It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raising Taxes on Corporations that Pay Their CEOs Royally and Treat Their Workers Like Serfs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

It's OK, the granola lefties in San Fran are getting pretty ticked off at the tech lefties. There is no way the tech giants are going to go for this because the tech world is very cut-throat. Most of those CEOs are either going to go where they will get paid the most which means leaving the Silicon Valley or those companies will leave the Silicon Valley.

Where will California be then?

Let's watch what happens when this thing passes.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

When you have a choice between:
1) Work for local Co operation
2)Go on government welfare
3) Starve

I would say ones choices are fairly restricted and limited and certainly not "free".

Sorry, just to clarify - are you really suggesting that there are only a handful of employers in the entire country?

I seem to recall that the vast majority of employers (certainly in the UK) are in the small-to-medium enterprise range, certainly not the large evil corporations you see lurking behind every corner waiting to press-gang us into slavery...

You also seem to miss out on another viable option that many people take - work for yourself. Plenty of people do. All those big evil corporations have, somewhere in their history, someone who decided to take a risk and set up shop.

"The Man" isn't keeping anyone down. People have just been brainwashed into thinking they don't have any options unless the government steps in to save them from the evil capitalists. People keep themselves down, and then seem surprised when someone else has the nerve to succeed.

Keep the government out of the market. Most of the things that people complain about are, at their root, a direct response to government intervention.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We don't have income tax in the state. They do not make enough money to pay Fed income tax.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That's what I said. They don't make enough to pay taxes, but I'll bet they sure do vote for people like myself to have to fork over an ever increasing share, and I'm not even rich.

This is why everyone, even your kids, needs to have skin in the game, so that the spending that necessitates these levels of taxation ... stops.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Actually, my son who is a business major, is a conservative. We go round and round all the time. It has taken him a long time because of money, but next year he will graduate. He will be successful, but I never want him to forget the poor.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Keep the government out of the market. Most of the things that people complain about are, at their root, a direct response to government intervention.

I'll agree that it was the gov't policies that got us into this position. And we are crashing economically!
But the right kind of gov't intervention now might be the difference between a semi-safe controlled crash or a down and dirty hard crash!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
take this job and shove it.

so raising taxes on a corp that the op deems bad or the IRS deems bad is a good thing?

who decides? WHO DECIDES!

heck, who wouldn't want a ceo job?

you work for me, u stfu and do your job. you get your paycheck on time and everything you signed up for.
you are even free to leave or terminated.

isn't targeting corps against the law? the irs at work.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao
take this job and shove it.

so raising taxes on a corp that the op deems bad or the IRS deems bad is a good thing?

who decides? WHO DECIDES!

heck, who wouldn't want a ceo job?

you work for me, u stfu and do your job. you get your paycheck on time and everything you signed up for.
you are even free to leave or terminated.

isn't targeting corps against the law? the irs at work.

People seem to have developed this odd idea that the person who owns a company holds it as some kind of beneficial "trust" for the public or the employees. They act as if the company was always owned by the public but it just so happens that the current owner is managing it on their behalf.

I'm increasingly convinced that most of the people calling for these measures believe that companies are created when the "Good of Mankind" fairy waves their magic wand and *poof!* a company is born, ready to lavish money on everyone who comes to their door.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
It is neither my fault, nor my problem that someone chooses to live and remain in the magical land, where there is only one place to work.

You obviuosuly have you head in the sand. For 90% of people it work for the local corps or dont work.

This is BS, plain and simple.

No need to get aggressive.

They have the freedom to move.

For now, but every year that options grows less and less.

People are free to move anywhere within the US. The restrictions are self imposed

I partly agrees to some extent. But as stated above its getting harder and harder.

. The financial burden is their own issue to carry.

How can they move if they cant afford to travel or relocate? Wait not your problem!

Then there is no "force" applied.

Force is a subjective term.

No wonder people are where they are. They need everyone else to solve their problems.
See above

How can one person of simple means stand up to a multi billion dollar international co operation?

Not my problem. It is the persons choice to move for work, or not move and not work.

Not your problem?
Maybe not now.

But soon a mega corp may move into your area and have there eye on your area of business. In which case it will be your problem as they destroy you, not through fair free market but by dirty politics and legal moves.

Don't care about N. Korea. Not my problem.

Did you ever receive any form of education what so ever? Its called a illustration!

It highlighting that just because you have a "choice" doesn't mean you have freedom.
It matters not be it a government has you by the balls or a cooperation, tyranny is tyranny, all that matters is a powerful entity is in forceing its will on a area.

The choice is still that of the person.

Soon what choice?

Moving may soon not be option then what? work in poverty or starve?

What sort of life is that? What sort of life is it to work like a slave for 50 odd years for a meager existence with no hope of bettering one self? Is that freedom?

No I don't agree with the higher tax on co operations. Its pissing in the wind. Costs will just be passed on to the customers and on job losses.

But something does need to be done in restricting the political and legal influence. Co operations should not be able to manipulated law and politics to act in there favor to give them a unfair advantage. Thats not a free market.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

But something does need to be done in restricting the political and legal influence. Co operations should not be able to manipulated law and politics to act in there favor to give them a unfair advantage. Thats not a free market.

I think everyone is in agreement with that, the difference is in how it should be achieved.

Some are saying that, in order to prevent the large companies using existing laws and regulations as leverage to dominate a marketplace, we need even more laws and regulations to stop them.

Others are saying that, if there weren't so many laws and regulations in place already, there would be very little leverage for those large companies to use. Instead of competing by seeing who could lobby the government more effectively, they would have to compete by seeing who could provide the best service to the paying customer.

Big companies will continue to target the government for lobbying purposes because the government has got itself so completely entrenched in the marketplace. I'd rather see the government say to a lobbying firm "nothing we can do, we're not getting involved, let the market sort itself out".

