paid in time would overtly reduce the population to a bunch of slaves - work or die. Who’d stand for that? Life really doesn’t need to be so complicated and depressing, it really doesn’t.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That's a very interesting concept.
No wonder "time is money"!

top topics

join