It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Public School sued over "Under God" in Pledge of Allegiance

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

actually,, i quote

"And this spake he not of himself:
but being high priest that year,
he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;"

being a Christian of course.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
than it is fair to say that the United States of America is a "Christian" nation.

Not really it just means the majority are Christians s. Government and religion should be kept separate.
And unless good comes down and gives his seal of approval to the USA then it is just a nation pretending to be a christian nation.

The beliefs of the individual don't and shouldn't affect the beliefs of then majority.
edit on 24-4-2014 by crazyewok because: Dammed auto spell check!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

than it is fair to say that the United States of America is a "Christian" nation.

Not really it just means the majority are creations. Government and religion should be kept separate.
And unless good comes down and gives his seal of approval to the USA then it is just a nation pretending to be a christian nation.

The beliefs of the individual don't and shouldn't affect the beliefs of then majority.

The Majority of Americans are Christians.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Wrong. Read the U.S. Constitution instead of denying truth and reality. You may find it informative and helpful.

I am very familiar with both. Please show everyone what part of the Constitution of the United States it says 'Endowed by their Creator' as you claimed.

And just in case you 'forgot', this is what you claimed:

As previously posted, the U.S. Constitution says what it says, which is:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident...all men are... endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men."

edit on 24-4-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The Majority of Americans are Christians.

Majority are white. Does it make it a white nation?

Majority does not mean anything. It just means then Majority of individuals have Christian as some form of personal belief system.

You government should be secular keeping religion as a separate personal thing. Unless god comes down and gives the USA its seal of approval. Otherwise the USA is no more gods nation than any other!

Plus the USA is a republic not a democracy. The majority means F all.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: crazyewok

actually,, i quote

"And this spake he not of himself:
but being high priest that year,
he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;"

being a Christian of course.

Erm does it mention the USA? No.....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Not really it just means the majority are creations. Government and religion should be kept separate.

Please read the 1802 Treaty of Tripoli signed by President Adams wherein he emphatically denies that America says or ever will be a nation founded on Christianity. For the US to be a Christian nation. You keep harping about, we would have to do away with the 1st amendment which prohibits a state religion or state sponsored wired religion.

edit on 24-4-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

"We hold these truths to be self-evident...all men are... endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men."

The above quote is from the Declaration of Independence, not the United States Constitution. It would help if you actually knew this.

Wrong. Read the U.S. Constitution instead of denying truth and reality. You may find it informative and helpful.

Then for the umpteenth time, because I've asked repeatedly, cite where in the constitution it states what you claim. You won't because it DOES NOT.

U.S. Constitution: Article. VII. / Paragraph 3 /“in the Year of our Lord

Mods if this is a violation of T&C I apologize in advance-

Rickynews are you F ing high or are you suffering from a seizure? Lets read the text of article 7 and discuss your utter lack of reading comprehension.

Article VII states( and by the way super patriot there is no clause 2 let alone 3 of article 7)-

The Ratification of the Conventions of nine States, shall be sufficient for the Establishment of this Constitution between the States so ratifying the Same.[1]

Maybe I need a new lens prescription for my glasses but I'm to seeing anything that you are claiming. Care to try again?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
Maybe I need a new lens prescription for my glasses but I'm to seeing anything that you are claiming. Care to try again?

What he is quoting is the attestation of William Jackson who was Secretary to the Convention and was tasked with witnessing the signing of the Constitution by the Convention delegates and who then affixed this phrase to show he had witnessed the signers making their mark:

Attest William Jackson Secretary

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names..

This was then followed by the signatures of the entire Constitutional Convention Delegates.

This is the problem when people do not read and understand what they are posting.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It says " in the year of our Lord". They all signed it, even if some were atheists, they signed off on language that included reference to "our Lord".

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

It says " in the year of our Lord". They all signed it, even if some were atheists, they signed off on language that included reference to "our Lord".

Two things.

First, this is not the quote you kept insisting was in the Constitution and was actually in the Declaration.

Second, the phrase 'in the year of our Lord' is a euphemism and not a religious connotation. Is anyone who walks into a building that has 'AD 1910' cast in the cornerstone a Christian?

Stop being absurd with your premises.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Did god sign it?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Did god sign it?

If you are such a devout Atheist, then why ask a rhetorical question about a God that you claim doesn't exist?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

If you are such a devout Atheist, then why ask a rhetorical question about a God that you claim doesn't exist?

Actually Im a Christian

I just think its a insult to god to insinuate he favors anyone nation and there petty wars.

As far as im concerned he favors individual Christians (or at least SOME) and unless he states over wise he certainly doesn't favor nations.
edit on 24-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Actually its right there ,, in the opening part,,

and secure the blessings,,of Liberty.

"A blessing (also used to refer to bestowing of such) is the infusion of something with holiness, spiritual redemption, divine will, or one's hope or approval."

"The words Blessing(s), Blessed, and Bless are mentioned over 200 times in the Bible."

opps thats a CAPITAL B

as in Blessings,,

You can check if u want.

Hope that helps

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
Actually its right there ,, in the opening part,,

Sorry, no. Liberty is not God so trying to secure the blessings of liberty is not securing the blessings of God.

Try again.

And since you seem to keep forgetting what you claimed:

originally posted by: rickynews

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Actually Im a Christian

I just think its a insult to god to insinuate he favors anyone nation and there petty wars.

As far as im concerned he favors individual Christians (or at least SOME) and unless he states over wise he certainly doesn't favor nations.

Fair enough, but many Christians and Jews and Muslims believe that God does indeed bless certain nations, and has condemned others - Babylon and Eqypt in World history immediately come to mind.
In any case, May God continue to Bless The United States of America.
edit on 24-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

I would think the Atheists gringe at this song, which is taught to children across America's Public Schools...

"While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer. "

God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God Bless America, My home sweet home.
God Bless America, My home sweet home.
edit on 24-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Fair enough, but many Christians and Jews and Muslims believe that God does indeed bless certain nations

Doesn't make it true.

In the bible if he blesses a nation he explicitly states it. Last time I checked no modern country is listed as "blessed".

, and has condemned others - Babylon and Eqypt in World history immediately come to mind.

And in those instances he has stated clearly his purpose.

Again no mention of the USA.

See above.

There is no evidence god has "blessed" the USA to begin with.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Fair enough, but many Christians and Jews and Muslims believe that God does indeed bless certain nations

Doesn't make it true.

In the bible if he blesses a nation he explicitly states it. Last time I checked no modern country is listed as "blessed".

, and has condemned others - Babylon and Eqypt in World history immediately come to mind.

And in those instances he has stated clearly his purpose.

Again no mention of the USA.

See above.

There is no evidence god has "blessed" the USA to begin with.

As the United States of America is the greatest nation on the face of the earth, I'll take that as a blessing. Maybe its just me though...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join