It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should people without children pay higher taxes?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Individuals and couples without kids already pay higher taxes than those with kids. They don't get the child tax credit. These idiots in Washington think we're idiots.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Of course this is nonsense and yet another problem with our terrible progressive tax system. People always want to raise taxes on "the other guy" for a variety of reasons. Taxes should be used to fund the legitimate roles of government, NOT to be used for social engineering. Flat tax or national sales tax replacing our current system is a better way.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I know many will disagree with me but if anything people who have children should pay more in taxes in my opinion and I say that from the position of being a parent and a grandparent. People with children use more of our country's resources and help programs than those without children and yet pay less in taxes already due to tax credits. I don't feel like those who are not parents should have to pay extra in taxes to pay for services for those who decided to bring more children into the world. Use more resources- pay more taxes, use less resources- pay less taxes.... that is what would be fair.

For those who would say that it costs more to live when you have children and you should pay less I say this: You chose to bring children into the world- nobody forced you, it was a conscious decision. If you knew it would be difficult for you to provide for them maybe you should have thought about that before churning them out. It isn't the responsibility of others to make up for any shortcomings in your income!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You are right ,OP.because I hate kids .The government can do anything for getting tax ,except get tax from the rich.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

AstroRocks

I know many will disagree with me but if anything people who have children should pay more in taxes in my opinion and I say that from the position of being a parent and a grandparent. People with children use more of our country's resources and help programs than those without children and yet pay less in taxes already due to tax credits. I don't feel like those who are not parents should have to pay extra in taxes to pay for services for those who decided to bring more children into the world. Use more resources- pay more taxes, use less resources- pay less taxes.... that is what would be fair.

For those who would say that it costs more to live when you have children and you should pay less I say this: You chose to bring children into the world- nobody forced you, it was a conscious decision. If you knew it would be difficult for you to provide for them maybe you should have thought about that before churning them out. It isn't the responsibility of others to make up for any shortcomings in your income!

Yeah you would at least think they'd get Al Gore's carbon tax assessed against them for breeding carbon donors

This line of thinking of taxing for not doing something is the product of the SC ruling on Obamacare. All those bums in Washington need to go.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

All those bums in Washington need to go.

That my friend is the quote of the day!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

So those of us who don't have kids for whatever reason, maybe it's choice, maybe it's fate. Should pay higher taxes to in essence support those who have children.

Keeping my nature of going against the bandwagon.

When i read the thread title, all i can think was Why would they... then i started to look in another perspective... the government's.

The below explanation is a WHY and not targeting anyone's(not a Who) individuals choices.

I believe its because the kids wiil actually pay taxes to support those who are elderly(without kids)?

Its kinda look like not having kids is not paying your taxes lol.

I mean, the amount of taxes the kid will actually pay in his lifetime to support others is not even close to how much he gets from the early child benefits.

The country wants you to have kids so they can give back taxes to the government! Child benefits are an investment for the government for later collection.
edit on 4/8/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

pez1975
We have to many people on this planet already we don't need to ensentivies people to have more that's just silly imo

100% Agree.

Next were gonna see 'Teen Mom: The Movie.' fml.

Population control is very important. I feel like the government is slowly attempting to create a civil war within its own boarders.

Why just not Kill-off all the rapist and murders, instead of keeping them alive with our tax dollars and put it towards free birth control and make abortions the women s choice without condemning her decision either-which-way.

We put dogs down when they harm a child, yet we let a multi-millionaire go after he rapes both of his children. (the government is trying to force a purge thru anger...IMO)

Regards,

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

beezzer

Everyone should pay taxes. Taxes are like prostate exams. Uncomfortable, annoying, but sometimes necessary.

We have such a disconnect in this country. We have a divide between those that pay taxes and those that are exempt. Rich, poor, single, married, children, no children, gay, straight, white, black, we should all have to pay.

Equality, not more loopholes, class division, separation, exemptions.

Just my humble opinion on the subject.

Exactly we should have a flat tax where everyone pays the same percentage no matter how you make money. If people would look the wealthy generally pays less in taxes than those who work for a living. Warren Buffet once made the comment that his secretary paid more in taxes than he did it makes no sense that people who work to pay more in taxes than those who make their money from investments. It says in the constitution that the people are equal if this were true then they should be taxed equally as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So I choose to have no kids so why the F should I pay higher tax's to feed someone elses children.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

buster2010

beezzer

Everyone should pay taxes. Taxes are like prostate exams. Uncomfortable, annoying, but sometimes necessary.

We have such a disconnect in this country. We have a divide between those that pay taxes and those that are exempt. Rich, poor, single, married, children, no children, gay, straight, white, black, we should all have to pay.

Equality, not more loopholes, class division, separation, exemptions.

Just my humble opinion on the subject.

Exactly we should have a flat tax where everyone pays the same percentage no matter how you make money. If people would look the wealthy generally pays less in taxes than those who work for a living. Warren Buffet once made the comment that his secretary paid more in taxes than he did it makes no sense that people who work to pay more in taxes than those who make their money from investments. It says in the constitution that the people are equal if this were true then they should be taxed equally as well.

A flat tax is good, as long as everyone pays the same percentage--regardless how much one makes.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I Suggest A Modest Proposal !!!!lol!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

NeoSpace
So I choose to have no kids so why the F should I pay higher tax's to feed someone elses children.

Cause those kids are going to pay you when you get old? and you have no kids to pay for their parents?

Perspective man! there are many.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
No one should be paying "taxes" :
Source or Item

Taxes were started during the Woodrow Wilson era - coincidentally the fear mongers known as the IRS (USA) began enforcing the law that is voluntary.

I do not have an income - my labor is given to my employer as a symbiotic or mutually acceptable item.

All taxation is a ruse for those that wish to enslave others.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

There is only one flaw to this theory.

The boomers have paid throughout their working lives (although I have to admit that some just didn't work!!)
And there are many in my family tree that didn't live long enough to get anything back as well as many that I personally know that died before retirement age.
No one is paying for our way through the social security system! You are just paying the past debts that the gov't incurred when they borrowed that money from the fund and left a bunch of IOU's!!!
So if anything they want more kids to help bail them out of a future crisis that they themselves created with their stupidity!

But that is just one of the massive screwups!
They have created an economic environment where having children is pretty much not a feasible option and most smart people realized this awhile back! So well unless they are doing very well they just aren't having kids preferring to stay above the proverty line instead! So there aren't as many babies and many of those babies are being born in the lower classes. And this is probably why our borders are so open. They see the need for a bigger population in the future!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
At this point, not having kids better for the environment and is probably the greenest thing an individual can do. I expect my carbon credits.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well .. people who have more kids should pay more taxes. They use everything more.
But of course, the fact is that this society is becoming more and more like the movie IDIOCRACY' .
So those who have more kids usually can't afford the higher taxes to cover them.
And those of us with less kids end up supporting the 'over breeders' ...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

So basically this guy wants to create or help make bigger the Ponzi scheme that is the United States government

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

People without children already pay more in taxes, we don't get the exemptions and tax credits, have to pay school taxes as part of our property taxes...... so people without children have been paying more in taxes for a while.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Considering how Social Security is SUPPOSED to work, that is not a good reason to raise taxes on the people without children. We shouldn't raise taxes on a segment of the population because a system designed to provide them an income when they get older is broken. We should instead fix the broken system.

I know I don't make the best financial decisions in my life, but I know that the one I've made to not have children at this point in my life (if ever) is one of the best ones I've made since I know I can barely afford my life let alone support a child as well. I shouldn't be penalized for a sound financial decision like that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join