It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powdered alcohol is a thing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Powdered alcohol, need I say more?

Trying to sneak booze is an American past time. Well, not THE American past time -- but now there's a way for you to sneak alcohol easily into your favorite sporting event!

link

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but this seems pretty cool. Palcohol is coming in the fall of 2014. Their official website isn't completely up yet, but it looks to be approved and legit.

Palcohol

I for one would like to try it for the novelty, but I don't see it replacing the liquid style. You can throw it on food or beverage so it may find it's niche catering to sporting events, concerts, anywhere else drinks are overpriced and smuggling your own is frowned upon. I could see the college set getting into it too, before it ultimately gets banned. I'm just surprised nobody's thought of this already.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dfens

A crime against the enjoyment of fine spirits for sure but, I don't suppose it is any worse than peanut butter and jelly vodka.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Innovation, and finding a niche to fill, never ceases to amaze me.

I don't know whether to frown on it...or get first in line to buy stock in the company...

Des

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

I don't know whether to frown on it...or get first in line to buy stock in the company...

Des

Alcohol of any flavor isn't my drug of choice but as an investment this is a no brainer as soon as this goes public.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Funny the link mentions Chucky Cheese. When my girls were young they sold beer there.

I remember getting almost a full case of beer into the Silverdome for a Lions game.

(post by FidelityMusic removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

These are the labels that the company said were inadvertently leaked by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB). I seen this on yahoo news so this might become popular before it even comes out.

I think the trouble will come when people start snorting it.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Did you use a lot of duct tape? Or the backpack? Now the NFL lets you bring a clear, gallon sized ziplock to sneak your contraband in. You're a genius if you can fit a case of beer in there.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

For sure when it hits the mainstream, certain groups will come out of the woodwork to vilify this product. You know, the kids and such. To me it reminds a lot of the bath salts and synthetic ''herbals.'' I'm sure I won't be the only one to make that connection.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

got a primary source for that claim ? the TTF website has zero returns

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I see a lot of problems with this.

Teens and young adults already abuse alcohol in ways it was not meant to be used. I'm betting a lot of deaths will come from this idea. People WILL snort it to get off quicker and stronger. Wouldn't surprise me if it even gets injected. Why can't they just let things be the way it is done now? The powder form of alcohol can not be a good idea for any reason. They're more or less advertising with how to break the rules, the law and what not by giving you an easy way through.

This is bad news... and a stupid idea, for sure. Wondering how many people will OD or get alcohol poisoning in the first year?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

bevlaw

I think that's about as good as I can do. It's linked in the original article by sbnation. Keep in mind that this product isn't available until fall 2014, and Palcohol's site isn't even finished. Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Alcoholic pop rocks.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dfens It must have been late 80s. Great story really.
Me my wife my sister and her husband. My sister brought a denim duffle bag with some sandwiches and some clothes. seriously. I put the whole 24 cans of beer in the bottom.

We go through the line, the beer is seen, Im told it has to go. Walk through the turnstile to a big cement block room full of beer, I say to the guy there, " I have to leave my beer here" and pull out 1 can of beer. Tie up the bag and walk out and walk in with 23 beers,

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't buy it.

I'm not a chemist, but how the hell do you powder alcohol?

It's like that old joke...

I bought some powdered water but I don't know what to add...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This could save some pounds in the pack, presuming one wants to imbibe in the backcountry...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi
They make it seem like it's a single serving pouch at 100mL which is a little more than 3ounces, plus however you want to dilute/reconstitute it. I think the old fashioned way would be more effective, this stuff isn't high octane enough, especially if you were doing some backwoods dentistry.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rival

I've had freeze dried ice cream, and many other freeze dried products for camping in the high country...why not alcohol...

Des

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Am I the only one who has the feeling that the most likely thing for palcohol to be mixed with is...alcohol? Yeah, uh, I don't see good things happening here.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goteborg
Am I the only one who has the feeling that the most likely thing for palcohol to be mixed with is...alcohol? Yeah, uh, I don't see good things happening here.

How dare you suggest that, such a thing would never happen!

<<   2 >>

join