It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Epitomizes Why Abortion Is Wrong !

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

That's not what you said earlier.

Please quote my post. I have no idea what you're talking about.

And you are still not protecting their full freedom and choice, all you are doing is saying "you can have an abortion, the way I say you can have an abortion". That's all.

If someone tried to remove their own tonsils, I'd still call 911 to stop them. Your argument has nothing to do with safe and legal abortion.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That's not what you said earlier.

Please quote my post. I have no idea what you're talking about.

And you are still not protecting their full freedom and choice, all you are doing is saying "you can have an abortion, the way I say you can have an abortion". That's all.

If someone tried to remove their own tonsils, I'd still call 911 to stop them. Your argument has nothing to do with safe and legal abortion.

With Obamacare, that just might happen.

it has everything to do with it, because you don't realize how far young women are going with your arguments and support. Safe and legal still doesn't make it right, only convenient.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yeah, yeah, we know. You think abortion is wrong. But making abortion unsafe and dirty isn't going help anything.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

When my wife was about 3 months pregnant with my youngest son, she stood in stood in front of me with a knife in her hand and screamed "I WILL KILL THIS MOTHER F!@#$R RIGHT NOW!!!" She was referring to my son, and all because I forgot to take the trash out that morning

Your wife had no intentions to abort ...... She is fully aware of just which

buttons to press to keep you in line? ..... She was obviously thoroughly peed

off with you tired and overwrought. You mentioned it was your

younger son so she was probably feeling taken for granted? I'll wager forgetting

the trash can was not the only thing you didn't do that day

I think you know that, and therefor it's what I think is called a straw

man argument? ......

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Thank you for your support. Obviously the art of expression isn't my strong point. I know what I want to say, I just have a hard time getting it out in a coherent message. I'm working on it though and I think this site has helped me a lot.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Thank you for your support. Obviously the art of expression isn't my strong point. I know what I want to say, I just have a hard time getting it out in a coherent message. I'm working on it though and I think this site has helped me a lot.

I notice they are diagnosing your wife without knowing her.

I think you express yourself very well, I understood you.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I wonder how the cops would "diagnose" a knife wielding pregnant woman threatening to stab herself in the stomach?

This ideology that pregnant women should not be allowed to make decisions about their own body and future, because pregnancy makes women crazy and are, therefore, incapable of critical thought won't wash! Sorry, that dog won't hunt.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I wonder how the cops would "diagnose" a knife wielding pregnant woman threatening to stab herself in the stomach?

This ideology that pregnant women should not be allowed to make decisions about their own body and future, because pregnancy makes women crazy and are, therefore, incapable of critical thought won't wash! Sorry, that dog won't hunt.

Not to stray too far hear, but you know whats scary? The current trend in pop culture to portray that exact thing. Theres even a term for it now: pregnancy brain. Its been a theme on MANY tv shows over the last 2 years or so.

Pop culture pushing an ideology until its accepted.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Pfft. I haven't seen any of those shows, but I'm not unaware of the mindset. It's either "her delicate state" that's vexing women, or it's "her time of the month"!

Thank goodness we have a bunch of old white men watching out for us, tacking abortion restrictions on motorcycle bills and hiding them at the last minute in budget bills!

edit on 24-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

ive seen it in at least 3 different shows. Its pretty alarming.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Hmm. Now that you mention it, "Modern Family" did take that horse for ride, as I recall.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Hmm. Now that you mention it, "Modern Family" did take that horse for ride, as I recall.

yup that was one of them. How I met your mother did it too.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

OH MY!

Of course I prefer adoption. Of course I would rather see a healthy baby carried to term if at all possible, instead of abortion.

I've always been ANTI ABORTION, I'm just pro choice because I realize that I don't have all the answers and can't expect people to want, need or understand all the things I do.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yeah, but do you watch "Bones"? Temperance Brennan worked it like a boss!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

But again, that body within her body, is not her body. It's the body of someone else. She is simply the biological carrier of that other body.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

But again, that body within her body, is not her body. It's the body of someone else. She is simply the biological carrier of that other body.

A clump of cells is not a body, no matter how hard you people keep trying to call it as such.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: WarminIndy

A clump of cells is not a body, no matter how hard you people keep trying to call it as such.

Umm, yeah.

But technically that's all you are also.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Reality check...

They wouldn't. They'd say 'pics or it didn't happen'. Then probably beat the crap out of me in front of my kids and take me to jail for becoming "combative".

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Not exactly, consciousness is not made up of cells. Fetuses are not conscious.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Not exactly, consciousness is not made up of cells. Fetuses are not conscious.

And you know this how?

This doctor does not agree with you

The Secret Life of the Unborn Child (Thomas Verny, M.D., with John Kelly, Dell Publishing, New York, 1981, 253 pages, paper,

And these doctors do not agree with you

University of Graz Study of Prenatal Associations With Music

A biochemical mechanism for proto-emotional communication between mother and
fetus could underlie strong associations between emotions and sound/movement structures in
all musical cultures. Recent research in developmental psychology of music suggests that
babies are born with sophisticated knowledge of emotional implications of sound and
movement structures. This knowledge appears to be prenatally acquired and conceivably
represents the ultimate basis upon which musical languages emerge and develop.

Prenatally acquired, which means prenatal infants have a conscience, to the point they learn and associate with music.

And this scientific journal does not agree with you.

Twins Interact Before Birth

As published in the October PLoS ONE, the scientists found that fetuses begin reaching toward their neighbors by the 14th week of gestation. Over the following weeks they reduced the num­ber of movements toward themselves and instead reached more frequently toward their counterparts. By the 18th week they spent more time contacting their partners than themselves or the walls of the uterus. Almost 30 percent of their movements were directed toward their prenatal companions. These movements, such as stroking the head or back, lasted longer and were more accurate than self-directed actions, such as touching their own eyes or mouth.

The results suggest that twin fetuses are aware of their counterparts in the womb, that they prefer to interact with them, and that they respond to them in special ways. Contact between them appeared to be planned—not an accidental outcome of spatial proximity, says study co-author Cristina Becchio of Turin. “These findings force us to predate the emergence of social behavior,” she says.

Awareness means consciousness.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join