It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not JUST a Godzilla movie.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

hah just wait till we wake up in the near future and see that the new Godzilla is getting like 5% tomatometer rating!

-Wont happen lol, the acting actually looks pretty good

I'll predict mid eighties, hopefully 90s

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
hmmm...it wasn't as big as I thought

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I look forward to seeing this movie, I am a life long Zilla Head. Brodericks version sucked Monkey Chunks.
I have had my avatar pics since joining ATS
edit on 2-5-2014 by Oldsguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Not a huge Godzilla fan but seen a few when I was little. Born in the early nineties so kinda before my time and never was interested enough to go back to watch them. I do remember his kid blowing the smoke rings though lol. I saw the Broderick one and thought it was decent. Worth a watch if nothing else is on and your too lazy to go do anything.

I'll be seeing this new one for sure though. Looks like one of the few movies coming out worth the price of going to the theatre.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Now, if there's ever a sequel? Please please please let him fight King Kong! That would be boss.

Yes, but who would win? The original King Kong vs Godzilla had two distinct endings. In the Japanese version Godzilla was victorious and in the American it was King Kong.

In this world of polical correctness would they end in a tie? Or would they joing forces and trample North Korea?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Ahh this debate... The original King Kong was about 50 ft tall or in that neighborhood, meal size for Godzirra.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomaSempre

Yes, but who would win? The original King Kong vs Godzilla had two distinct endings. In the Japanese version Godzilla was victorious and in the American it was King Kong.

Ohhh.. wait, wait! I think I remember Svengoolie saying something about that, when he aired Kong Vs Godzilla!
Glad you reminded me of that, good point.

Ummm.. I'll bet on Godzilla.

edit on 2-5-2014 by Sunspark because: clarifying a thought

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
looks like a 3rd person version of Cloverfield . If that's the case I will LOVE it! because I loved Cloverfield.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
i hope its like Godzilla 1985 that i grew up on. loved that movie, always made me sad when he fell in the volcano at the end

i vaguely remember seeing Godzilla 2000 in theaters. if i remember right it was pretty awesome.

i actually have a rubber Godzilla figure on my computer desk right now lol
edit on 2-5-2014 by madmark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
thank you for bringing this to ATS..

..catch me posted up in my room for the next 2 weeks playing img.gamefaqs.net...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
... what was the three headed dude called?

Isn't that The Creature from Planet X?

As for the discussion here, yes, the previews make this look like a good 'zilla flick with atmosphere, terror and tension, without a lick of camp. HOWEVER, those images of Mothra look mighty cheesy. And that Gozilla movie with Mathew Broderick and Jean Reno was heinous.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

Yes, he was from Planet X, also known as King Ghidorah. He was one of my favorites. Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, Biollante and Gigan were my favorite Toho Monsters.

I can't wait for the new movie. No matter how good or bad it will be, it will still be AWESOME in my book.

edit on 5 4 2014 by SgtHamsandwich because: I can't spell.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'v been SOOOOOOO stoked for this!!!!!!! OMG it looks like it's gunna be sick!
The scene in one of the trailers where the militry is parachuting out of the chopper, and the ground starts moving below them...

My dad loved the old Godzilla VS. movies and would always show my sister and I when we were young. My mom hated them, but we all loved them. Mothra was one of my favorites.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Exactly!!

It's Godzilla, for cryin' out loud. At the very least, it'll be good just because of that alone.

The trailers look promising...for what ever that's worth.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reviews are starting to trickle in! Looking good!

He’s terrifying and yet you’re on his side to kick the MUTOs arse. He’s massive, and his ridiculous size is totally believable: every step, every roar, every movement carries so much weight. His roar is sooo loud, I was watching this in a screen with a Dolby sound system and it shook the room, literally. if this doesn’t win an Oscar for sound design I’ll be surprised!

Follow Just caught a screening of #Godzilla it's even bigger and better than expected. Visually stunning and a Must see! @Legendary is legendary!

yay!

screenrant.com...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Godzilla trending at 90% on Rotten Tomatoes..

www.rottentomatoes.com...

YAY!

edit on 11-5-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Omg go see this today!

#eargasm
#geekgasm

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I just went to watch Godzilla............OMG!! I have never been so scared and on edge since watching Jaws for the first time! I think being 3D also makes it more.......scary!

Great storyline with a hint of conspiracy there, excellent visual effects and a non predictable ending.
If you have enjoyed the other Godzillas, go watch this one.
I loved it!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I watched Godzilla today.

Actually went to the wrong theatre and watched the first half of the Rosie Odonnell Story before I realized my mistake.

Seriously?

Go see it.

It was a lot of fun.

One spoiler alert.

(A city gets destroyed)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join