It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Reported Killed In East Ukraine Following Ultra-nationalist Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here I am enjoying my Easter weekend, happy with the knowledge that the Geneva talks went better than expected.

A de-escalation in Ukraine, pfffft it only lasted a little longer than a weekend.

What we can look forward to now, is firstly the blame game, then threats (more sanctions) Who is behind the attacks determines the next step in this saga.

www.zerohedge.com...

Another link
www.reuters.com...

So if this is not merely another attempt at provocation and indeed the attackers' cars were captured and can be provided as evidence, and it can be verified that it was indeed Ukraine elements who were in breach of the now clearly null and void Geneva agreement, this may just be the escalation that Putin, who last week admitted for the first time the massing of Russian forces at the Ukraine border, will be free and clear to finally roll the tanks across the border purely with intentions to "protect" a "separatists" population which is clearly now targeted by its own government.
edit on 20-4-2014 by keenasbro because: to omit txt

edit on 20-4-2014 by keenasbro because: omit txt

edit on 20-4-2014 by keenasbro because: to add link

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
After the progress in the recent Geneva talks, if things go tits up now it'll be a shame,

I think both sides "In Ukraine" knowing the big players decisions/moves, are using it as an excuse to let out some steam before things improve... Now is the time to send in UN peace keepers, if the UN cannot do this then we risk more escalation IMO, nobody wants to see civil war in the East of Ukraine

edit on 20-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
After the progress in the recent Geneva talks, if things go tits up now it'll be a shame,

I think both sides knowing the big players moves, are using it as an excuse to let out some steam... Now is the time to send in UN peace keepers, if the UN cannot do this then we risk more escalation, nobody wants to see civil war in the East of Ukraine

It would seem, the Anti-separatist, (western backed by the way) Wan't any effort of peace stopped...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl

I think both sides knowing the big players moves, are using it as an excuse to let out some steam... Now is the time to send in UN peace keepers, if the UN cannot do this then we risk more escalation, nobody wants to see civil war in the East of Ukraine

It would seem, the Anti-separatist, (western backed by the way) Wan't any effort of peace stopped...

Is there any proof of this?

Other than this

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Is there any proof of this?

Other than this

The western powers seem to be doing everything to be antagonistic in their actions, I wonder if this stems from the recent visit from the CIA director John Brennan to Kiev...

A bit interesting things would heat up after that.

ETA:

Russia didn't escalate this, the EU did with its demands.

Always remember all propaganda has two sides.

And history, tends to prove that fact, Turkey missiles = Cuban missiles, etc.

Escalation is the way of MAD.
edit on 20-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

What a surprise. No one could had expected that to happen.
Russia will not allow the presence of the UN army, because unlike many other countries, they are smart and actually powerful. It's so obvious what's the west intention. They want to get their troops all the way to Russian borders, and of course, Russia will not allow that.
I mean, do you all remember why did the cold war started in the first place?

And you mean, the neo-nazis right?
edit on 20-4-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This seems to be the case on both sides imho, I don't think it is healthy when the pro Russian side now have a "self appointed leader" = another egotistical nut job to add to the problem.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenasbro

This seems to be the case on both sides imho, I don't think it is healthy when the pro Russian side now have a "self appointed leader" = another egotistical nut job to add to the problem.

I believe I was clear, two sides, every story.

Propaganda is getting thick.

US has no interest beyond a treaty violation that had NO penalty attached for violations.

Ukraine's a NON NATO country and it could be argued that the terms of the original agreement that allowed for disarmament was violated BY the EU first by making those demands in the first place.

In a nuclear age, Clear heads, and reasonable people are needed.

Not Hyperbole and Rhetoric, which is flying on all sides,

Whats alarming is the side I had always assumed to be reasonable on these matters seems to be going head long into escalation.

The height of insanity.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Perhaps it's ignorance but the west has been calling for Russia to stop its meddling in the East, Russia agreed

This means All Ukraine had to do is clean up the remaining small groups or separatists

This is clearly a move from the separatists to coax in Russian support after it was clearly dropped in Geniva

For this to be a Ukrianian government or western powers move would be utterly senseless, it doesn't add up, it is either a revenge attack from Ukraine's pro EU movement, Russian special forces, or separatists trying to coax Moscow back in

These attacks do not in anyway aid the wests case in Ukraine, they serve to destabilise once more after the recent agreement in Geniva

I am disappointed with people intelligence and logic tbh...

Anyway, just for the Lolz

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Apparently the "self-appointed" mayor of the town has pleaded with Putin to either send in peacekeepers or send them weapons....so basically an invite for Russia to move in and take control.

I can't see the situation getting any better over there, not before it gets a lot worse.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This Professor Cohen knows his stuff.

First time I've heard such a sober and rational analysis of the situation in Ukraine from someone from the US.

Dare I ask how wide his point of view is known or even televised?
edit on 20-4-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
Apparently the "self-appointed" mayor of the town has pleaded with Putin to either send in peacekeepers or send them weapons....so basically an invite for Russia to move in and take control.

I can't see the situation getting any better over there, not before it gets a lot worse.

And that is exactly what they wanted...

These latest developments benefit nobody other than Russia and it's separatists

It serves to keep the tensions very much alive, which is not what Kiev or the west wanted hence the Geniva talks

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You mean coup leader?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It appears these people may be heading for a civil war.Nearly 150 years later and there's still bad feelings about our civil war.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
It appears these people may be heading for a civil war.Nearly 150 years later and there's still bad feelings about our civil war.

When pro Russian forces are mainly Russian citizens / Russian military forces, how does one arrive at the term civil war? A civil war is an internal conflict. This conflict in Ukraine is not internal, it has Russian military forces involved. Putin stated this on tv. The green guys in Crimea with no insignias were Russian military units. We see the same units in the south and east of Ukraine.

that's not a civil war...

that's an invasion of a sovereign nation by another.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Luckily Russia is too big to be a walkover or else we know what might have happened.

Time for Russia to step in properly and tell those westies to eff off.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

do you mean like this;

www.google.com...=_&imgd ii=_&imgrc=nmcqV4SfhF-18M%253A%3BK76gpyTTjtggEM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fekladata.com%252FgZ4upAZK1xkkuS0j8egbUlM9K_8.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fsans-langue -de-bois.eklablog.fr%252Fukraine-les-nazis-cheris-de-l-union-europeenne-a106612190%3B550%3B367

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
that's not a civil war...

that's an invasion of a sovereign nation by another.

I am not denying that Ukraines territorial integrity was indeed violated , but we know Ukraine is deeply divided, historically and politically.

And when both sides of an internal divide are supported by opposing outside forces... we call it a proxy war.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I was merely repeating how it was reported on BBC News, although I do tend to agree with them. He was claiming to be the mayor, there was no vote, therefore self-appointed....unless they flipped a coin, rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock or something else to decide who sat in the chair.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I was merely repeating how it was reported on BBC News, although I do tend to agree with them. He was claiming to be the mayor, there was no vote, therefore self-appointed....unless they flipped a coin, rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock or something else to decide who sat in the chair.

'self-appointed', sound so familiar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join