It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we attract what we don't want? An answer pointing to a higher power.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The Broken Law of Attraction

Why do we attract what we don't want? That doesn't happen all the time, or as often anymore in society, but I was wondering about that today. It is part of the Law of Attraction, in fact, according to "The Secret," that focusing on something we don't want will actually bring it closer.

However I am talking about one specific aspect of that: the aspect where when we want something, we don't get it, and when we don't want something, we do.

What I am going to propose is that this is not the natural state of humanity, and is, in fact, a kind of mechanism placed on us to chain down our capabilities.

Modified Manifestation

Let's talk about manifesting for a second. A lot of people take to the belief that manifesting is just "wishing" for something and getting it without effort. Well, I don't subscribe to that philosophy for two reasons: It is not my style, and I also think that it could violate karma.

However, there is another form of manifestation that is very close to that first form - what you do is, you visualize something in your mind, write it down, and then get there. After a lot of practice, what really happens is, you begin to learn how to think critically and problem-solve. The visuals are important because you have to be able to imagine and manipulate variables that aren't directly in front of you.

So let's say I want coffee, well, I decide to get in my car and go buy some, and there it is! That is manifestation, in my opinion, and it is entirely possible to take that idea to anywhere.

Cause-and-Effect

Something happens when you do this kind of thing - you begin to see that the values given to you by religions and society are not really useful, because they don't tell you anything about what to do in any kind of situation you might find yourself in - in fact, they are mostly meant to limit your perspective and experiences. But you also discover that there are useful pieces of wisdom that do help one manifest in this fashion without harming others or themselves. You can probably see the problem here that arises from having unlimited manifestation power -

It can take a lot of character to be able to use it in a fashion that doesn't come back to bite you, or others, see.

The Conspiracy

What I started to realize tonight was that a lot of Western religions are built on confusing people's cause-and-effect mechanisms to make it so that when they try to manifest something, they do it in an unhealthy manner. Basically, religion seems to be made for the direct and exclusive purpose of breaking people's ability to manifest.

This is going to be hard to follow, so pay attenton: it is almost as if religion is made to exclusively chain down humanities positive manifestation power, or manifestation power at all.

The Ramifications

There are ramifications to this. For one, it means that humans have a great deal of manifestation power that is recognized by someone, or something, as a real trait - not some fantasy trait but a real trait - look at the difference between humans and animals - humans are able to manifest new technology to the point where it gets ridiculous compared to animals, which admittedly do have it in limited proportions.

So this is almost direct proof of some kind of DNA additive or some kind of intervention at some point from something not native to Earth, you might think that sounds crazy, but the behavior of humans vs. animals when it comes to creating culture indicates otherwise.

Look around you in whatever room you are in. What have humans made in that room? What about animals? There is your empirical test, with a high degree of significance, I imagine. Now consider that the mechanism humans have that allows for creation is patently not discussed.

The second ramification: Someone knows about this, and they are using religion as a way to chain down the manifestation power for some reason, which could realy be anything. This means that, for one, there is a group out there that knows more than we are being told about history, and for another, that they are in charge of Western religion.

A Footnote

At its core, religion is actually something much different than what is practiced.
edit on 20amSun, 20 Apr 2014 01:23:36 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Epic thread. Preach on, brotha'!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm on my phone, so will make this brief- I hope I can still be clear.

It is plausible hypothesis. My first thought was that there is a market for religion and it's dis empowering effect. Though we may all share an innate draw towards power, we can also feel intimidated by the prospect of wielding it ourselvea, not confident in our abilities to channel and use it in a responsible and safe manner.
So we prefer to hand it over to another entity, and focus on them, be drawn to them and experiencing it through them.

I suggest that religions serve this purpose, so they do not make any attempt towards personal empowerment because their "clients" come to them for exactly the opposite.

That said, the personal dis empowerment needs of the millions can be profitable source for any sort of intent!

Us conspiracy theorists should consider that- a group (a government, etc.) Could profit greatly from a large number of people believing they have an enormous power despite clear evidence of that. Their belief in (projection of) power may actually make that become true when it wasn't before!
edit on 20-4-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I've had similar thoughts and feelings about this subject for many years.
Thanks for having the ability to put it into words, Something I wasn't able to do.

Thanks again

Jml

Reply was to OP.

edit on 20-4-2014 by JustMeLiverpool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

It is an interesting post indeed. You are on the right track and on the same time you are not. Ah it is a subject so fascinating and so complex, it would require much writing, too much hassle in my opinion, to try to explain so a phenomenon to people that wont understand it anyways.

