It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday Will Shakespeare.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Today is the birthday of the greatest playwright to have ever graced The Earth, William Shakespeare. Born 450 years ago today.
As ATS is a conspiracy site, i think it's important to mention the conspiracy regarding Shakespeare. There has been an on going campaign to try and prove that Will Shakespeare was in fact not the writer of these great works. This is the way it goes:-

Unfortunately to some, Shakespeare was not born in London or the South East of England. He was born as we know in The English Midlands. As Shakespeare is such an important character both in English and World history, the London media and in such the London bias media: cannot bear the fact that Will was not one of their own, and was born 120 miles away in Stratford-Upon-Avon Warwickshire. In Britain everything of importance has to revolved around London, or have a connection to London in someway.
Therefore there is an effort by the " High Brows" of our capital city to try and prove it was someone from London or The Home Counties that in fact was the " Real William Shakespeare" and that someone used the name of William Shakespeare as a pseudonym to hide their real identity. To date the efforts of those who are trying to discredit Shakespeare have come to nothing.

The expression i would use about the above mentioned campaign would be............. " Much Ado About Nothing"

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

and that someone used the name of William Shakespeare as a pseudonym to hide their real identity.

Like the speculations that it was really Christopher Marlowe?

Either way, I am sometimes blown away by all the phrases we use today that came from Shakespeare...whoever.

Bum bum bummmm
edit on 4/23/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: missing word

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Happy B-Day.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6

and that someone used the name of William Shakespeare as a pseudonym to hide their real identity.

Like the speculations that it was really Christopher Marlowe?

Either way, I am sometimes blown away by all the phrases we use today that came from Shakespeare...whoever.

Bum bum bummmm

Along with Marlowe, other candidates for writing Shakespeare's works are:-

Sir Francis Bacon
Edward de Vere Earl Of Oxford
William Stanley Earl Of Derby
Sir Henry Neville

All the above born in either London or South East of England. Surprise Surprise.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

April 23 is actually the day Shakespeare died, unfortunately. As far as I know, no one is certain of his actual birthday. His apparent recorded baptism was April 26, if you want to celebrate that.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: lemmin

April 23 is actually the day Shakespeare died, unfortunately. As far as I know, no one is certain of his actual birthday. His apparent recorded baptism was April 26, if you want to celebrate that.

You are correct about his actual birth date being unknown. However April 23rd is celebrated as his birthday.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My great something grampa was Shakespere ....................
Sir Bertie De Vere.....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Bacon all the way.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism

Bacon all the way.

To eat, yes!

As the real Shakespeare?