It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should people without children pay higher taxes?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Should people without children pay higher taxes?

This is the nonsense I came across this morning perusing CNN.
This idea is so ridiculous, I'm just flabbergasted.

So those of us who don't have kids for whatever reason, maybe it's choice, maybe it's fate. Should pay higher taxes to in essence support those who have children. Maybe I don't have kids because I don't feel I'm in a financially reasonable position to provide an adequate home. Maybe I'm sterile. Or I just hate people and could tolerate creating another one.

Now I'm not going to say that everyone who has kids is irresponsible, or can't provide for them for one reason or another. But there are a whole lot of people out there who are.

I realize that this is just one idiots idea, and I haven't heard about any proposed legislation for it. But man, this got me heated.

Sorry I haven't posted a quote or snippet from the article, but I'm on my phone and it was hard enough to post the link.

What do you think ATS?
edit on 8-4-2014 by TheBandit795 because: MOD EDIT: Fixed the link.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
You're link doesn't work, so I can't read it - but don't people without children already pay more in taxes? I guess it's more like the people with children will pay less taxes, due to exemptions and other tax deductions they get for having children. I think that's fair because of the extra cost in having children.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
If you get to be old and don't have kids other people kids will have to pay more taxes to keep you alive
taxes are the problem everyone get something from them, someone has to pay them and no one want to do it
edit on 8-4-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I saw this article going around. I like the old saying, you want to breed them, you gotta feed them.
You are responsible for yourself and family. I'm NOT!

Ad of course, Our government would tax elderly more, since they don't have any kids either.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
What can I say.
More and more businesses don't want to pay enough to keep their employee alive let alone their kids!!
And the cost of a family has increased so dramatically!
I have to ask....
If all those who couldn't afford kids just didn't have kids would their be enough workers to keep the gears of the economy turning? Or would we have to open the borders even wider and let the immigrants flow in faster? This is causing it's own set of problems that bring in a whole mess of very expensive solutions!

We are screwed until the business sector and their political bought and paid for politicians find their moral compass.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
We have to many people on this planet allready we dont need to ensentivies people to have more thats just silly imo

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Now way why should a person pay for someone elses brats, which were probably borne out of wedlock in many cases. No no no@!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

They should pay lower taxes since they use less services.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Off topic I know, but nice avatar pez....lol

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
How about we make the RICH pay more taxes.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
All Im going to say is this......

If you say YES to raising taxes on the rich.....

but NO to taxing people w out kids......

Then youre a flaming hypocrite, cause the principle of the matter is the same.....

Take more from those who have more expendable income and give to those who do not........level the playing field...

I disagree with both......you make your own damn money you keep it...

You dont have kids by whatever reason under the sun, then your free income is yours.....

HEY UNCLE SAM! ! ! STOP TRYING TO TAKE OUR STUFF!

Just my two cents

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 4/8/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

No way! That is crazy. So we should tax the Amish a greenhouse gas tax for their cars!? Plus parents already get so many tax breaks and credits for being married. I honestly think that single people should have to pay less tax because they don't add to a lot of the most costly societal problems like children, Marriage, divorce, crimes of passion.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Everyone should pay taxes. Taxes are like prostate exams. Uncomfortable, annoying, but sometimes necessary.

We have such a disconnect in this country. We have a divide between those that pay taxes and those that are exempt. Rich, poor, single, married, children, no children, gay, straight, white, black, we should all have to pay.

Equality, not more loopholes, class division, separation, exemptions.

Just my humble opinion on the subject.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
You all are wrong, people should pay a % of their income equal to all regardless of their condition, no one should pay more or less

edit on 8-4-2014 by Indigent because: wrong word, my mind want me to pay less taxes...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I understand it's not you saying this, but this is the same as saying that the healthy should be forced to buy health insurance that they don't need because there are sick people in the world who deserve your money more than you deserve your money.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Forget kids or no kids - more propaganda to separate us.

Oil and Gas conglometates should pay the highest taxes, amongst others.

They are out of fracking control.

Pffft

edit on 8/4/14 by Strewth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Why do you state old people need other people's money for live? Age is not a determinate of need. Irresponsibility, unexpected situations, life happens etc maybe, but not age.

People without children already pay more in taxes. They don't get those precious deductions that people with children do.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

kaylaluv
You're link doesn't work, so I can't read it - but don't people without children already pay more in taxes? I guess it's more like the people with children will pay less taxes, due to exemptions and other tax deductions they get for having children. I think that's fair because of the extra cost in having children.

Here's the link to the article:

Should people without kids pay higher taxes?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
There is more than enough tax money wasted to pay for all of the "needs" (not wants) of society.
It's just tied up in blowing each other up and the criminal cabal of private banks that have a stranglehold on us.

But you know, lets tax the already stretched thin middle class even more, and turn more of them into poor. (not that there is much left anymore)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join