It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Big bang theory is true then the universe is a mushroom.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: emeris

So to speak of time or space outside of this closed-ever-looping system would make no sense
I'm not. I've said nothing about time or space outside of anything. Is "closed-ever-looping system" part of BBT?

From your post

According to the theory, the Big Bang occurred approximately 13.82 billion years ago, which is thus considered the age of the universe.[2] At this time, the universe was in an extremely hot and dense state and was expanding rapidly.

Can someone please explain to me the concept of heat or temperature without time?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

The words used in the big bang theory dont concern me. You tell me what you have observed in this universe i dont care what anyone else has written down on pieces of chopped up trees if i want to read about nature i just look at the tree itself. So look at a tree and tell me what patterns you see. Please noone tell me about theories in books tell me about the tree you chopped down to form that book. Tell me about the living tree and not the dead book. If you cannot tell me about the trees then you need to stop talking and go and see.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Without temperature would mean without movement and therefore There would be no question of time or space.

Just because someone went to a school and is called a scientist doesnt mean they are not talking complete nonsense and this is a lot of what you get from the "experts". Based on what you have said without knowing your name or credentials i would consider you more an expert than someone who speaks nonsense at the universities.
edit on 23-4-2014 by emeris because: add a little

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What you say does not make logical sense, I am speaking from experience, I am a Physicist, an experimental scientist who does experiments and looks at problems and tries to solve them. Your statements and examples simply do not make logical sense.

By what you say following patterns, I can just as much say that Autism is caused by prevalence of internet usage as I can say it is caused by vaccinations. Of course the reality is that there I have looked at two lines on a graph and said "Hey the pattern shows both are increasing, OH they must be causal. That is of course completely wrong.

As a scientist I would actually say the Universe would look or in a way be conceptualized closer to a bubble being created at a nucleation site and expanding in size. I have studied the process and I don't even think that is a great way of modelling the universe.

What you speak off shows a lack of understanding of the system and the universe from the model. So you say if the big bang theory is true? Well argue the points of it rather than dismissing what is written in the theory that you are discussing.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

a bubble being created at a nucleation site and expanding in size.

This is the explanation you are providing?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

"Hey the pattern shows both are increasing, OH they must be causal. That is of course completely wrong.

I dont see the parallel to your analogy and what is being discussed here.
edit on 24-4-2014 by emeris because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
Meaning somewhere, in the billions of years later, we would end up living our lives backwards, from death to birth, and be none the wiser.

I thought about this too, after hearing that if there's a Big Bang there will be a Big Suck and time will go backwards. No wonder we will be screaming at the end, we know where we're about to be shoved! Dad's will be happy though, after the baby has become one with the Mum he gets to have sex a lot more often to celebrate.

Don't forget we will be dug up and our friends and families will gather and it will be the priest that performs the ceremony using the word of god that will eventually rise us from our slumber...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio
a reply to: minkmouse

I agree. I think that the OP should reconsider the difference in circumstances of the big bang and a nuclear explosion. Star and...star?

And this brings us to yet another question: what was the universe exploding out INTO during the big bang? Vacuum? A state of non-existence on a higher degree than simply "vacuum"?

Supposedly it would not have been a "bang" as it would have been soundless for more than one reason, first being that no air was present for sound to travel through and also, during the big bang matter supposedly traveled faster than not only sound, but light itself.

Is it even possible to IMAGINE being an Outside Observer of the big bang? Do we even know enough science to know what it would have looked like let alone if such a perspective existed to allow one to view it taking place and even if it were possible to imagine it, would our imagination even come close? In many simukations, it appears that we are allowed to see objects, before the light could reach your eyes from where they have "you" situated in relation to "the universe, banging"

That's forgiveable. How else can they show us what it looks like right? But what if there are other errors in the way something would be viewed across such a strange medium? And without knowing how physics work in this strange state of universe and how it reacts to "non-universe" as it expands ever outward, there is not much to grasp as far as what shape it would create.

It would be cool to know all that stuff and it is both fun and useful to try to imagine it, and I thought the mushroom idea was kinda cool!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

It would not have been an event that happened in the past tense if it is indeed a closed and looping circuit. It would be a continual moving in and moving out of energy at the "center" of the system which could be geometric in its pattern. So then the big bang is not just expansion but contraction as well and is happening at this very moment and has always been happening as long as this sytem has existed. (it being the very beating heart of the universe which is not one beat that happened a long time ago but a continual movement) If this heart stopped beating there would be no universe to speak of or any person to speak.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

No because even though the energy is looping back in a figure -eight like pattern it is still always moving "forward" . It would simply appear as the birth of an energy form, the growth of that energy to a peak and then the slowing of that energy to a valley and then repeat.There was never A beginning or A end as separate events but rather both exist at the same time depending on where you are from the highest possible energy to the absolute lowest. In this hourglass like model we would have to change our understanding of the concepts of time like "beginning and ending" to beginning,ending, beginning, ending and if your mind keeps on asking...."yeah but when?' its not getting it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join