It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Footage of UFO Siphoning from the Sun or Extreme Prominence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This just came across my news feed and needed to be posted if not already...

From wanttoknow.info

Now the big question. What is it that you just saw? Note that the Sun is not known to have any clouds, so what are those cloud-looking objects? And what is the more solid-looking object that then appears out of the "clouds"? If you look at it without any mental filters, it looks like the edge of some sort of large, unidentified object which is creating a link to the Sun, and then drawing the Sun's energy up into it. Yet could this actually be? Most readers will likely think that is impossible.

Looks that way to me, but the more I read, it seems likely to be an extraordinary solar prominence... which I didn't know about til now.

I suggest following the links provided.

NASA video of Event

edit on 7-4-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The sun seems to be doing some kind of mass ejection....rather than a ufo feeding it looks like a buildup and ejection scenario?
Tho I am no expert.......I await the coming of Phage..............

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Cool videos.

Someone here will tell you what you witnessed was basically a tornado on the sun. Not sure if it's true or if it was some huge hungry alien ship.

Either way thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

stirling
I await the coming of Phage..............

I could only hope so

From the article:

...you research Sun activity, you will see that this cannot possibly be a solar flare, as they generally last only a few seconds to an hour. The longest solar flare ever recorded was 22 hours and 48 minutes. Yet the funnel-looking object in these videos lasts well over 48 hours.

And regarding solar Prominences:

...there are questions about this explanation. If you look at the hundreds of images of solar prominences available [on the internet, you will find exceedingly few that look anything like this phenomenon (other than images of this particular event). And a funnel retaining its shape for days is far outside of normal for a solar prominence, though some claim it might be what's called a "filament channel." Yet look at these images and videos of filament channels. Not very convincing.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

stirling
The sun seems to be doing some kind of mass ejection....rather than a ufo feeding it looks like a buildup and ejection scenario?

Or open this thread and read on

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

This just came across my news feed and needed to be posted if not already... - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look up coronal cavity.

But if you don't try this...

blog.helioviewer.org...

edit on 7-4-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I do see the similarity, but even if this footage is of a typical solar activity, it sounds like it is definitely far outside of normal parameters, leading me to wonder if maybe it could be a natural phenomena which is being used purposely by a craft.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

kloejen

stirling

Or open this thread and read on

Looked through that thread, and although similar to the footage in the OP, its stll a lot different. There is a shockwave across the Sun when this thing "takes off" the different video settings really separate this from a typical coronal prominence.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I do see the similarity, but even if this footage is of a typical solar activity, it sounds like it is definitely far outside of normal parameters, leading me to wonder if maybe it could be a natural phenomena which is being used purposely by a craft. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Okay try this then...

arxiv.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

NO, it is NOT an UFO

you do realise how big the Sun is ? If this was something it would be 10000 times bigger than the Earth.

WISH-THINKING !

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Whether or not it is a UFO this is a really cool video

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here this was in my first link, but in case you didn't see it...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Shepard64

Totally. I don know what that was, but it was pretty cool.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shepard64

Whether or not it is a UFO this is a really cool video
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well it wasn't a UFO it is a coronal cavity and they are fairly common. See my previous post.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Starred, thanks for the video.

This is why ATS is the best.... and I'm inclined to believe all the scientific explanations of the phenomena...

But I reserve the right to at any moment decide everything they say is BS.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I have no idea what I'm looking at, but those vids were just bizarre....and very cool!

The filament things were bizarre looking but the thing that got me was the spherical object at the end of them. What the hell was that?

Whatever it was, it's certainly HUGE.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Unless UFOs are secretly behind this phenomena and the scientists are lying for whatever reason... I think this is pretty clearly a solar prominence/cavity.

I learned something today. There are solar prominences/cavities. They are cool, and look a lot like a huge UFO taking a solar sip...

Maybe they really are, but the question has been answered, the footage is identified...

This happens every time I post something from Joshua P Warren. He is a paranormal author and I know the guy, and he's a great person, but a lot of the stuff he posts online ends up being something natural or exaggerated.

He does great scientific paranormal work though. Thanks again ATS, I'm letting him know now.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yes, I remember seeing this video on I think it was episode 2 or 3 of Science Channels "Nasa's Unexplained Files," and was impressed. To me it looks like something connecting to or with the sun, and then leaving at high speed. The technology needed to do what may or may not have happened here would be far and away above anything we could possibly offer. I believe that many et's are thousands of years ahead of us or more, and are in the Milky Way Galaxy. I was impressed with this video.

edit on 07pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

How can anything get that close to the sun without burning up? Doesn't seem possible, but what do I know.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
WeRpeons

Since it came from the sun I wouldn't worry about it possibly burning up.
edit on 7-4-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join