It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Congressman on Obamacare: The Worst Is Yet to Come, It’s ‘Going to Hit the Fan’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well another Democrat says Obama.Care is going to get worse.

This one is U.S. Representative Stephen Lynch (D,MA)

He had a lot to say about what will be happening.

In fairness, Rep. Lynch was in Congress when the PPACA vote happened.

He is one of the very few Democrats that voted NO !!!

I guess he must have read the damn thing eh.

Massachusetts representative Stephen Lynch isn’t just worried about the negative impact Obamacare will have on his party’s performance this fall — he also thinks its worst effects on our health-care system are still to come. Lynch, who voted against the Affordable Care Act in 2010, warned that the situation is “going to hit the fan” when the law’s delayed provisions go into effect down the road.

“There are parts of Obamacare, or the Affordable Care Act, that were postponed because they are unpalatable,” he told the Boston Herald. The “Cadillac tax” that goes into effect in a few years and taxes employer health plans over a certain value, he said, will be “the first time in this country’s history that we have actually taxed health care.”

Dem Congressman on Obamacare: The Worst Is Yet to Come, It’s ‘Going to Hit the Fan’

U.S. Rep Stephen Lynch talks ObamaCare on Boston Herald Radio

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have always wondered who thought it was a great idea to DISCOURAGE great health care plans by taxing them.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

simple explanation of Obamacare : the HMO's were gonna go bankrupt under the weight of millions of aging couch potatoes who eat poisoned and GMO'd food. So, the govt had to force young people (those who currently dont want/need health ins because they wont use it) to buy it. In turn, basically it is making the young pay for healthcare of the older Americans (those that had way more opportunity, better pay, etc.)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Lynch, who voted against the Affordable Care Act in 2010, warned that the situation is “going to hit the fan”

What!! Like it hasn't hit the fan already for millions of people. This is not encouraging. Couple that with democrats being cautioned not to talk about the "economic recovery" going into the midterms and things just keep getting better and better.

Looks like at least one democrat with hold onto his job. I think the big plan here is to drive most of the nation onto medicaid and then tax the really rich peoples Cadillac plans and anyone who opts out.

This whole thing was a miserable plan from the git-go.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

What did I tell you.....

Every day when I come on here, there is more discouraging news regarding Obamacare
It is getting so ridiculous!!!
And starting to get a little scary to think what might happen on down the road when the rest goes into affect

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Yup.

I for one believe all those delays will backfire.

They put them in place to make the ultimate damage bigger.

They will pool the delays into a big firecracker and light the fuse.

Very dangerous.

Get prepared.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

You think if the power balance swings the other way in the mid terms, there is hope in this mega #hit pile of lies to get scrapped???

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: teslahowitzer

You think if the power balance swings the other way in the mid terms, there is hope in this mega #hit pile of lies to get scrapped???

Scraped maybe not because of all 1 or 2 of the possible good things it has.

But sensible changes and amendments would be probable for sure.

this scenario might make a difference;

---U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 7, clause 2 & 3

"Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States: If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law."

Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill.

It's Possible

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

completely unfundable and non sustainable...full of turns, twists, and literal doom even for standard healthy people, I cannot see this as a long term issue...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Well, the good congressman is wrong in one thing:

he said, will be “the first time in this country’s history that we have actually taxed health care.” - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

That tax is already here.
I see it every month on my premium payment invoice for Obamacare.
And, it's a goodly size tax: about 10% of the total premium....not just the part I actualy pay after my subsidy.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

Well, that may be true in part.
But many Americans, such as myself, will not be going to the doctor or buying any prescriptions unless there is no way to avoid seeing a doctor....like a broken arm or a heart attack.

With the ghastly huge deductibles before anything is covered...who in hell can afford to see a doctor after paying the big premiums

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The very fact that parts of this bill were (unconstitutionally) delayed is very telling of what kind of impact they will have on the American public. Another tell is that these delays (especially the particularly bad ones) all seem to be set back AFTER the November election this year. If you hate Obamacare now, just wait until next year or the year afterwards. I hope none of you enjoy keeping your paycheck each week.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
OBAMACARE SUCKS!

I heard the ACA is good.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

I heard that it is just as bad.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Working as designed except for one, tiny detail - it's happening too damn fast so that they can't collapse it and then claim it was someone else's fault, but we can always save you with single payer.

Everyone's too POd at them right now. Oh, well, maybe it'll all crash and the health care market will have to correct to what it should have always been - namely, payable by the average citizen.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nothing has been done to correct the runaway prices of medical care and prescriptions, nevermind the lawsuits.
This is simply not sustainable.
And, single payer won't work either until and unless costs are contained.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The problem with that is that they'll try price controls first, and those never work, not as advertised. They'll cause shortages which will lead to rationing. If you can remember the gas lines of the '70s, think about that when you need something to save your life.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

So what would the possible solution be?
The prices are out of control crazy.
Even going single payer won't make that better.

Rationing is already here.
With a $6350 per year deductible.....when would YOU go see someone?
That is individual rationing.
IMHO.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

So what would the possible solution be?
The prices are out of control crazy.
Even going single payer won't make that better.

Rationing is already here.
With a $6350 per year deductible.....when would YOU go see someone?
That is individual rationing.
IMHO.

A full on market correction. Health care is in its own bubble just like housing. The bubble needs to burst and the market needs to correct. It's been priced out of the reach of pretty much everyone who uses it because we've been forced to go through gatekeepers - either our insurance companies or the government. Health care is priced accordingly. Whom do you think has deeper pockets - you or I or the average insurance company or the government? The market is priced to what it will bear, and what it will bear is being paid by the big insurance companies and the government.

This was all started when the government instituted wage controls and employers started offering insurance as a job benefit to lure in and keep top talent. People started expecting health insurance as part of their job, and we lost touch with what health care actually costs and stopped paying it directly, expecting our insurer middleman to do it instead. Meanwhile, the market started pricing into the pockets of insurance companies who can afford to pay much more than any private citizen ever could.

Now, I'm not saying that removing all but catastrophic insurance will miraculously make all health care cheap, but it will drastically reduce a lot of costs. People used to just expect that they would pay for child birth or a broken bone out of pocket to say nothing of routine care unless they were terribly destitute.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is just my opinion!

Obamacare (otherwise known as "I screwed America") has about 2.5 million actually enrolled.

The people that lost their insurance with the inception of Obamacare (otherwise known as "I hate America, so I started Obamacare") still don't have insurance.

The hospital where I work has seen an increase of @100% in people coming in with no insurance. (We don't turn anyone away)

They don't pay.

1 out of every 5 people coming in has NO INSURANCE! But they get treated.

So why pay huge premiums?

Obamacare (otherwise known as the "Death To America Program") is/has ruined the healthcare industry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join