Karma aside - which i dont adhere to, a belief like religion, is again too convenient for humankind - i do think you are correct in saying that "someone" knows about this phenomenon and uses it to his advantages to better control the masses. After all it has a certain potential and even if you totally ignore its mechanisms, it will still work as long as you do whats required which are: intention, focus, vizualisation and faith. In fact i will go as far as saying that this phenomenon, is what was and is used by magic(k) practitionners, real magic no the fake ass BS prestidigitation. But im sorry to say that it doesnt have anything to do with DNA. Even animals can do it. The difference between animals and humans, is that they are content with what nature gave them and dont have the vicious urges that humans got to put their hands on everything they can, even if it destroys it. You are fooling yourself if you think that only humans can "manifest".

This phenomenon is closely related to instincts and "passive" wisdom and knowing, and by the way, animals are way closer to this power than are humans.

You might have made the most important thread on ats, without knowing it. I find this amusing. Its always amusing when someone stumbles over the Truth (a little bit of it in this case) without having a clue and then walk on as if nothing happened or the wrong direction. Really funny. But i digress this is not directed to you in particular. You made a very pertinent post, even if its full of holes.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: _damon

You might have made the most important thread on ats, without knowing it. I find this amusing. Its always amusing when someone stumbles over the Truth (a little bit of it in this case) without having a clue and then walk on as if nothing happened or the wrong direction. Really funny. But i digress this is not directed to you in particular. You made a very pertinent post, even if its full of holes.

Thank you. I am glad you can see what I was trying to get at. I am definitely aware of the importance of this thread although I don't expect many others are, and I don't even think that I am fully aware. If someone like you or others come along and read what I wrote and understand it, I'm sure they understand the implications, and might even see other directions it could go in.

A lot of what I wrote was based on at least dozens of previous posts and probably hundreds of essays I have written in the past, so I could probably reconstruct the whole logical argument, of which this is a part, and it would be quite complex.

I did begin to suspect that this was the basis of Magic use, thanks for affirming that. I also did expect the thread to have some holes, I agree with what you mentioned to correct it, thank you, I decided to write it the best I knew.

edit on 20amSun, 20 Apr 2014 05:37:50 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 20amSun, 20 Apr 2014 05:42:21 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 20amSun, 20 Apr 2014 05:42:52 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: _damon

I believe my first ramification is a bit weak, and you provided a good rebuttal for that. Although I like the second ramification, you added to that well.
edit on 20amSun, 20 Apr 2014 05:41:37 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

i can give you a lead. I think you will find this very interesting: link

Dont let the site's name fool you. This guy made a real potent discovery (more like connecting dots but still). Although he is not aware of its real potential, he chooses to focus on healing cancer primarly. But it is definitely what you have been looking for, if i guessed right.

The WOB or wisdom of the body is the name of the phenomenon that we are talking about. It could be another name for the unconscious or not, cannot be sure if they are the same. It must also be related to the collective unconscious and even the noosphere, it is really a vast subject, probably a fundamental existential Truth to the reason of Life and its secret. The ramifications are just countless. I will let you judge for yourself.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: _damon

Thanks for the lead, I will check it out.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I have will had much success with positive manifestation and yes negativity certainly will attract negativity or the things we dont want per say. I think the universe operates in a more complex Q & A than just answering a "Wish" One may get something they didnt ask for only to find it was an alternate route to what they wanted, of which was a needed path in order "See the signs" or gain an understanding as to why. That is of course if the one asking is doing so under a driven purpose or a real "Wish" or simply an obsessed thought in which that could cause unwanted ramifications, I believe some dont even have a real understanding to what they ask for nor do they realize they are doing it and therefor see a series of events which happen to them that of which are often deemed as bad luck, they then begin to consistently believe "Bad Luck" is just their nature. The Term "If I didnt have bad luck, I wouldnt have any luck at all" can become a never ending curse if one doesnt break the cycle with a positive force from within.
edit on 20-4-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Also to add, Notice how some people just have a real healthy financial lifestyle? Think money and receive money. Believe you have no worries and money will flow your way is a mental exorcise that CAN prove itself if one truly believes in it. Ever heard Snoop dog say "Got my mind on my money and my money on my mind" Now one might get this through a new job that comes their way or an educational potential which will bring income increase. Determination also plays a large part of lifes success.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

"Self-defeating" behavior is a fairly well understood psychological disorder. Religion need not be touched upon for an explanation.

