It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Wants Action, But U.S. Sends Hashtags Instead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: oblvion

America shouldn't be getting involved at all because it's none of our business. It's time these nations start handling their own problems we are broke and our military is worn out thanks to the world police nonsense it is time we step out of the picture.

Yes because it is much better to watch and actual travesty we could stop with little actual effort. We call his bluff he will flinch. He is not going to cause WW3 just so he can be a bully to those around him to weak to defend themselves.

You dont give a bully what he wants to try to end the problem, you tell him to go EFF his mother, and then punch the pussy in his face 14 or 15 times.

This method has worked for thousands of years. Bullies are at their core, sissies and they know it, they hide behind bravado so you dont see it.

If we do nothing, the blood of thousands of innocents will be on our hands. We can stop this, we should stop this.

If we dont....well the world maps will be redrawn, as Russia takes Ukraine, then the rest of eastern EU.

It is simple, learn from history, stop the problem when it is small with little actual effort or los of life, or wait until it is out of control, and millions must die to end it.

I was a math major in college, millions of lives lost, is way more than a few.

If you so willing for America to go to war over the Ukraine if it does come to that you will of course be willing to sign up and go fight. And the blood will be on our hands is just ignorance the blood is always on the hands of the people doing the killing.

I already did serve my time in the US ARMY BTW, 6 years in combat arms. I am not like your dear leader and send people to their deaths without ever having served or sacrificed myself.

I know what the consequences of these actions are, I know what it costs, in blood and lost lives......

I dont want this, I didnt ask for it. It is what it is though.

We dont live in a magic world of rainbows and unicorns, we live in a hostile world, full of danger and death, we can either accept this and do the best we can to preserve as many lives as possible, or we can wait, and then factors more will die, quite badly, and we will have to spend many more times more lives to stop it all over again.

Is this present situation not following the exact same pattern as so many others before it?

What happens when we appease a tyrant?

They continue without end until forced to stop.

We will have to get involved at some point no matter what, we do it now with few lives lost and little treasure spent, or we do it later, with many lives lost and much treasure spent.

What seems more reasonable to you?

This isnt fantasy land, this is real life. You deluded dem dreams of peace and harmony only exist in your head. Nature and the nature of men could care less about your idiotic utopian dreams.

People are greedy, they steal and kill, they do bad things, this is a fact without question.

Only those that have the courage to stop them from running rough shod over the world have kept these parasites at bay this long.

Are you blind or lacking reading comprehension skills? I ask this, because all of these same things have happened throughout mans history many times, this is following the exact same pattern, and your ignoring what you were taught in HS obviously.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't want to see a single NATO, US or western troops die in Ukraine... That would be a very silly move and no doubt once Russia is on the backfoot and the receiving end of a full strength NATO counter offensive Russia will scream mercy and threat the use of nukes or worst actually be silly enough to use one on a European or US city

The use of force containing and repelling Russia aggression and interference in Ukraine is a silly idea which ever way you look at it, Russia's economy is breaking and there are still so many cards to play, Russia will come out of this looking very bad and in a recession which will go on and on

That's the best and most satisfying option, let the Russians dig there own graves, and the western allies send in more support for Ukraine's government and forces to deal with Russian infiltration, the west hasn't done nearly enough to response to Ukraine's pleads for assistance, mainly because Russia could use it for propaganda to further confuse destabilise the country in the Eastern regions

Russia is wounded, a move into the East militarily would be the final nail in the coffin and the point of no return, let's see what Russia does next
edit on 26-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
The Russian economy is weak to begin with, crushing sanctions would devastate them. However our limp European 'allies' really do not want anything like that as they need to suckle at the Russian energy teat. Our years of coddling and shielding them from the Russian bear have made them as weak and impotent as Dear Leader.

Your first two sentences above contradict themselves.

'Weak European Allies'... You're talking about your founders lmafo.
NATO is the shield between Russia and Europe, USA is an agitator that helps drag the Europeans down.
On your high horse much?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You mean like how sanctions worked on Iran? Sanctions are an act of war and really makes no sense.

They were admittedly working in Iran until Dear Leader reduced them, otherwise why would Iran agree to the 'deal' the White House proposed and they are not adhering to?

Sanctions are a political and economic tool to help prevent war.

