It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars One Habitats Revealed - Beginning Simulation Mission on Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Do you actually believe that the US would give up its funtional ready to go space fairing capability without a better tried and tested replacement in the hanger (Ferrari)!

Yes. Because it happened once before already.

See the post-Apollo, pre-shuttle decade (1972-1981)
edit on 24-4-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: JadeStar

Isn't it strange, all this talk about making Mars a residence and absolutely nothing in the works to get us there...supposedly. On the more immediate and practical side, shouldn't they be talking about what was going to happen to the aging ISS?

Oh, that's right, it is scheduled for de-commissioning in the near future. But why...?

Something just doesn't seem right with some of these plans we are told about.
You suppose that we aren't quite told the truth about space capabilities? I mean, we have been promised to go back to the Moon too. But how? What rocket, what preparations are being made? Harvest H3, yes, but how? There is talk about mining asteroids, again, where are the freighter ships that will do those jobs of hauling people, tons and tons of material and supplies to this far-flung places when rockets are so terribly expensive and inefficient?

The off world pilots who fly them could answer your questions.
The US retired its Shuttles because they have better craft.
You dont retire you BMW unless you already have a Ferrari!!!!!

Right the "Secret Space Program".........

I suppose they dock with the ISS and not one amateur astronomer has ever seen them....riiiiiigggght.

I didnt say anything about a secret space programme. Just made a statement about a BMW and a Ferrari! I wouldnt give up my current A to B jullopy if I didnt have an A to B+ jullopy.

If you think that the US has in its entirety retired its space programme then all i can say is Berrrrrrrrrrrrrh! As in sheeple mindset!

Best regards
The Niaiveless One!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: JadeStar

Isn't it strange, all this talk about making Mars a residence and absolutely nothing in the works to get us there...supposedly. On the more immediate and practical side, shouldn't they be talking about what was going to happen to the aging ISS?

Oh, that's right, it is scheduled for de-commissioning in the near future. But why...?

Something just doesn't seem right with some of these plans we are told about.
You suppose that we aren't quite told the truth about space capabilities? I mean, we have been promised to go back to the Moon too. But how? What rocket, what preparations are being made? Harvest H3, yes, but how? There is talk about mining asteroids, again, where are the freighter ships that will do those jobs of hauling people, tons and tons of material and supplies to this far-flung places when rockets are so terribly expensive and inefficient?

The off world pilots who fly them could answer your questions.
The US retired its Shuttles because they have better craft.
You dont retire you BMW unless you already have a Ferrari!!!!!

Right the "Secret Space Program".........

I suppose they dock with the ISS and not one amateur astronomer has ever seen them....riiiiiigggght.

I didnt say anything about a secret space programme. Just made a statement about a BMW and a Ferrari! I wouldnt give up my current A to B jullopy if I didnt have an A to B+ jullopy.

If you think that the US has in its entirety retired its space programme then all i can say is Berrrrrrrrrrrrrh! As in sheeple mindset!

Best regards
The Niaiveless One!

No one said the US retired it's space program. Just the shuttle.

The space program is more than a single vehicle or even manned space flight.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That would be because of missing trillions I presume. Wonder where that went. Wasnt goverment staff expense claims thats for sure.
Do you actually believe that the US would give up its functional ready to go space fairing capability without a better tried and tested replacement in the hanger (Ferrari)! if a BMW is the best you have got you dont retire it until you have a better option!! Its not about money!!

It is when its a civilian project the average dumb twinkie eating American dosnt give a dam about.

what your referring to is militray space applications. And no they haven't given up any capability. Look at the X-37 and yeah they may have a few more assets but it not in the NASA civilian domain it will be USAF.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
To the idea that interest will wane funding will drop and the first 4 will be left unattended
Not a chance, the first 4 will just be the first...people are lined up in the hundreds of thousands to try to get there
Interest will stay strong, unless of course we begin WW3 soon, then maybe support might be distracted
Along with the croud funding and reality tv contracts, advertising by mega corporations also
A lottery could of course bring in loads of $
Lets say just a mere $150 puts you in a lottery where one out of lets say 1out of 1500 get the one way trip?
Granted that only brings in a quarter million, but the advertising and hype brings in attention that is worth way more

X

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well, if they'd only land somewhere interesting and actual answer some questions for once, I'll be happy. I just hope Mars One doesn't end up being some gimmicky reality tv series shot in Nevada.

Here's a landing spot...or 10, that would be nice to get a better perspective on:
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
You know I might be interested and start looking into this after all. I wonder what the educational requirements to be elligible are?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davian
You know I might be interested and start looking into this after all. I wonder what the educational requirements to be elligible are?

None.

That's part of the problem IMHO. Call me an elitist but this thing has always been a bit 'too open'.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

None.

That's part of the problem IMHO. Call me an elitist but this thing has always been a bit 'too open'.
You're kidding, right? You mean I could sign up and just start training right off the bat? I thought ATLEAST some form of background in astrology and/or engineering was a requirement... this could potentially be a disaster.
edit on 27-4-2014 by Davian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I remember a topic with that suit not related at all to mars one, makes me wonder if they are picking thigs over the net and claiming their own.

Was not supouse to be covert in dirt to protect from radiation too?

It's Motorcycle gear.

Can tell by the logo, look;

and gloves;

Not an exact match, but note the logo.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

None.

You're kidding, right? You mean I could sign up and just start training right off the bat? I thought ATLEAST some form of background in astrology and/or engineering was a requirement... this could potentially be a disaster.

Astronomy not astrology and yes you can sign up.

I signed up and I've met some of the other applicants. Lets just say that I'm skeptical of the selection process coming down to what works on Reality TV.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join