It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raising Taxes on Corporations that Pay Their CEOs Royally and Treat Their Workers Like Serfs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

It could also be said that if we give corporations too much power, that power will likely be used against us.
Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

No, taxes need to be raised on the very rich, maybe all of us. I am looking at my grandchild (5) right now. How she is going to have to do with less to pay for wars based on lies and evil greed. How she is going to have to do with less so the Oligarchy can suck the life out of her for 40yrs. So the CEO's grandchild can live in Elysium.

The Oligarchy has pulled a tiger by its tail.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

What Country might that be? Now that we are a Global Economy.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

No, taxes need to be raised on the very rich, maybe all of us. I am looking at my grandchild (5) right now. How she is going to have to do with less to pay for wars based on lies and evil greed. How she is going to have to do with less so the Oligarchy can suck the life out of her for 40yrs. So the CEO's grandchild can live in Elysium.

The Oligarchy has pulled a tiger by its tail.

So instead you'd rather tax away her future instead of stopping crazy spending.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

It could also be said that if we give corporations too much power, that power will likely be used against us.
Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission comes to mind.

Too much power? We have the highest corporate taxes in the world right now. The reason why lobbyists run to Washington with bags of money is because the government can make or break a business with a stroke of a pen. Reduce government influence and interference and you reduce the influence of corporate money in the government. As long as you insist upon the government interfering with pretty much everything and punishing people you don't like and micromanaging our lives, then corporations will bribe in order to protect themselves. Make government smaller and "those evil corporations" will not be able to do as much.
edit on 23-4-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: crazyewok

I can agree for the most part.

But isn't this something that all of us have been talking about for years now?

If you haven't made plans, changes, adaptations, preparations, then you're probably screwed now.

But that's what we talk about on ATS on a daily basis.

For some, it may have been nothing but talk, but for others it was a wake up call.

Yeah, I was lucky. I was from a middle class family I got myself a useful and good degree so Im set really. I likley wont ever know true poverty.

What I worry about is my children and there children. They wont have the same opportunity I was lucky to have.

Granted I had to work dam hard slogging away flipping burgers and doing g long hours of unpaid work as a intern, mostly removeing bio sludge from the bottom of the autoclaves in a bio lab! and have my share of student debt, but as you said life is not meant to be easy. And My hard years was character building. My children or there children likely wont ever have that

edit on 23-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

No. I want you and I to pay now with no cutting of our social programs. Raise the taxes now. Give the future back to our children. You and I may have to give up something. I don't care if you suffer a little if it protects the grandchildren.
edit on 23-4-2014 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

No. I want you and I to pay now with no cutting of our social programs. Raise the taxes now. Give the future back to our children. You and I may have to give up something. I don't care if you suffer a little if it protects the grandchildren.

So, you'd rather spend their future into oblivion and shackle them with unprecedented national debt and limit their opportunity to succeed and advance in life and make their own lives better without a huge tax burden so you get to keep your free # now. What a loving grandmother.

ETA: and you lie. You said "NO CUTTING OF SOCIAL PROGRAMS," so you don't want "to give up something" to make their lives better. You just want to take from someone else to "make their lives better" without giving up something yourself.
edit on 23-4-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

My worry is that its now too late.

Co operations are now basically governments in themselves with the same resources and influence.

Remove all reg and those co orp will be in a position to seize whats left of land, resources and money and complete a full transformation back to feudalism. And a system were only a handful of families own all the land and resources is not freedom.

To me a free market would only work if we created a fresh slate and level playing field first then let the market go free for all. Basically a fresh start.

Building a new system on stop of the old rotten foundations to me would just lead to collapse back to not just the old ways but a even worse situation.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I already answered your question. Yes, yes, yes. I don't care if I give something up and I don't care if you give something up. Now we have to pay for our bad choices. My children will always be stuck in low paying jobs now since the 08crash.
The now 20- yr olds, who are not part of the Oligarchy, will be paying for their wars til they die. That is enough punishment on americans.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin
I personally consider myself rather well-off, when compared to majority of citizens here. Yet, I still feel sorry for the one´s in the bottom 10%. It is basic empathy. Most of them are hard workers, have worked far more than I have during their lives, yet they are stuck. I just got lucky (good family, talent, country where I was born), other people work harder, yet I get better results.

Apparently, if you have empathy these days, you're un-American. Welcome to the "New America".

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I already answered your question. Yes, yes, yes. I don't care if I give something up and I don't care if you give something up. Now we have to pay for our bad choices. My children will always be stuck in low paying jobs now since the 08crash.
The now 20- yr olds, who are not part of the Oligarchy, will be paying for their wars til they die. That is enough punishment on americans.

Yet you still want to keep punishing Americans with high taxation and bigger government--big government that gave you those wars you detest so much and the debt you claim to dislike. We will never get ahead until we cut spending, and that includes the social programs you don't want to touch--and that's the problem "don't touch spending I like." Since everyone is like that, no spending is cut. You can't tax your way to prosperity.

I haven't made any bad choices and I am not stuck in a low paying job--I thought ahead and made sacrifices and made wise choices with my life. Why punish me because your kids did not plan for their futures?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap

originally posted by: Cabin
I personally consider myself rather well-off, when compared to majority of citizens here. Yet, I still feel sorry for the one´s in the bottom 10%. It is basic empathy. Most of them are hard workers, have worked far more than I have during their lives, yet they are stuck. I just got lucky (good family, talent, country where I was born), other people work harder, yet I get better results.

Apparently, if you have empathy these days, you're un-American. Welcome to the "New America".

And apparently if you don't want to rob Peter to pay Paul, you have no empathy. I agree, welcome to the "New America."

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

There is always the option of not working for someone who pays you "serf" wages.

2nd

How dare you suggest such things.

The company is clearly there only to provide jobs.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

That is the most moronic thing I have read in a while.

You do realize, that by raising taxes, the company will simply pass the cost to the consumer, relocate overseas, downsize and not spend money on other things.

And, you do realize that this is about as authoritative and elitist as it gets.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

There is always the option of not working for someone who pays you "serf" wages.

2nd
Not everyone gets to choose where they work.

And who would those people be??/ That are forced to work for a specific company??

Are these the same people that were "forced" to sign mortgages for homes they couldn't afford?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Because that is not what the company chose to do.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

So, because there is the excuse that there is no other company to work for, that in turn means they are "forced" to work there???

Are we redefining words again around here?

"Force" is no where in this. The person has a many choices. They just don't make the other choices. The person
chooses to work there.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

A star for you, you are absolutely right on the sentence in which you say that the legislation will go nowhere and that is nothing but a prop for the mid term elections

Corporate money runs freely in Washington so to even hope for a fair legislation to help the workers and what our nation has become a working welfare class is never going to happen.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

So, because there is the excuse that there is no other company to work for, that in turn means they are "forced" to work there???

When you have a choice between:
1) Work for local Co operation
2)Go on government welfare
3) Starve

I would say ones choices are fairly restricted and limited and certainly not "free".

Are we redefining words again around here?

No just pointing out the sad reality in some areas.

The person has a many choices.

Like?
I only see three
1) Work for local Co operation
2)Go on government welfare
3) Starve

Ok I guess one can try and relocate . But that option every year is getting thinner and thinner as Cooperation slowly spread out. Eventually there will be no were to hide unless something is done.

They just don't make the other choices.

Like?

The person
chooses to work there.

Chooses due to extreme restriction of choose.

Its a very very fine line.

It like saying North Korans have a choose in there leader as they still have the choose between:
1) accepting dear leader
2) Horrible death for them and family.

Ok yeah they have a choice but like with co orps in some area its not much of one!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join