You mean provoke.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion
If you served 6 yrs in combat youll surely understand that the Ukraine is a "killing field" for armies.....
Troops sent over there in time for combat wouldn't make a hill of beans against what Russia can field.....
The supposed retreat you brag about would be the wests not Russia....
Other than widening the war to include all Russian targets world wide...the escalation would not be without retribution of the radioactive kind.....
The Syrian situation may be "resolved in a trice" should the war breakout however....so that may be a goal of the bankers we overlook.....
Also Turkey sits across the Black sea...Guarding the Russian Fleet from seeking the open ocean.....with the sixth largest military machine world wide at its disposal, (and a prized member of NATO)....
As the calgarian said the Dnieper looks handy for a demarcation line as well.....I concur.....everyone is getting played here....

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

How were they working Iran was getting supplies from other nations.

Nah, they did nothing:

"The sanctions imposed on the Islamic Republic of Iran have had significant effects on the general population, including an escalation in inflation, a rise in commodities and energy costs, an increase in the rate of unemployment and a shortage of necessary items, including medicine," Ban said in the report. Source

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Did you happen to hear John Kerry's comment about social media on the MSM news?

Please do not insult our intelligence Mr Kerry.

Maybe Secretary Lurch can 'unlike' Putin. That usually makes high school kids very upset.

edit on 26-4-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Umm, last time I check a lot of countries in the EU were doomed. Russia are one of the richest countries in the world. What nail are you talking about?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Utterly unfathomable to think that social media is now being used to start a war.
The new propaganda of the digital age.
We are now supposed to believe everything on social media as the truth are we?

Please do not insult our intelligence Mr Kerry.

Since Putin cut off communications with the white house, maybe twitter is all they have now?

That said, twitter should consider changing their logo from the bird to this for all posts from the US and Russian governments.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingYou
NATO is the shield between Russia and Europe, USA is an agitator that helps drag the Europeans down.

NATO is the United States, occasionally The United Kingdom and the squishy center of Europe that Vlad has wrapped around his energy finger. They would not last two weeks if the United States pulled out of NATO.

On your high horse much?

Always, the view is better up here.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You mean provoke.

Did it provoke war with the Iranians? Did I miss that one?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

This isnt fantasy land, this is real life. You deluded dem dreams of peace and harmony only exist in your head. Nature and the nature of men could care less about your idiotic utopian dreams. People are greedy, they steal and kill, they do bad things, this is a fact without question.

You are a very deluded person. Show me where it says in the constitution that we should go to war against nations that have not attacked America. If you are so bloodthirsty I'm sure the Ukrainians would be more than happy to accept the help of someone with your "vast" experience. Also what happens every time we get involved in another nations dispute and go to war with them. As soon as the fighting is over they tell us to get out of their country. You want to go kill people that have done nothing to America and you say they are the bad ones. Time to lay off the koolaid kid.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

How were they working Iran was getting supplies from other nations.

Nah, they did nothing:

"The sanctions imposed on the Islamic Republic of Iran have had significant effects on the general population, including an escalation in inflation, a rise in commodities and energy costs, an increase in the rate of unemployment and a shortage of necessary items, including medicine," Ban said in the report. Source

Yes it is a form of war against the people of the nation while it affects the people running the nation very little. So what kind of low life wants to hurt innocent people.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You mean provoke.

Iran hasn't started a war in 300 years. Not up to date on world history huh?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You mean provoke.

No because they are allies of Russia who are running PR stunt, showing the world open defiance and disdain for 'Western' stupidity and hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Yes it is a form of war against the people of the nation while it affects the people running the nation very little.

Who should then be overthrowing their oppressive government.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

What? I am not the one who said they were or that we were. Learn to read.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Umm, last time I check a lot of countries in the EU were doomed. Russia are one of the richest countries in the world. What nail are you talking about?

Simply Not True.... Maybe you should check again

Russia economy has already started to crumble and lost many billions, the rubble have been downgraded to JUNK

Russia has a resource based economy meaning it relies on selling its gas and oil, more sanctions will see Russia in a deep recession

Putin is playing roulette and losing big time

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You mean provoke.

None of that means anything

Just because certain country don't have the capacity to do so doesn't mean they don't have aspirations, Iran would t start anything because she wouldn't WIN

When Italy was the Roman Empire she had plenty, same goes for turkey and the Ottoman Empire, Iran and the Persian empire, and today? None right?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Warfare between the world's super powers is now fought economically. They aren't truly interested in ripping each others populations to shreds anymore. The only time it's boots on the ground is against smaller nations, and even then, many times the choice is made for the war to be fought economically.

The Soviet Union was made a piece of history through economic warfare not with combat troops. China rose as a world super power through economic warfare. The United States became a global empire after WW2 through economic warfare.

That's not to say that small proxy wars don't get fought but the real battle between the major players in the world are fought with capital and currency far more than with bullets and boots.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join