If you wish to claim that the effect is not within the person but seems to come from "out there" ganging up on the person, then we need to enlarge the concept to include a quantum universe where intent (as a self-defeating desire of the brain in this case) causes negative feedback from the universe in various ways.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

S&F'd --thanks for making the topic, i'll be using it as a reference point

what you were saying back there about "someone knows about this stuff and uses it to control us" (hehe)

i think you might get something out of this topic (try to watch the movie Dune also, both the smithee and studio-canal version, if you haven't already?)

there should be a few other reference points in that topic too?, try to follow them when you've got the time, we are all hunting the same unicorn, i'd like to ramble more about this stuff just here, but it's kinda like morpheus says, people have to see it & understand it all for themselves, the link is enough to do most peoples heads in, enjoy

hey you ..you're probably the first person around these parts i've 99% agreed with, thanks for taking the time to point out some of those things back there, i'd send you a voucher for a free car wash if i had one

edit on 20-4-2014 by UNIT76 because: chitchat

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: _damon

If you can perceive the truth, then there is nothing else to do but keep on walking along. A little wink or thumbs up to the one who has stumbled is fine.

edit on 20-4-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Organized religion, especially organized Western Religions seems to have two main purposes: control and confusion. The early bible canon omitted many books for the simple reason of control... the Gnostic texts are a prime example. Seeking Christ from whithin, Gnostics had no need for clergy... no clergy meant no control of the faithful... and that is but one example. When individuals practiced Christianity that fell outside of the church doctrine, they were "questioned" in a most "inquisitive" manner...

That confusion is only amplified in the modern world... how many believe that you will go to hell for not believing exactly as they do? How many still die every day in the name of organized religion?

I have faith that there is a creator, a God, if you will... I just don't buy the official narrative any longer...

S&F

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I always find topics like this intriguing in a general sense.

IN that, I don't think so much that it points to a metaphysical aspect at all.

Simply an aspect of consciousness relating to quantum physics, Observation creates reality, it effects it in a real tangible way.

Philosophy and religion I feel, try to personify that in some way, taking millennial of anecdotal evidence of the mechanics of reality and trying to quantify it before the scientific method gave it form.

none of which negates or proves a higher power, just speculative thought on the matter.

Research the Conscious Observer in quantum mechanics,

To me that concept shows insight into something "biblical"

"And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

That spark of Consciousness, could of been what that refers to in allegory.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

agree wholeheartedly.

Only Fear and Laziness stop us from manifesting dreams or ideas into reality.

imho, if we want something, then we just need to do it,
and we don't expect anything out of it (not everything works according to hope or plan, so accept whatever result is),
and more importantly, we don't get attached to the result (so more creativity and idea will come).

honestly, although i can talk big like that… but when it comes to relationship…. i suck

peace
edit on 20-4-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I was wrecking my mind with this subject for so long...in vein. Until I finally realized that you cannot conceive something with your mind which is inconceivable by your mind. Many people "think" that they are their mind but that is not true. It's just small part of our our overall being, maybe even not a part of our being but just some kind of parasite attached to our being. So it is very hard for that little part to be fully aware of the whole. Anyway, to get back to the subject: The so called Law of Attraction, or maybe better to name it The Power of Manifestation is real, but we are not ready for it. I think it was very well explained in the novel and movie "The Sphere". We are sum of many parts and that are not in cohesion... First we need to become aware of ourselves in the first place and than the world around us (although that's the same thing).

But yes, there are powerful forces that don't want us to become aware, to evolve. Sadly, their job is not so difficult unfortunately...
edit on 20-4-2014 by alomaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So then, to what do you attribute the ever present fear of "The Man" that pervades many layers of society? Is that not just as obstructive to an individual's ability to think, self-realize and achieve as any religion?

I think in many ways we are our own worst enemy. We construct our own barriers to success and lay the blame on them when the only ones building those fences are ourselves. Yes, there are some external barriers, but in the vast majority of cases where some outside agency is blamed for a person's lack of ability to get ahead, the blame also lies inside themselves.
edit on 20-4-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I've read in numerous articles that the law of attraction is founded upon positive thinking. It is also stated that negativity tends to attract faster than positive. They say things you don't want tend to attract at a faster rate because we tend to think on the negative rather than the positive. So my question is this, what if I just attach a negative modifier (i.e. don't) to a thing I actually want. Will that thing that I want actually come faster if I apply this modifier to it?

I have heard people say 'I'm never going to be like my father' and they turn into them. They applied a negative to their affirmation and that negative brought these traits out.

I am actually going to test this theory. I've written down 5 things I want but I've modified it with a negative. (I don't want to dance - This is not my actual wish because I can dance, but only a example). I'm going to do this for a month and see what happens. Feel free to test this theory as well, and let me know.

EDIT

, that leads me to another thought. What if by nature we are all actually positive forms of energy, and by affirming these things negatively we attract that energy. (Negative - Positive attract)?

I will think more on this and I will write something more in-depth to support this idea. Later!
edit on 20-4-2014 by OrioniusAtlantai because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join