It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some UFO Pics

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Did you get a chance to look at the exif data to see what the exposure time was in the EXIF? The information posted on page 1 said up to 2 seconds, but I'd be interested in knowing the actual exposure time in the Exif if it's not too much trouble, whether it's the full 2 seconds, or 1.5 seconds, or whatever.

I have my own exif viewer application but if you don't it looks like this site might give you the exif data pretty easily, though I haven't tried it:

exifdata.com...

Also Stellarium is a great application to plug in your location and look at the exact time and direction to see if Venus was even visible at the time you took the photos. If Stellarium says Venus was nowhere in sight at that time, then it wasn't Venus; it's pretty accurate.

www.stellarium.org...

Or if you have a smartphone you can get apps similar to stellarium right on the smartphone. Those look pretty useful but my smartphone isn't new enough for them.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

The date is incorrect, but apparently there was a 2 second exposure...effectively rendering these shots useless. I will still say this was not Venus until I'm blue in the face.
here is the data.
exifdata.com...
edit on 30-4-2014 by skunkape23 because: added info

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I will see if these can be duplicated by photographing Venus

All you need a light source which Venus reflecting the suns light is, so yes you can duplicate this with any light source, a long exposure and some movement when taking the pic.

but I hold fast to my assertion that this was not Venus.

Can you say why?

but it would appear that there is no real way of proving otherwise.

Yes there is, however your guessing of the time and direction make it so there is no real way proving otherwise.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thanks. I guess the date is incorrect because you have it set incorrectly in the camera? Or is there another reason?

By the way I can't see that data, it appears only for you. If you wanted to share any of that I suppose you'd have to copy/paste whatever you wanted to share but the only other really relevant info would be the date and time, and if that's wrong I suppose it's not too helpful without being corrected.

Even if the date is set incorrectly in the camera, if you really wanted to check whether it could be Venus or not, you could take the incorrect date/time in the camera, figure out the offset to the correct present date and time, and apply that correction factor to the EXIF date and time to get the correct date and time of the photo, if you don't remember it.

Then you could enter the corrected date and time in Stellarium, and see what the sky looks like in that direction at that time. I'm not saying it's Venus, but that is how you could make a more definitive determination about that possibility, if you wanted to, I think.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Thanks. I guess the date is incorrect because you have it set incorrectly in the camera? Or is there another reason?

By the way I can't see that data, it appears only for you. If you wanted to share any of that I suppose you'd have to copy/paste whatever you wanted to share but the only other really relevant info would be the date and time, and if that's wrong I suppose it's not too helpful without being corrected.

Even if the date is set incorrectly in the camera, if you really wanted to check whether it could be Venus or not, you could take the incorrect date/time in the camera, figure out the offset to the correct present date and time, and apply that correction factor to the EXIF date and time to get the correct date and time of the photo, if you don't remember it.

Then you could enter the corrected date and time in Stellarium, and see what the sky looks like in that direction at that time. I'm not saying it's Venus, but that is how you could make a more definitive determination about that possibility, if you wanted to, I think.

Great suggestion

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
The object in these photographs appeared to me as an oddly large flickering light that changed position instantly. I did not observe the streaking that appears. If that is camera artifacts, I would like to see it duplicated. These remind me of the Stephensville photos. All I can say is that this was no planet, or star, or conventional aircraft. This was taken in Texas hill country. I have a hunch that this is some sort of electrical phenomenon generated by the quartz rich geology. I have seen similar things more than a few times. I would appreciate any thoughtful analysis of what I have captured shots of here. I promise I am not trying to propagate any sort of hoax or get any special attention.
s1295.photobucket.com...

Well to me they look like a typical long exposure ie a reasonable fraction of a second so the object is not moving like that the camera is!

As usual no exif data attached which would give the exposure details !!!!

Just saw post above re 1.5 - 2 second exposures so camera movement!!!
edit on 30-4-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

Complete BS,

You will be used to that after all YOU claimed you and your family can see lights in the shy at will, yet when asked for PHOTOGRAPHIC OR VIDEO proof what was your excuse again oh yes they would never come back

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Well this is the exif data for the second image.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Well this is the exif data for the second image.

All the pictures had the same exposure details.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Cool, I don't know how you did that though, because when I downloaded them from the OP photobucket source or the ATS embeds I didn't see any exposure time in the exif. I figured that ATS and photobucket were probably stripping the EXIF.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I really do appreciate the analysis and criticism that has been posted. I assure you that what I photographed was out of the ordinary. I also understand now that these photos are useless as evidence. I will not post again in regards to this subject unless I have something more solid to present. Now go do something good. Call your mom or give a stranger a hug.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join