It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Congressman on Obamacare: The Worst Is Yet to Come, It’s ‘Going to Hit the Fan’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: xuenchen

Well, the good congressman is wrong in one thing:

he said, will be “the first time in this country’s history that we have actually taxed health care.” - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

That tax is already here.
I see it every month on my premium payment invoice for Obamacare.
And, it's a goodly size tax: about 10% of the total premium....not just the part I actualy pay after my subsidy.

I don't want to take this off topic but can you please expand? What tax? I was clearly told I would not be taxed - I made them answer me on this and the lady was emphatic about saying "no tax". They did however read a statement at the end - if what I make in 2014 (filed in 2015) exceeds what I put down for my 2013 income (filed in 2014) I may receive a tax bill. I was so burnt out I didn't even care anymore. It took 6 hours to get this done.

Does anyone get the feeling they decided one day, "let's just do it and see what happens - wing it". None of these people understands what the other is doing - at least during my time signing up. The website was threatened again this weekend. They knew my entire life history after putting my social in - I get that but it was strange how instant it was, and the fact this site doesn't seem too secure.

Maybe their site will get hacked big time. Then they will break their own HIPAA laws. I suppose it depends on how much info they will have on healthcare.org but this whole thing is surreal. I don't like that the DHS can look at my medical file, and when it was too late to turn back I realized there is something really wrong with this whole thing. There were a ton of red flags along the way.
edit on 22-4-2014 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

"Yes We Can Screw You Over" was the actual motto, some forgot to read the small print.

Makes me sick, this whole thing does.

edit on 22-4-2014 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

He's referring to the "Cadillac" Tax on high priced policies.

And there's a bunch more ...

• 40% Excise Tax "Cadillac" on high-end Premium Health Insurance Plans 2018

• An annual $63 fee levied by ObamaCare on all plans (decreased each year until 2017 when pre-existing conditions are eliminated) to help pay for insurance companies covering the costs of high-risk pools.

Full List of ObamaCare Taxes

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Obama said. Obama said !!!!!

Obama Says It's NOT a Tax

ROFLOL

Now for FUN with the English language. Hey Kids -- is it or isn't it a tax increase. If it's not, then the SCOTUS was wrong -- if it is, then the Prez is lying. You tell me.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Now for FUN with the English language. Hey Kids -- is it or isn't it a tax increase. If it's not, then the SCOTUS was wrong -- if it is, then the Prez is lying. You tell me.

the ACA/Obamacare was sanitized to be a 'TAX'... because IF it was a 'Mandate'... that implies that the White House Furher ordered/decreed everyone to have health coverage as the Law-of-the-land under the Order of the Dictator...Or Else
so the SCOTUS chose to classify the ACA=(obamacare) as a 'TAX' instead of a Mandate ( Decree) by a supreme Leader with ultimate Dictatorial power

it's all word games and BS to lull the masses into non-action & capitulation

this Quote was not included in my response...
"Now for FUN with the English language. Hey Kids -- is it or isn't it a tax increase. If it's not, then the SCOTUS was wrong -- if it is, then the Prez is lying. You tell me."

Whats' up with that? That was the essence for my response...

edit on nd30139821110422582014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

We need to start looking at what ever Obama says or said as Orwellian double speak . With MSNBC CNN mainstream media as being branches of the Ministry of truth .

war is peace
love is hate
Its not a tax yes it is
you can keep your Dr. no you cant
Nsa isnt collecting email phone bank transaction oh yes they are
ect

George tried to warn us (I dont mean Bush)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Thank you. What the lady from healthcare.gov could not answer is why they would charge me extra if my taxes a year later are more than those that determined my premium. It feels a bit like toying with us. Basically - the government is paying for all of these subsidies (which means we are/will be). It's not a secure thing at all - god knows what will happen at tax time next year. No one at that hotline nor the insurance companies seem to understand that part of it - and do an awful lot of script reading (have clearly been told what to say). Not their fault as they are being kept in the dark too.

Red flags I noticed:

Hacked twice now.
Was sent a barcode after putting all my info in. The was acting up, but why a bar code? I should print and scan that thing.
Have your entire life history (why do they have and need all past addresses, work history, and where I went to grade school).
Have to tell them it's ok to have the DHS, social security, and the IRS access to what appears to be your entire healthcare file.
Wanted information on all persons living in my household - social security numbers included. It was optional and its a good thing as I would have turned back at that one for sure (sacrifice self but not others).
Asked about my child repeatedly - even though I wasn't signing him up.
Told "it is a tax credit and not a new tax". I don't trust this after the statement read at the end of this ordeal.

It isn't anything they couldn't otherwise access but it made me realize how much they already know about us and how they want to know more. There was no fine print. I agreed that the DHS, etc could have access and have to assume that ends when I cancel my contact with them. If they don't tell you otherwise you go with basic law on those things. I'll probably not resign up when everyone has to at years end. Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness

We need to start looking at what ever Obama says or said as Orwellian double speak . With MSNBC CNN mainstream media as being branches of the Ministry of truth .

war is peace
love is hate
Its not a tax yes it is
you can keep your Dr. no you cant
Nsa isnt collecting email phone bank transaction oh yes they are
ect

George tried to warn us (I dont mean Bush)

That's it.

I *Always* consider the opposite when listening to Obama & Co.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

On my monthly statement. which is itemized....it lists previous balance, payments, then this line
"federal & state taxes & current fees" and an amount that is about 12% of the actual premium.
Then the current charges [premium] and "advance premium tax credit" [subsidy]

Now, when I went to value penguin, the premium amount equals the "tax" and the "premium" as listed on my statement.
But, the statement breaks it down....it's not all premium....and I have NO CLUE who gets that money.

I am having HUGE issues with my policy....involving many calls, over two and a half months and many, many hours on the phone with BCBS and .gov, some of them three-way calls.
It's been my experience that you can get three different answers talking to three different people.
That they will tell you it will be fixed by the next bill..
They will blame each other.
They will tell you conflicting stories.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I like Lynch, he's left of center... one of a handful remaining in the Democrat party. Leftists don't like Obamacare because it's a handout to corporate health ... we just didn't lose our fricken common sense over it.
edit on 4/24/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Imagine in 2016 when this beast kicks in and the Feds stop QE3, it's going to cause a massive economic collapse just as planned to bring in the new world currency.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

Imagine in 2016 when this beast kicks in and the Feds stop QE3, it's going to cause a massive economic collapse just as planned to bring in the new world currency.

THAT,

just might the plan !!!

No wonder all the delays.

When those start kicking in when the *Timing* is just right, we all need to get prepared.

[ looking at job ads in Mesquite, NV ]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join