It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Robber Was Never Told to Report to Prison

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
thats fair enough hes been a model citizen since but he done the crime and not just a petty crime,ask his victim if just cause hes found peace in himself should he walk free?how do we know that his actions didn,t ruin another persons life?

Screw the law, ask the alleged "victims" what they think is best. Let the guy plead his case to them and show his reformation. Deal with it as a binding arbitration and if the alleged "victims" think he should be released, then he should be released. If they don't, then he does the time or gets a retrial taking into account he reformed himself.

You don't step on people for doing the right thing after they did the wrong thing, unless you simply want vengeance rather than justice.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: stopbeingnaive
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm making it about race because I mentioned Rev. Jackson and Al Sharpton? I'm not making it about race.

Who brought up Rodney King?

Who mentioned riots?

BTW, being that you won't tell the story, I will!

This "BLACK MAN" committed a crime! He didn't deny it, and he got out on bail. The system screwed up and didn't realize they forgot to incarcerate him for his crime, UNTIL the system notified them that he was to be released!

Following me?

Since then, this MAN has changed his ways. He has a family, his own business and is a very good "citizen"!

The system is pissed, because he NEVER served his time!

Thus the problem!

I say let the man be! He seems to have changed his life and he did NOT kill anyone!

Sorry OP, your idea of starting a riot is not only premature, but ridiculous, considering the law officials don't even know what to do about it YET!

i find it shocking that just cause he didn,t kill anyone you are willing to say let bygones be bygones,the man stuck a gun in someones face,even if it was a bb gun the victim didn,t know that.would you be so quick to let it go if it was your mother who had faced that?i doubt anyone would, so think of that before saying hes now a nice guy so a slap on the wrist should be fine.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Now I have to disagree with ya!

Making a few assumptions?

First off, what is the purpose of our justice system???????? Trick question!

Anyhow, so he smoked weed! BIG DEAL! SO DID OUR PRESIDENT!

Secondly, it was a BB GUN!

He reformed on his own!

Why put a person in prison whom changed their ways?

WTF Xuenchen???

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

This might be an obtuse question, but what is the purpose of sending people to jail?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: stopbeingnaive

Then the SWAT team busts up in his house one morning and arrests him.

You're being dramatic, or intentionally misleading. The article clearly says they banged on the door, not busted up his house.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This whole thread just made my head explode.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Answer me this...honestly.

Do you think he would be the reformed man he is now, if he had spent the time in prison, for a minor crime.

Instead, he turned himself around, becoming a productive member of society.

I think. He'd not be the good man he is now, if he spent that time in prison.

Yes, some criminals need to be in prison...not this man, at this point in time.

Plus, he didn't run from his sentence. The system lost him. That's not his fault.

JMOHO...

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

It's still the SWAT team.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Riot Rodney King style..

So you mean looting and beating up innocent people? Cool story, how does that help the guy in your story?

"Rodney King" style means that if the cops (or the judicial system, in this case) does something you don't like, the proper response is to burn down the small businesses of Koreans and Chinese who came to this country without knowing even the language, much less having a dime to their name, and somehow do better than people who have been here for generations. If you can't be successful, beat up someone who is. That's the American Way!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Thanks for adding a smidgen of logic to the thread.

Geez people give me a break.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This thread made my head explode too, but really, the guy should be given a break for time served while he was waiting to be sentenced and never was sentenced...

Or wait, he was sentenced but the almighty legal system screwed up and forgot to tell him when to report or whatever...

Really, I don't think they can actually make him serve the entire 13 years, maybe none of it for one reason or another...

I don't know, I do know the system does not admit to any neglect or wrongdoing...

I don't know, the system may have to eat this one...

I just don't know...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stopbeingnaivewhat is point in sending people to jail?seriously are you asking that.

do you know what? i should and tell a lot of my friends as well to move to america tomorrow cause we can go commit armed robbery,disappear for a few year and when we reappear we,ll be alright cause over there when u,ve done a crime they feel sympathy for you if you keep clean for a few year after.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yes, I am asking you that question. I want to hear your response. This man didn't "disappear".

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Of course I'm just being rambunctious.

Responding to the topic title with equality as always.

The fair and balanced courts and prosecutors will decide I'm sure in an "equitable" way.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stopbeingnaivehe may not have but can assure you here in britain if someone slips through the net and is picked up years later it makes no difference,you done the crime you do the time,no sympathy vote no matter what and thats the way it should be.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Of course I'm just being rambunctious.

Responding to the topic title with equality as always.

The fair and balanced courts and prosecutors will decide I'm sure in an "equitable" way.

All right!

Ya had me worried....

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure how things work in this guys part of the world but where i come from you don't get a sentence until a trial, you will either serve time on remand or bailed until trial then if you get given a hefty sentence that gives you time inside you will get walked away in cuffs and driven to prison.
Now i don't know what the hell is going here or maybe i miss read it, but no one anywhere else in the world (generalization inserted for sarcasm) gets given 13 years for armed robbery with actual violence then told to go home and we will phone you when to come to jail! AND THEY WAIT THERE! if this is the mentality of people in America now then people we have a problem.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You still keep avoiding my original question, so I'll ask it again. What is the purpose of sending someone to jail?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

to punish them for doing the crime,locked in a cell where they are told what to do and have no freedom to do what they like,trust me i,ve been in a cell,it aint no fun and doesn,t make me want to do it again.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31

to punish them for doing the crime,locked in a cell where they are told what to do and have no freedom to do what they like,trust me i,ve been in a cell,it aint no fun and doesn,t make me want to do it again.

So, you are whining because you had to spend time in jail for your crimes. This man was dropped through the cracks by the system...not his fault.

I guess if you had fallen through the cracks of your own system..you'd be banging on their door to remind them to put you in jail.

I don't think so...

Get over it. Just because you did your time, doesn't equal to this man's story.

Des

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join