It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you make friends from ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This question seem quite silly...I just want to know the vibe on here ...
No related with romance ...did you make a penpal or someone you meet in real life here ?
I never clicked the "friend"button on ATS ,but there's some people friended me...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yes, I have made friends here. I haven't met them in real life unfortunately. I have met people from other places that I met online in real life though. I know others on ATS have met in real life and have posted about it. I know that there have been some very strong friendships that have been formed here just from reading their threads.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have. I met a very cool lady here just by chance of a U2U about a post, we became friends after much conversation.

But, as with all e-friends, remember you don't know who you are really talking to in most cases. So be careful if you follow that path.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm I know others on ATS have met in real life and have posted about it. I know that there have been some very strong friendships that have been formed here just from reading their threads.

I feel they occupied the whole thread sometimes ...don't know how to say on there ...

originally posted by: spirit_horse
I have. I met a very cool lady here just by chance of a U2U about a post, we became friends after much conversation.

But, as with all e-friends, remember you don't know who you are really talking to in most cases. So be careful if you follow that path.

If no related with romance ,what should be careful ?
edit on 26-4-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Met one of the nicest people in the world here who has become a dear friend to me and a spiritual brother.

He came across to France from The UK with his wife and we had a wonderful time last year.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

Simple answer is yes. There are a lot of great people here and you are not limited to just threads to make growing friendships. In fact I may go on a road trip to visit one of those friends. He doesn't know yet so shhhh.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

S&F!

I have many friends and associates on ATS who I socialize with on Skype!

As I have a plethora of legitimate ATS accounts, I may be friends with more members than they themselves may realize!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

As I have a plethora of legitimate ATS accounts

Off topic apologies to the OP but why do you have a plethora of accounts.What is the purpose of that? Real question.

OP U2U is your friend. Get to know lots of people that way.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Just marking this thread for later

Short answer............................... Yes very much so

Cody

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I try to keep my Online and my Real life separately. It is for the best.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Simple answer is yes. There are a lot of great people here and you are not limited to just threads to make growing friendships. In fact I may go on a road trip to visit one of those friends. He doesn't know yet so shhhh.

Come on then. I hope you like kimchee and rice.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DietJoke

S&F!

I have many friends and associates on ATS who I socialize with on Skype!

As I have a plethora of legitimate ATS accounts, I may be friends with more members than they themselves may realize!

I think it's waste my time for using many accounts ...

originally posted by: Bassago
OP U2U is your friend. Get to know lots of people that way.

What is U2U?private messages?
edit on 26-4-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

What is U2U?private messages?

Yes. U2U me if you need help.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I've met a couple of members and mods in real life. I prefer not to be friends with any of them or "hang out" ...

Why would I want to do that....I spend way to much time on ATS as it is and the cyber world is much different than
what i experience daily.

I will say that I have people I collaborate on projects with that I met on ATS.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I prefer not to be friends with any of them or "hang out" ...

Everyone knows you're a starch butt Olaru. Lighten up, we all like you.

We're your friends and we're coming to your house to visit and stay a while. Think of us as that stain in you're carpet you just can't get rid of.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
I try to keep my Online and my Real life separately. It is for the best.

I think that's the saddest thing I've read for a long
time. Why if I may ask ?

Cody

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Off topic apologies to the OP but why do you have a plethora of accounts.What is the purpose of that? Real question.

Because I am wise enough to put my eggs in many baskets!

I do NOT partake in any thread with multiple accounts and I abide by the ATS T&C's about 'not talking to oneself' and hence those accounts remain legitimate!

I therefor operate within the rules of ATS!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Hmm...

I wouldn't say I have "made friends" per se but I have certainly met some very cool people! Especially those that are more into the arts side of ATS.

Why haven't you friended anyone candlestick? I find it is a great way to keep track of threads authored by those with which you know you share interests with or even members you habitually enjoy debating.

Feel free to friend me, anyone!

edit on Cam1Saturday3220142030Sat, 26 Apr 2014 01:32:20 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eta

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DietJoke

Because I am wise enough to put my eggs in many baskets!

I do NOT partake in any thread with multiple accounts and I abide by the ATS T&C's about 'not talking to oneself' and hence those accounts remain legitimate!

I therefor operate within the rules of ATS!

I'm not questioning whether you are operating within the rules. I simply see no purpose to multiple accounts and "not having all eggs in one basket" doesn't really answer the question. If there is a valid reason for this I'd love to know. Thanks.

Again sorry OP for off topic. Friend some people, you'll be happy you did. Send them a message why, most folks here are very open.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I have sent you a u2u!

@ Everybody ...

I recommend using the ATS chat functionality to engage the ATS membership directly in a real time environment during any of the ATS Radio shows held throughout the week at regular timeslots.

Many of my ATS friends were gained in such a manner!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join