It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures Of Mystery Plane Over Wichita

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That actually worked out perfectly. It's the first one to get reskinned.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think the photo can resemble the B-2 in ways, this photo right here you can tell it banked one way or the angle the photo was taken was not directly overhead...If you were to invert it, and rotate 90, the leading edges could be the same (but it doesn't mean it's the same craft). I don't have a photo editor, only paint on this computer so I can't tell if the angles are proportional in both pictures

www.metabunk.org...

However, I know Zaphod has some good sources and some people here have very credible insider information who seen and worked on some crazy stuff and after years of reliable consistency, I could trust what they have to say so I tend to side with them. It's not really something you can grasp over night, it's something that takes time. Let me tell you I'm one of the most skeptical people when it comes to listening to people online (or anyone in general), so I can see where some people are coming from, but let me tell you first hand their opinion is not something to ignore. This board has a solid aviation section and even though it's a conspiracy website, it's kind of a hidden gem. I love aviation, however I don't know as much as some people here but the only guess I can offer is that it's a UFO

edit on 18-4-2014 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
A similarly blurred image of a B2 and some Raptors, to compare.

As is widely known, planes, particularly the Stealth variety, often have graphite etc coating that are intended for low detection and reflection etc from light and cloud often makes them appear lighter colour and distorted in shape compared to when stationary on the ground.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: mbkennel

Slightly different specialties.

Just spitballing ideas here but could they be two different aircraft competing against each other, like we had with the f-22/f-23?
edit on 18-4-2014 by Stealthbomber because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

That actually worked out perfectly. It's the first one to get reskinned.

Re-skinned? that's the first I heard of that. My sources say that the skin was cleaned by blasting it with Ice pellets.
No matter, it still took a long time for a return to service. A rediculous situation in any theatre of war.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

The whole fleet is getting reskinned. They get a new skin every few years as improvements to RAM coatings are made. There were a number of screw ups, including by the fire department in that fire. It should have been put out almost immediately, and they screwed up fighting it.

Here is the Executive Summary of the AIB report.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here's an isometric of a Boeing project that looks similar to the photo.

Boeing Model 988-122

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Laxpla

Nice find! I forgot all about that design.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Pharyax

Not an X, as it's operational. X projects are only experimental.

True tho many were reused many times

List of X-planes
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

The X was. They try not to reuse designations when possible as it creates confusion.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

I came across this article, Obama says Russia doesn't want a war with the USA because it knows that conventionally the us would beat it.

I'm thinking that those jets were out in the day time because a Russian satellite was overhead and they wanted a show of force. I'm currently tracking down some amateur satellite trackers and trying to find out if there was something overhead at the time that the jets were flying over.

It seems Russia responded by flying one of their jets over a US carrier.
edit on 18-4-2014 by Stealthbomber because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Confusion, when used purposefully... could also be seen as useful distraction.
Depending on the side it comes from, it ultimately defines the end result.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Don't know what this is but the airfoil looks a LOT like that canceled US NAVY attack aircraft program from back in the day, I believe it was under the designation "A1" ? it was basically just a large flying triangle. I am not referring to the Boeing entry that was declined in favor of the F-35, but it does look like the drawings and models I've seen of that canceled attack aircraft program.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
With some trepidation I post to this thread. I don't post very often but as black aircraft were the reason I joined ATS years ago it seems fitting I add my two cents. I have been following these issues since the days of Freedom Ridge and the Swiss Mountain Bat and the other Interceptors. First off Zaph I have always found you to be rather accurate on your prognostications over the years and I have learned to pay attention to you when you give a heads up. Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember you saying not all that long ago that things were in the pipeline. You walk a fine line for some one with such good sources and I wonder whether you have run into OPSEC issues with anyone. I am surprised Gariac has not weighed in on this. I seem to remember being told he loved to bounce through the desert in his Escalade.

I must admit after looking at the data myself without reference to others opinions I have to say that these are indeed two different aircraft. Leading and trailing edges are different as is the angles of the fuselage/wings. Just my "layman's" opinion but it is a bit of a studied one. I do want to state that I do not consider Steve Douglas an "unconfirmed source", he is a very knowledgeable source. I don't always agree with where his analysis; his siting being a stealth transport for instance, but he has always been straight with his data to the best of my knowledge and is a true investigator of black world aircraft. He has no fear of going out on a limb.

So what do we have here, I will lay out my observations which may or may not be connected.

1. We have the new hanger at Dreamland, big, behind a berm. Lot's of speculation on the article or articles stashed away in there, UAV/manned who knows, but really big.

2. Two strange birds in the sky.

3. The return of the sky quakes.

I of course don't know anything definitively but I'll tell you this that these are the most interesting sitings/events that I have seen for many a year and I look forward with expectation. Interesting times.

BTW the Russians use a TU-214ON for their open skies flights.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluetwo

One of my buddies recently ran into an OPSEC issue. He got one of THOSE phone calls. I personally haven't run into any though. I've figured out just how far I can go without crossing a line.

There will be something coming out probably within six months at the outside. I suspect it's related to at least one if not both of these aircraft.

One other point to notice, with the hangar, and the skyquakes, is that the South Ramp at Edwards has seen increased security. That's where the B-2 flew out of during testing.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Pity that they can't go have a beer at Pancho's.

second line.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I'd love to get everyone in a shielded room, with beer in hand. The stories that could be traded. *laugh*

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

It's been a long standing rumour that, that particular hangar was built for the SR-72 but then if it's going over to Edwards it may have been built for a new bomber project.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Stealthbomber

It's not entirely clear which aircraft will be at Edwards, but it's clear that at least one will be, and before much longer. I'd say definitely within six months, probably sooner.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This reminds me a lot of the first fleeting glimpses of the 117, grainy pictures and all. After Grenada the cat was out of the bag and soon they were white and the pilots could take off those A-7 patches. I have heard various opinions on the new hanger and the only thing I can come up with is that Jack Northrup will probably be smiling.

Who knows, maybe the new article will do the airshow circuit, your tax dollars at work..lol. Back in the eighties I was talking with a Base Commander before a big airshow and we joked how nice it would be if our friends from the south sent the Aurora, he was of the opinion that it wasn't just a line in the budget. We got a KC-10 with a bunch 15's in tow and a BUFF, not to be sneezed at.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join