It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man found in Oslo with total memory loss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What could be the reasons for this mans Amnesia? Lets hypothesize!

www.thelocal.no...

Police in Oslo have released photos of a man found in a snow drift in the city in December, having apparently suffered total amnesia, in the hope that someone from his past life will recognize him. The man, who is in his mid-20s and appears to come from somewhere in Eastern Europe, was found in an industrial area in the east of Oslo in what police described as "a bad condition". He speaks very good English with an east European accent, understands Czech, Slovak, Polish and Russian, and is calling himself "John Smith" until he recovers memories of his real name. "The man has no identity papers, and does not remember his name, where he came from, how he ended up in Norway or any other details of his life," the police wrote in their statement. Oslo police have tried to establish the man's identity for nearly four months, sending photos and fingerprints to East European police forces via Interpol, and searching through lists of missing people. "We have come to a point in the investigation where we had tried everything without getting anywhere," Sturla Henriksbø from the Oslo police told VG newspaper. "Therefore we are now, in consultation with the man himself, releasing his picture."

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Does this trick work at immigration?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MConnalley

Not the 1st time...another a few years ago washed up on shore in England I believe in a tuxedo....without any knowledge of who he was and how he got there. He was I believe a piano virtuoso as well....with no memory!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Thats crazy man, I have a coworker whom cant remember past 20 years ago because of a brain aneurysm and hes 50 something now.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Assuming he's had a full medical work-up, and not to disrespect this man's plight, I hypothesize an experiment with street drugs to develop an agent designed to neutralize the general population by wiping the memory.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

soficrow
I hypothesize an experiment with street drugs to develop an agent designed to neutralize the general population by wiping the memory.

Thats more than a little worrying! Reset the entire population overnight! Has it been done already? How would we know?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It's Jason Bourne!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
At first glance I thought it was Anders Brevick, that maniac that went on the Oslo spree a few years back. Was actually surprised that it was not. Could just be a guy that is down on his luck, making up a story to get famous, or just plain drugged out. I guess possibly medical, strange story indeed.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

In the realm of medical oddities, amnesia is by far one of the most interesting and least understood. Its also fascinating reading up on it. Many different factors and chemical-physiological causes and effects.....and it could happen to anyone.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
He murdered someone and now he has to fake amnesia to get a new identity and avoid a life sentence in prison.

top topics

join