Adding more rules and regulations is like trying to put out a forge by pumping more air into it. What do you think is feeding the fire in the first place?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

We don't have income tax in the state. They do not make enough money to pay Fed income tax.

Oh, so they are then leaching off those that do pay income tax. How marvelous.

Great Humans indeed.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Good morning macman. I am sure you are a great human being too, just confused and immature.

"Oh, so they are then leaching off those that do pay income tax."

Since you obviously do not work, I will explain it to you. Out each paycheck comes feds burden that everybody pays, including income tax. Then at the end of the year, if you did make enough money for that tax bracket, you either get a refund or don't pay more. My son got a refund because he made just a little more than 10K last year and a full time college student.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You obviuosuly have you head in the sand. For 90% of people it work for the local corps or dont work.

Fairy Crap!!!
Seeing as again, you don't live here, how is it that you know this for the US?
Or, are you speaking about your home country?

No need to get aggressive.

Madam, I am a savage, plain and simple.

For now, but every year that options grows less and less.

How is it less and less. Are Uhauls not available? Is there a shortage of boxes?
Are states stopping people from moving from and then into another?

I partly agrees to some extent. But as stated above its getting harder and harder.

Seems to be that the only thing really limiting people is the roadblocks they set up themselves, and the excuses they use as building material.

How can they move if they cant afford to travel or relocate? Wait not your problem!

Save up money, walk, drive their car.
You know what, you are right. It really seems that these people are just hopeless and have no ability to either figure life out or provide for themselves. I think they should stay where they are at, so they don't encroach into the areas where people live that can think for themselves, instead of looking to Govt or everyone else to solve their woes.

Force is a subjective term.

Only to a Progressive.

Force is very definable and has very detailed actions for it to be defined.

How can one person of simple means stand up to a multi billion dollar international co operation?

So, we go from moving to where the jobs are, to fighting the power.

Which is it? Do you want to be right, or successful? These 2 things don't often have the ability to exist at the same time for the individual.

Not your problem?
Maybe not now.

No, not my problem. As a tax payer it isn't my problem.
In my personal life, I choose to help, when and where I want.

But soon a mega corp may move into your area and have there eye on your area of business. In which case it will be your problem as they destroy you, not through fair free market but by dirty politics and legal moves.

Destroy me how???
You and others have this weird "third eye" statement that a Mega something or other will move in swallow everything and life will only exist within it's walls.
And I thought you guys made fun of those that are Libertarians, with the whole Mad Max world and crap.
You guys pitch the same crap, except of limited rules, you pitch everything will just be Walmart Land.

Did you ever receive any form of education what so ever? Its called a illustration!

Nope, I was taught by a woodchuck and the Ants.

It highlighting that just because you have a "choice" doesn't mean you have freedom.
It matters not be it a government has you by the balls or a cooperation, tyranny is tyranny, all that matters is a powerful entity is in forceing its will on a area.

The Govt has force behind it.
Corps have product.

Seems that the Govt still holds the cards for Tyranny.

Soon what choice?

Moving may soon not be option then what? work in poverty or starve?

How is that going to happen exactly?

What sort of life is that? What sort of life is it to work like a slave for 50 odd years for a meager existence with no hope of bettering one self? Is that freedom?

Sounds like the plan for advancement is/was not a good plan.

No I don't agree with the higher tax on co operations. Its pissing in the wind. Costs will just be passed on to the customers and on job losses.

Well, there we go together.

I do agree that the Govt is corrupt, thus allowing the influence from whomever waves the bigger check in front of their face.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Good morning macman. I am sure you are a great human being too, just confused and immature.

Nope. I am a savage, plain and simple.

"Oh, so they are then leaching off those that do pay income tax."

Since you obviously do not work, I will explain it to you.

I do work.

Out each paycheck comes feds burden that everybody pays, including income tax. Then at the end of the year, if you did make enough money for that tax bracket, you either get a refund or don't pay more. My son got a refund because he made just a little more than 10K last year and a full time college student.

SO, he got a refund of what he paid into for taxes, correct? Or did he get more back then what he paid into?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

He got back exactly what income tax he paid into from his check. I did his taxes for him. Oh, you must be thinking of the EIC. He does not qualify because he does not make enough money, and is single.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

SO, he paid no income taxes, yet uses things that I pay for in taxes.

Thought we wanted "fairness" in life.

Oh wait, I forgot. It is different.

Always different.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

True, but he did loan it to you for a year.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

True, but he did loan it to you for a year.

How marvelous. The business major loaned money out, with no interest paid for said loan.

Doesn't sound like a good deal.

Well, at least you recognize the beginning of the Ponzi scheme that is Taxation. There my be hope for you yet.

edit on 24-4-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Well, why don't you do something about it? Instead, you want to blame the people who are just trying to get by like you. We don't make the laws or design the tax system, we just try to live with it. Regular people are not your enemy. Run for office if you can find someone in the Oligarchy that will support your cause, if you think you have friends in that stratosphere.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Well, why don't you do something about it?

I am. Voting, educating people, informing people and such.

Instead, you want to blame the people who are just trying to get by like you.

Excuse me? Just like me? Hardly.
I don't get back what I pay into taxes.
The blame falls with the Govt for taking from me and the blame falls with those that take the handout from the Govt as well.

We don't make the laws or design the tax system, we just try to live with it.

Ahhh, you helped placed people in charge that do this.

Regular people are not your enemy.

My enemy is anyone or group that takes from my pocket, to give to others. And those that happily accept the stolen money.

Run for office if you can find someone in the Oligarchy that will support your cause, if you think you have friends in that stratosphere.

Run for office?? No thanks. Govt is not something I would work for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join