It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can make contact with our Creator!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
a reply to: Maigret

Ask someone else then. You're pulling your ideas out of nowhere! Trolling?
I was asking earlier something about a claim that you made in your OP that:

you can't ‘dress yourself up’ for the occasion.

I was asking if the parable doesn't apply of the man who shows up at the wedding banquet without his wedding party clothes.
Your reply was that Revelation says they will be given to you.
I don't think that is an explanation for the meaning of the parable and that you are just deflecting, having no real support for your original claim other than some sort of cult ideology of feel good as you go to your destruction.

My remark about you can't 'dress up for the occasion' was not about that parable. You're the one who made that assumption.

My original point was about receiving God as you are. It is about things that God does NOT require of you, such as 'dressing up' for the situation, or showering before you pray, or being in church.

It IS about sometimes you can be in the worst possible place for an epiphany or communication from Him, where you wouldn't expect to receive one. Such as being in the middle of a sweaty workout, or crossing the street, or having a tooth pulled.
edit on 27/4/2014 by Maigret because: Edit

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If I was being smug or proud, God would slap me down hard and fast! If this is all you're reading out of my posts, you're the one with the problem.
That's about as good an argument as saying, "If I am lying, may God strike me down!".
I think that you have been enticed by a cult trap that uses a feeling of superiority to lure in their prey, with the promise of special knowledge that only the most intelligent people can get, the "real name of God and the Son".

Yeah, right! And the fishermen / Apostles / disciples all had theology degrees... And they also held high positions in the synagogue... And they were rich and famous too. Oh, and they lived in huge mansions, - and of course, ate off the fat of the land.

What cult? Your assumptions are BS.

Your BS assumptions are also that I am smug, feel superior, and think I'm intelligent. Re-read my sarcastic first sentence here, and hopefully, you'll get to realise, that I am merely sharing unique information - it's NOT about me!

God said He 'would use the foolish of the world to overturn the wisdom of the wise' - so guess what that makes me!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Started out great but the part where you deny the son and the holy spirit is bogus. FAITH is the methoed to open the communication channels with the creator. First you need faith to believe is something not proven to most. It is as simple as that. Picture your faith as a ladder that extends further the more energy you put into it. The trinity is real and many other lesser trinity's guide our lives too. there are even negitive trinity's. It truely is doing a disservice to yourself to deny this.

Where did I 'deny the son and the holy spirit'? (I'm curious, because I don't believe this is what I said, and I know it's not what I meant.) Or do you mean I'm denouncing the traditional view of the Son and the Holy Spirit, which IS correct?

One of the first lessons God taught me was the Trinity is false. You can take or leave that piece of information; that's entirely up to you.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Maigret
The LORD God of the Old Testament and God the Father of the New Testament are one and the same -

I highly doubt that. The 'god' of the Old Testament looks to mostly be human made up, mean, blood thirsty and craven. The God of the New Testament is mercy and love. They look like two totally different 'gods' to me.

God has a Covenant with mankind of the Ten Commandments.

ATS Thread - 10 Commandments Doctrine of Men
Some information for you on where the 10 Commandments really came from.

There are festival Sabbaths to be observed in the holy days, as well as the weekly Sabbath every Saturday.

Lemme' guess .... 7th Day Adventist, right? Ya'll think that if people have as their main day of worship any day other than Saturday, then they are going to hell because they aren't following 'God's Law'. Right?

Yeah ... good luck with that. I think you are in for a surprise when you die and see that the real God isn't a legalistic mess like the Old Testament makes Him look like, and you'll really be in for a surprise when you see that a whole lotta' people who you thought were lost actually 'made it' to Heaven.

My previous reply to you was dealing with your guess that I am a 7th Day Adventist - which I'm not, but to answer the rest of your response.

God's main characteristic, if I can put it like that, is LOVE! But if you piss Him off, then you're dealing with a whole other side of Him! I've had personal experience of this and believe me, ' fear of the LORDD is the beginning of wisdom'!

I've read your interesting post on the Ten Commandments, and although I can't explain it, I do KNOW that the Ten Commandments are the basis of the Covenant between God and mankind, and are still mightily important to Him.

Maybe He had a previous covenant with the Egyptians, because intriguingly there is a Biblical reference in Isaiah 19:25 'Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, "Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance".' (This may also be something to do with the mysterious Melchizedek, who obviously did mighty work in his own time?)

As to the name of the Son, I only know God said to me that the name of His Son is NOT Jesus! And as you said, this is a transliteration of the Greek, which is 'Iesous', which comes from the Hebrew 'Yeshua'.

If you read, Acts 4:12 'Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved'.

And John 3:18 'He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God'.

Going by the number of times the name of the Son is mentioned in the Bible, I'd say it's a mighty big deal! But you can check for yourself and make up your own mind on that one.

As to the Sabbath, which is Saturday, I only know it's a very important step in making contact with God. And it was His very first lesson to me; so it is hugely important to Him and I believe it is because this shows Him that we are obeying and worshipping Him! Check how many times the Son stresses the importance of obedience to God within the Bible too, to get an idea of the amount of Biblical importance placed on this aspect.

