It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Robber Was Never Told to Report to Prison

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31
Exactly! To punish so people will learn from their mistake and change their ways. So you think because it took you being put in jail to learn from your mistake this man should too? This man has already changed his ways.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stopbeingnaive
so just cause he changed his ways he should be able to walk away from the crime he commited?it was an armed robbery,seriously as i said i should move to america cause i can do that and as long as i go back to a normal life afterwards then everyone thinks its fine,love the american way of thinking.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wow, they screwed up and he's paying for it.
Does he need to do something for his crime? Yes.
Does he deserve 13 years still? No.
Maybe something like weekend jail for a year or two, probation, something.
But like others said, he did turn his life around and because a good citizen, that should count for something.
Unfortunately, all I see is this guy is gonna do the 13 years, come out a bitter angry person, and be that guy, if you know what I mean.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
All things considered though he done what he was told as absolutely ridiculous as it sounds,He never ran. it is the state who is at fault.I guess any time left could be served as a suspended sentence or good behavior for the state to save face. after all he was convicted remember.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
so just cause he changed his ways he should be able to walk away from the crime he commited?it was an armed robbery,seriously as i said i should move to america cause i can do that and as long as i go back to a normal life afterwards then everyone thinks its fine,love the american way of thinking.

Do It. Move here. Continue your life a crime here. You can be the control subject we can watch, to see if you fall through the cracks too.

He turned his life around and made a good member of society out of himself. He used a freaking BB toy gun. He never ran from going to court and he didn't run from his sentence.

Now, tell us what crimes you did time for...maybe we'll have more sympathy for you.

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
why do they not admit a mistake and give him a financial penalty -stick a gun to his head that way ,

but he has a family and business to look after which is the law's fault now so it would make it all fair

But i can see this poor sap being years in a jail

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

No. He should be able to walk free because he was allowed to stay free, changed his ways, and started living a functional life. I don't see the point in sending him to jail for any other reason than a formality.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 999zxcv
why do they not admit a mistake and give him a financial penalty -stick a gun to his head that way ,

but he has a family and business to look after which is the law's fault now so it would make it all fair

But i can see this poor sap being years in a jail

I can see him getting a boat load of hours for community service. If he had continued in a criminal career, of course send him to jail. BUT, he didn't. He didn't become a free loader on the public resources of his community. He made himself into an asset.

Big difference.

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: sparky31

Do It. Move here. Continue your life a crime here. You can be the control subject we can watch, to see if you fall through the cracks too.

He turned his life around and made a good member of society out of himself. He used a freaking BB toy gun. He never ran from going to court and he didn't run from his sentence.

Now, tell us what crimes you did time for...maybe we'll have more sympathy for you.

Des
once again did his victim know it was a bb gun when he was shoving it in their face and probably traumatised them for life? it doesn,t matter,screw the victim according to everyone,they don,t matter.

all that matters is hes such a nice guy now and his life is now being screwed up cause police are now doing something which fair enough they should have done years ago.

utter madness and my crimes have nothing to do with this.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
They screwed up and they need to let it drop. If the citizens aren't happy they can get rid of the people who screwed this up in the first place.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yes they do. It's obvious you have a HUGE chip on your shoulder, and it goes back to the fact...

YOU got caught, tried in court, and had to go to prison. It's coloring everything you are posting in this thread.

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

community service or a fine would make sense but when has the courts or law makers ever done sense they will make a show trial of this i bet

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

What's the story about?
I don't click on links - too many bad experiences, but you do have me intrigued.
Care to share a quick run-down on the story?
Thanks!

"Too lazy to read the story, tell me what it's about".....There I fixed it for you.

Extremely rare you get in any trouble from clicking on news links.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Glad title was changed. We shouldn't use that word casually anymore , doesn't help any of us.
A gun up against someone I love .
Nope , no sympathy.
I live around this crap everyday with thugs with no regard for human life..Hold strong with my opinion on this one.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Yes they do. It's obvious you have a HUGE chip on your shoulder, and it goes back to the fact...

YOU got caught, tried in court, and had to go to prison. It's coloring everything you are posting in this thread.

Des
eh i never got caught for anything,never got tried in court,yes was in jail for like 4 days at anytime and that was it,just cause i said i was in jail and experienced it doesn,t mean i,ve done any hard time,just meant i,ve been in a jail cell and know what its like and not a place i would want to go back to anytime soon.

infact i don,t even have a criminal record cause when at court i,ve never been convicted.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Looks to me like a Pardon is in order for this man.
People make mistakes. It's not his fault that his incarceration was overlooked.
Why ruin his life now?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Wow, they screwed up and he's paying for it.
Does he need to do something for his crime? Yes.
Does he deserve 13 years still? No.
Maybe something like weekend jail for a year or two, probation, something.
But like others said, he did turn his life around and because a good citizen, that should count for something.
Unfortunately, all I see is this guy is gonna do the 13 years, come out a bitter angry person, and be that guy, if you know what I mean.

Basically what Im thinking to. The guy got rehabilitated on his own, and hasn't posed a threat to society for 13 years. He doesn't deserve to go to prison for 13 years. He didn't even try to run or disappear from society.

I've been robbed at gunpoint before, and believe in second chances...most of the time, depending on how serious the crime was and who did it. 3 guys robbed me and a few other people, and 2 of them were repeat offenders who I believe deserved to go to prison for over the 20 years they got. The other fellow however, didn't deserve his conviction. Long story short, he was in the wrong place in the wrong time and he's a friend of mine now. Instead of sending the guy in the article to weekend jail or probation, I would say let him do some community service every weekend or 2 for a year or so.

Maybe the courts should ask the victim of the robbery what he thinks should happen.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wow.. That's the worst thing I've heard in a while. Had he went to prison he most likely would have been released as a career criminal.
But now you have a man that clearly learned from his mistakes and is now being sent to jail?
He rehabilitated himself better than the state ever could have.
edit on 17-4-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
According to the lawyers, the victim does not believe Cornealious Anderson should be in jail. Source

It also appears that Mr. Anderson did contact the court at least once with no results. (read it in one of the articles)
It also appears that this guy never hide who he was, he even got pulled over a couple of times for traffic tickets & this never came up. He owns business(s), has a family & seems to be doing everything right. He seems to be a productive member of society & to remove him at this point would be a disservice to his community.

Do I think he should just walk away from what he did? Absolutely not, but I think there are better ways to address this including possibilities like house arrest, parole or community service.

If anything, I wonder if his attorney has explored the notion that you are afforded a speedy trial and by extension, a speedy sentence. Might be a means to get this mess cleared up.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join