It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Big bang theory is true then the universe is a mushroom.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If the universe started as a big bang you only have to watch footage of large explosions to see the pathway energy would take. But it wouldnt be only one mushroom cloud going in one direction you would have an equal and opposite force in the other direction. Now as the dual mushrooms expand out they also fold back in on themselves. This means they are gaining energy as they rush back towards the center point and then expand back out again. If you watch footage of mushroom clouds you can see it yourself the stem is not straight but twists like vines. So now you know whats meant by these boring words like expansion and contraction and that nothing is either straight only or curved only but a combination of the two forming vines, mushrooms, vortexes, Spirals, Etc. And maybe ultimately an hourglass with an eye at the center and an eye at the center of each larger and larger mushroom the initial two eventually spiralling back towards the first and most powerful center. Now you know what would happen if you went through a black hole which is a drain we are currently circling.

youtu.be...
edit on 22-4-2014 by emeris because: To add video

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: emeris

I know diddly squat about it but the absence of gravity and it happening in a vacuum might change your vision some but like I said.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Without anything resisting the explosion such as physical matter or forces like gravity, the explosion should be more or less spherical...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse

I agree. I think that the OP should reconsider the difference in circumstances of the big bang and a nuclear explosion. Star and...star?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Im certainly no expert on any of this...just thinking out loud. The initial explosion also creates an equal and opposite inplosion. Push and pull. The the energy that is furthest away is pulled back to the source and recycled. Now of course within this one Large Dual system there are an almost infinite number of smaller systems...if not infinite in number infinite in motion.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Dear OP:

As Captain Kirk once said "You have to understand WHY things work on a starship".

Why do mushroom clouds occur? And are they something that you only see with nuclear explosions? And was the 'big bang' a nuclear explosion?

Mushroom clouds occur when you have a Rayleigh-Taylor instability. You get them when you have a light material pushing a heavier one, usually. That's a real issue with the design of nukes, oddly enough. Not in the post-bang part but in the run-up.

But all sorts of things cause "mushrooms", and in general, they're the result of an R-T instability. You don't just see them with nuclear explosions. In space, however, a nuke doesn't make a mushroom cloud, because you don't have the other factors that cause R-Ti's to happen. You get a sphere, more or less.

The "Big Bang" wasn't a nuclear explosion anyway.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yes it would look like a spere but how about on the inside?

youtu.be...
edit on 23-4-2014 by emeris because: add video

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I only use nuclear explosion as an illustration of the movement of energy. Now its true in space you dont have the same conditions as on earth but there are conditions. There is energy moving even in space. Now this model shows symmetry and perpetual motion of energy so what other models are there? I will consider anything and everything
edit on 23-4-2014 by emeris because: add a little

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I dont say explosion came first or implosion they both go together. And i dont even say they began... just that they are

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

And the mushroom is made up of spiral bands twisting up like vines

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse

Where have you seen the absence of gravity?
and what is a vacuum the absence of?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
For a second I thought fungi.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
And you know it was a nuclear explosion, how? Does a dust explosion form a mushroom?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Most scientific studies have found the universe to be flat, that is ever expanding. I'm not even close to knowing the truth about it but I have heard some interesting theories on a cyclical universe, the craziest being:
If the universe does collapse back in on itself, we would see a rewind of time. Meaning somewhere, in the billions of years later, we would end up living our lives backwards, from death to birth, and be none the wiser.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
more likely a doughnut than a mushroom

and it was expansion not explosion

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Less than 10 seconds of googling would tell you that The Big Bang wasn't an explosion but that hasn't stopped OP from wildly speculating some daft ideas.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I think you're on the right track, can't prove it of course, nobody can.

Think of the shape you'd get with your mushroom cloud shape, if the mushroom shape was expanding in all directions at once...it would be a torus, like a ring-donut.

This is the shape of our Universe, i suspect.

The 'big bang' happened (and IS happening) in what we could picture as A VERY tight area at the center of the torus or donut.

The very small channels at the top and bottom of the torus, or pictured as the openings and inside of the hole of the donut, are like the poles of a magnet..energy and in the case of our Universe, matter, is being ejected from one pole perhaps at the bottom of the hole, and gravitates towards the oposite pole or hole at the top of the torus.

This explains a lot of problems, and answers a lot of questions.

How are galaxies and space in general expanding? And not only that, how are they expanding at a faster and faster rate of speed? Currently, the energy for this expansion is theorised to be the mysterious and completely unknown 'dark energy'.

What if it wasn't 'dark energy'?

What if the expansion only seems like expansion, from our relative point of view?

Picture the matter and energy being spewed out of the bottom of the ring donut hole...this take the shape of your mushroom cloud shape, but happens in all directions except back into the torus hole...the matter would spread out creating a torus shaped universe surrounding and filling the space all around the center and poles and slow down and settle for billions of years creating galaxies, until it those galaxies reach the midway point between the top and bottom half of the torus, where it starts to be attracted BACK into the top of the torus center, towards...the BIG BANG.

This would start to speed up the pull on matter...and would account for the mysterious acceleration of matter with no apparent source of energy to power the speed increase...the big bang event both repels from one 'Universal pole' and then attracts and accelerates the matter back into the opposite pole to be compressed and be recycled once again as fuel for the big bang.

The big bang may not have been a single, once off event 14 billion years ago...it might actually be a kind of Universe engine, a reaction outside of time (time would not exist at the big bang event) happening continuously, fed by matter and energy from galaxies entering back into the narrow channel being compressed and fed to the big bang event as fuel, to be spewed once again from the bottom in a continuous recycling of energy and matter spanning eternity.

No proof, just my fanciful theory.

edit on 23-4-2014 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

a reaction outside of time (time would not exist at the big bang event)

Because?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
"Big Bang" is kind of a misnomer since the beginning wasn't really an explosion, but a rapid inflation of space.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Junkheap because: The terrible blue screaming fuzzy thing told me to.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

I think you're on the right track, can't prove it of course, nobody can.

Think of the shape you'd get with your mushroom cloud shape, if the mushroom shape was expanding in all directions at once...it would be a torus, like a ring-donut.

No proof, just my fanciful theory.

i'm afraid someone beat you to that theory:

doughnut universe

<<   2  3 >>

join