The legalistic aspect is interesting too. Too often it is a misquoted saying that the Son did away with the Law, but if you read carefully, you'll see he did away with the righteousness and the curse of the Law, but not the Law itself. Also, God has shown me the Law as being the Ten Commandments.

God has not shown me [yet?] the 613 odd laws, which apply to different sections of the community anyway, and can't be kept by everyone as whole. For example, men can't keep any of the regulations regarding females, such as their menstruation, etc. Also some of the 613 regulations only apply to the priests, etc. etc.

Either way, the Ten Commandments are the very basis for community living, and for people getting along with each other. And when the discussion was held about which of the 'Jewish' laws the converted Gentiles had to stick too, the only ones Peter and company added were, as shown in Acts 21:25 'As concerning the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication'.

There are many relevant verses in the Bible about the importance of keeping the Ten Commandments. So you ignore them, for whatever reason, at your own peril!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

My original point was about receiving God as you are.
No, the context was ". . . as His crops matured and ripened until now, for His harvest."
So it sounds like Judgment Day, and how you can not disguise what and who you are and what you have done.

Or is to you "harvest" really something else, like something completely different from its normal meaning?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

There is plenty of cult nonsense on YouTube, so you don't necessarily have to attend meetings at a church or something, just accept their brain washing.

. . . I am merely sharing unique information . . .
And who did you learn the "information" from?
This stuff comes from the 'sacred name' movement.
I have some information that comes from a book,
You Shall Have No Other Gods: Israelite Religion in the Light of Hebrew Inscriptions (Harvard Semitic Studies), by Jeffrey H. Tigay,
that there are over 500 known Yahwistic names. I counted them all from the lists in the appendix at one time.
My point being that in ancient Palestine it was common practice to use names that included God's name, so it isn't something that you need today to be so reverent about, as if you had to pronounce it according to some sort of "sacred" dialect.
The Jews in Jesus' time were not so scrupulous so there isn't any need to now, unless it is to get a feeling that people who use normal English are somehow inferior and are not as "holy" as yourself.

edit on 27-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

. . . this is a transliteration of the Greek, which is 'Iesous', which comes from the Hebrew 'Yeshua'.
How do get from that (above), to this? (below)

. . . the name of His Son is NOT Jesus!
Are you admitting that there is no actual logical step, but "know" because . .

. . . God said to me . . .
Can to describe how this happened?

Going by the number of times the name of the Son is mentioned in the Bible, I'd say it's a mighty big deal!
Is it significant that it is always "Jesus"?

The name 'Jesus' is mentioned 983 times in the King James Version of the Bible.
wiki answers

edit on 27-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well, how to say... if you search to contact the creator, you only slow the process, as your attention is aimed at anything but the present moment, where the creator lays hidden. Stop playing around, take a deep breath and feel the surroundings. It is Him, I can assure you.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

. . . this is a transliteration of the Greek, which is 'Iesous', which comes from the Hebrew 'Yeshua'.
How do get from that (above), to this? (below)

. . . the name of His Son is NOT Jesus!
Are you admitting that there is no actual logical step, but "know" because . .

. . . God said to me . . .
Can to describe how this happened?

Going by the number of times the name of the Son is mentioned in the Bible, I'd say it's a mighty big deal!
Is it significant that it is always "Jesus"?

The name 'Jesus' is mentioned 983 times in the King James Version of the Bible.
wiki answers

Duh! Obviously it is logical that I heard the voice first, before I checked the name.

God told me audibly! I heard it from outside of myself, as someone speaking to me.

If I changed the name to 'Jerry' in the Bible, 'Jerry' would also show up 983 times! Would there then be any significance in the name of 'Jerry'?

How many times is the word 'god' in the Bible? Because that's another word that wasn't in the English language until late - from around 1500 AD, according to one source.

Oddly, the exact history of the word God is unknown. The word God is a relatively new European invention, which was never used in any of the ancient Judaeo-Christian scripture manuscripts that were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek or Latin.
Source: wahiduddin.net...
edit on 29/4/2014 by Maigret because: Editing

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

There is plenty of cult nonsense on YouTube, so you don't necessarily have to attend meetings at a church or something, just accept their brain washing.

. . . I am merely sharing unique information . . .
And who did you learn the "information" from?
This stuff comes from the 'sacred name' movement.
I have some information that comes from a book,
You Shall Have No Other Gods: Israelite Religion in the Light of Hebrew Inscriptions (Harvard Semitic Studies), by Jeffrey H. Tigay,
that there are over 500 known Yahwistic names. I counted them all from the lists in the appendix at one time.
My point being that in ancient Palestine it was common practice to use names that included God's name, so it isn't something that you need today to be so reverent about, as if you had to pronounce it according to some sort of "sacred" dialect.
The Jews in Jesus' time were not so scrupulous so there isn't any need to now, unless it is to get a feeling that people who use normal English are somehow inferior and are not as "holy" as yourself.

