It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not JUST a Godzilla movie.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Gojira!!!!

Can't wait for this...

Whoever said the 98 movie??? Seriously.... just no.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: benrl

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

This Godzilla has not yet been released, so perhaps you should wait and see what the movie is actually like before you thumb your nose at my tastes.

I saw that steaming pile you refereed to as a "pretty sweet popcorn flick", it set the bar so low for a Godzilla movie that anything this one does could only be better.

Seems to me like everyone is always setting the bar just a few feet above the clouds. It's also interesting to note that every person who is dissatisfied with a film has also never written, directed, or produced a major film production in their life. Kinda reflects the appreciation they have for the effort it takes to adapt what amounts to (in some cases) 50 years worth of material and ensure that all the critical elements are still clearly visible and situated appropriately. I can't imagine the headache it takes to tell a story that big without missing something.

I guess I'm willing to grant a little slack, on those grounds.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Gojira!!!!

Can't wait for this...

Whoever said the 98 movie??? Seriously.... just no.

Sorry. I guess there wasn't enough mangled limbs and blood spatters to satisfy some audiences. I am sincerely confused as to what you wanted from a Godzilla movie that wasn't provided - besides the mangled limbs and blood spatters, I mean. It sounds as though people want Godzilla to get personal, brutal, and utterly terrifying.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
CANNOT WAIT!!!

When I first heard there were other monsters I had my fingers crossed for Rodan. I'm still not sure what that other thing is though.

On a side note, anyone who grew up with Godzilla probably also grew up with the old Classic Universal monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, etc). I've heard there's a project in the works to create a cinimatic universe similar to Marvel that features them. Can you say Frankenstein vs Wolman?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
OH HELL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Woop Woop
a reply to: benrl

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Sorry. I guess there wasn't enough mangled limbs and blood spatters to satisfy some audiences. I am sincerely confused as to what you wanted from a Godzilla movie that wasn't provided - besides the mangled limbs and blood spatters, I mean. It sounds as though people want Godzilla to get personal, brutal, and utterly terrifying.

What is RIGHT with it? Broderick is terrible as is almost all of the acting, it's cliched, schlocky, cheesy hollywood generic crap.
It's not a Godzilla movie, just a movie that they tacked Godzilla onto... It's boring, Godzilla runs away and stuff.
It was one of the most bland movies of that period...
The visuals and effects were great for sure but the story, acting and atmosphere of the movie were lacking and bland.

I don't want blood, guts and gore... I want atmosphere, tension, terror and excitement.

I think the new movie looks like it may bring that.

You know it's been a long time since I saw it, maybe I'll revisit before the new movie comes out.
Maybe it''ll be better?
edit on 30/4/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

The last movie was a Roland Emerich film. Enough said. All hype, lots of special effects and little else. The same can be said for all of his end of the world movies.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Two Words: King Ghidora!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

No the last one was Godzilla 2000 that one was awesome. Loved It!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Breaking Badzilla.

Sorry, had to be the first to say it.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I made a new Godzilla Dubstep track, Check it out!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
OMG OMG OMG just watched the newest trailer!!!!!! gah Oh Oh, They say hes got to go.... go go Godzilla!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FarzadEghlima

Nice!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
my guess, from seeing the trailers, is that Godzilla will start as the antagonist and then save us from the other critters, just my guess,

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl I remember Godzilla's little kid always blowing smoke rings. It didn't matter how hard he tried ..............smoke ring. Can you say Rodan.

edit on 30-4-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I couldn't tell you. All I know is that everyone wants to complain, but no one wants to do it better. Until now. And unless someone here wants to 'fess up, I don't believe anyone on these forums is responsible for, or in any way participated in, the making of the new Godzilla film?

I'm tired of people today.

edit on 30-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

No offense but basically what you're saying is that if you can't skate then you have no business judging your local hockey team.

That doesn't fly, fans pay for the tickets and if some director does a crap job at making a movie then he should be called out, regardless of whether or not the ticket holder knows how to use a camera.

If your given the tools to make a movie, ie equipment cast and budget, and you don't deliver then to put it mildly you suck.

edit on 30-4-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
a reply to: AfterInfinity

No offense but basically what you're saying is that if you can't skate then you have no business judging your local hockey team.

That doesn't fly, fans pay for the tickets and if some director does a crap job at making a movie then he should be called out, regardless of whether or not the ticket holder knows how to use a camera.

If your given the tools to make a movie, ie equipment cast and budget, and you don't deliver then to put it mildly you suck.

That's exactly what I'm saying. If your local hockey team sucks and you know so much about what they are doing wrong, then get off your tuckus and go teach them! Personally, I feel criticism best comes from experience, and if you've never directed a movie, then how do you know what works, what doesn't, and why? From what experience are you saying that scene could have been shot better, that angle doesn't work as well as the other, the lighting should have been adjusted, the lines too corny, the makeup too hastily applied, the actors not sincere enough, the special effects too dramatic and elaborate, or whatever you wanna pick out? By what experience do you know that your taste in editing, producing, directing, recording, composing, etc would be enough to make any more money than the 1998 Godzilla did?

Just sayin'.

edit on 30-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well, they'll never recapture the pure, campy, weirdness of the Jap originals... looks like they're going bas-add this time and that's cool... but as someone else mentioned, without the two tiny chicks singing to Mothera it'll just be another remake.

I even loved that ominous, grotesque monster march music they always played as he smashed through the cardboard sets. And how cool was the lightening flickering on his spikes when he let loose... heh.

I remember as a kid fantasizing about stomping through the grocery store, jetting fire and demolishing all the jaded, boring adults.... Aaaaaarrrrrroooooo-ruuuuh!

And Gamara... and what was the three headed dude called? But mostly I remember my mom passing by one Saturday morning as I sat, enraptured... and she said, "Wow, those Japanese do some weird drugs..." and walked away bewildered... anything that bothered mom had to be cool.

And with Cranston, a meaner, more biological looking God and an updated, resonant roar, this just might be worth catching in theaters... I hope.
edit on 4/30/2014 by Baddogma because: re

edit on 4/30/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Man I can't wait. If there is one movie I have to see at the theater this year, it is this one. I saw every movie as a kid. They were by far my favorite movies back then. I used to beg my grandma to let me stay up til midnight or 1am to watch Sammy Terry and Godzilla movies. I remember how incredibly excited i was, with butterflies in my stomach every time when it came to 2 or 3 minutes before the hour and they said 'NEXT on channel so&so' HHHHOOOOOOOAHHHHHHH GODZILLAAAAAA

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join