It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Wants Action, But U.S. Sends Hashtags Instead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I can fix this problem easy.

Send our guys over there, it would be our first actual good use of troops since the end of WW2.

We arent the bad guys this time. We would be the guys protecting those too weak to defend themselves.

Besides, what could putin do but STFU and quit being a toad, because he sure as hell cant beat us in a fight.

He keeps pulling this crap because we let him, it is just like Hitler at the start of WW2, we keep letting him, he keeps thinking it is ok.

We smack his hand and tell him NO, he will learn a valuable lesson.

Or just do what we normally do, invade and destroy countries and lives for no reason, but sit out all the times we could of actually made a positive difference in this world.

OMG You CANNOT be serious?

The USA failed horribly fighting a bunch of angry muslims running around caves wearing sandals. Trillions of dollars and over a decade of American lives lost in Iraq and Afghanistan alone and you think we stand a chance against Russia?

What part of y our brain allows you to think the world will tolerate another American invasion of yet another country?
How could you be so blind to what the rest of the world already sees-that the real terrorists are American politicians.?!

The world will not be destroyed by a few greedy power hungry monsters... And I say this from the bottom of my heart, it will be destroyed by the ignorant morons such as yourself who propagate death by cheer-leading wars that your coward self would never dare to step foot in!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
I seriously thought oblivion was 14 years old.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
I don't want to see a single NATO, US or western troops die in Ukraine... That would be a very silly move and no doubt once Russia is on the backfoot and the receiving end of a full strength NATO counter offensive Russia will scream mercy and threat the use of nukes or worst actually be silly enough to use one on a European or US city

The use of force containing and repelling Russia aggression and interference in Ukraine is a silly idea which ever way you look at it, Russia's economy is breaking and there are still so many cards to play, Russia will come out of this looking very bad and in a recession which will go on and on

That's the best and most satisfying option, let the Russians dig there own graves, and the western allies send in more support for Ukraine's government and forces to deal with Russian infiltration, the west hasn't done nearly enough to response to Ukraine's pleads for assistance, mainly because Russia could use it for propaganda to further confuse destabilise the country in the Eastern regions

Russia is wounded, a move into the East militarily would be the final nail in the coffin and the point of no return, let's see what Russia does next

I cannot wait to see the look on your faces when this Ukraine crisis causes the USA to lose more face than all of the Bush era disasters combined.

We already look like dumb asses since J Kerry ranted his comments about "invading on false pretenses". We are going to walk out o this with a huge black eye and if we dont pull out soon we will lose most of the little respect the world already has for the USA. Our military is stretched thin. We essentially lost in Iraq and Afghanistan. Thinking we stand a chance against Russia is probably the stupidest thing Americas arrogance and ignorance has drummed up in recent years. Not even Europe is stupid enough to piss of Russia... Yet some of you think we can just go to war when we have no direct benefit from it?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: oblvion

This isnt fantasy land, this is real life. You deluded dem dreams of peace and harmony only exist in your head. Nature and the nature of men could care less about your idiotic utopian dreams. People are greedy, they steal and kill, they do bad things, this is a fact without question.

You are a very deluded person. Show me where it says in the constitution that we should go to war against nations that have not attacked America. If you are so bloodthirsty I'm sure the Ukrainians would be more than happy to accept the help of someone with your "vast" experience. Also what happens every time we get involved in another nations dispute and go to war with them. As soon as the fighting is over they tell us to get out of their country. You want to go kill people that have done nothing to America and you say they are the bad ones. Time to lay off the koolaid kid.

There is something wrong with that kid... Im guessing a an extremist father of some sort. Dont really matter if this father is left or right extremist. His kid (oblvion) is ranting away parroting daddy's hate rhetoric all over internet boards!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
America shouldn't be getting involved at all because it's none of our business. It's time these nations start handling their own problems we are broke and our military is worn out thanks to the world police nonsense it is time we step out of the picture.

No we have plenty to wage war with and plenty of money if Obama and the crooks in Congress would not steal it all for their own wealth and the rape of America by the big banks. If Putin cuts into the Federal Reserves oil cash cow anyway at all then you might see a hot war with Russia.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Karlos

originally posted by: oblvion
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I can fix this problem easy.

Send our guys over there, it would be our first actual good use of troops since the end of WW2.

OMG You CANNOT be serious?

The USA failed horribly fighting a bunch of angry muslims running around caves wearing sandals. Trillions of dollars and over a decade of American lives lost in Iraq and Afghanistan alone and you think we stand a chance against Russia?

Our troops were vastly outnumbered by a massive margin and won every battle so I would like to know where your getting your liberal yap from.

A-stan is the worlds worse place to fight and Pakistan is the whole reason it drug on. Pakistan should have been nuked for the crap they pulled.

Not to mention Obama made ridiculous engagement rules basically tying the hands of our troops. Because he is a Muslim and wants our troops slaughtered.

In a war with Russia their will be no rules and the U.S. would stomp them like a flea until the nukes flew. If they could get any here with what we have.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If europe was smart they wouldve gotten their act together a long time ago, but the corruption runs deep and its covers 2-3 entire generations.

Ukraine will split. Russia will keep crimea, east ukrain will become a pro russian federation and thats the end of it. Nato wont do jack since its pointless, eu needs russian gas and russia needs an eu market for the gas as well, and they know.

US needs to keep military at home and rest/improve them while taking care of a horribly led financial system in the country. Internationally, resort to political venues and some stationed troops in europe, while ending the middle east bs.

As for Nato, i personally am hoping Germany breaks its army limitations agreement as soon as Putin oversteps his bounds, with approval from other nato members in this case. Next to uk and france, try not to laugh, its the only military power in europe thats decent, even after ww2 loss.
edit on 29-4-2014 by buggy166 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

You tell others to "learn from history". I'll tell you what I have learned. Europe has been ablaze in war during the 1700's, 1800's and 1900's exactly because countries waged wars to safeguard their "interests". The US has no interests in the Ukraine while Russian history in the region goes back centuries. The only thing US military intervention will achieve is yet another European war. Fought because an arrogant country believes it has the right to intervene to safeguards its interests.

Not Interested.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
No more American money for Ukraine.
They say Obama donated $5 billion for coup d'etat in Ukraine. That was just waste of money far as I get it! There's real mess there with radical nationalistic elements and regular army opposing militant residents in the East of Ukraine... with many victims and so on and so forth, sort of war.
Current authorities in Kiev are simply not in charge! That's the main thing about Ukraine presently. And I am strongly opposed to any other donations, loans or what to Ukraine. I'd rather let this for EU to meddle into Ukraine to patch up things there and financially support Ukraine which is set to join the EU btw. Ukraine must be their job! It would be more logical imo than our involvement there presently.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join