Whatever you say, which is all to the negative, the one thing I will say for myself, and it's easily verifiable, and that is; with what I am sharing, every single word spoken by the Son of God becomes important, and can be easily understood.

Pull me apart any which way you like, but you CANNOT take this proof/evidence of that truth away from me.

Anyone reading the Bible from a Christian viewpoint, can't make head or tail of what 'Jesus' [sic] was talking about. Nothing said, makes any sense at all! Even your understanding of what he was saying makes him sound confused and / or obtuse.

!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Egoismyname
Well, how to say... if you search to contact the creator, you only slow the process, as your attention is aimed at anything but the present moment, where the creator lays hidden. Stop playing around, take a deep breath and feel the surroundings. It is Him, I can assure you.

That is one way of doing it.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

My original point was about receiving God as you are.
No, the context was ". . . as His crops matured and ripened until now, for His harvest."
So it sounds like Judgment Day, and how you can not disguise what and who you are and what you have done.

Or is to you "harvest" really something else, like something completely different from its normal meaning?

No... the context was the wedding and appropriate clothing; nothing whatsoever to do with the harvest, as anyone clicking on my name in bold, as the 'quoted post', will see.

Distorting the argument is a very weak ploy.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Oddly, the exact history of the word God is unknown. The word God is a relatively new European invention, which was never used in any of the ancient Judaeo-Christian scripture manuscripts that were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek or Latin.
This is just absolute rubbish.
Hello! English did not exist back in ancient times.
So, What!
Hebrew has elohim,
Greek has Theos,
Latin has Dios.
"God" is just the newer, English version that probably comes from Norse.
Big deal!
So now you can't say "God"!?
And this is what God "told" you?
You do realize that your mind easily makes noise and voices that you could swear was from "outside".

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Even your understanding of what he was saying makes him sound confused and / or obtuse.
Jesus was "obtuse", why do you think that they killed him?
Saying Yeshua and Yahweh doesn't make you understand scripture better, it just comes off as very pretentious to me.
Jehovah's Witnesses' rap can be rankling with their "I'm better than you" attitude.
Don't be a Pharisee with a mere show of false piety.
Do you really think that at the Pearly Gates that you will be quizzed on your Hebrew pronunciation?

edit on 29-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Distorting the argument is a very weak ploy.
Your "ploy" is making an argument.
I was asking what you meant, and so far all I have gotten was evasion.
What is the "harvest" that you brought up in the OP?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

This is just absolute rubbish.
Hello! English did not exist back in ancient times.
So, What!
Hebrew has elohim,
Greek has Theos,
Latin has Dios.
"God" is just the newer, English version that probably comes from Norse.
Big deal!
So now you can't say "God"!?
And this is what God "told" you?
You do realize that your mind easily makes noise and voices that you could swear was from "outside".

Rubbish? *rofl* You just don't 'get it', do you!

The sentence God spoke was not completely out of the blue... it was in connection with a happening; it was revelationary and relevant!

But you're so intent on dismissing my case that you're making yourself look confused and thus incoherent; and sadly you don't even realise it.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Even your understanding of what he was saying makes him sound confused and / or obtuse.
Jesus was "obtuse", why do you think that they killed him?
Saying Yeshua and Yahweh doesn't make you understand scripture better, it just comes off as very pretentious to me.
Jehovah's Witnesses' rap can be rankling with their "I'm better than you" attitude.
Don't be a Pharisee with a mere show of false piety.
Do you really think that at the Pearly Gates that you will be quizzed on your Hebrew pronunciation?

I am calling an end to this futile 'discussion', jmdewey60. If you haven't got something constructive to contribute, you're not worth replying to.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

But you're so intent on dismissing my case that you're making yourself look confused and thus incoherent; and sadly you don't even realise it.
If I am somehow too stupid to "get it", who else out there do you think does?
If you want anyone to get it, whatever your point is, may I suggest that you at least make an attempt by starting out by pointing out where I am getting it wrong.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If I am somehow too stupid to "get it", who else out there do you think does?
If you want anyone to get it, whatever your point is, may I suggest that you at least make an attempt by starting out by pointing out where I am getting it wrong.

I'll bite! *growl*

Saying you 'don't get it' does NOT mean 'you're stupid'. It means you're looking at it from a wrong or different point of view!

The general thrust of your posts are aimed at negatively pulling apart anything I say, simply to be dismissive. They are not constructively contributing to the post.

You don't really even want to know where you're getting it wrong.

Obviously, you have no desire to make personal contact with God Himself, otherwise you'd be paying more attention to what I'm saying, but maybe it's because you don't believe you or I can.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Obviously, you have no desire to make personal contact with God Himself, otherwise you'd be paying more attention to what I'm saying, but maybe it's because you don't believe you or I can.
I don't think that you know whether I am trying to "make contact" with God or not.
Why would I go to the trouble of writing out all of these post just "to be dismissive"?
Are you saying that your knowledge has nothing to do with the written word itself, but the visions that you get when you read it?

edit on 1-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join