It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith VS Science & Athiests

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

The Sumerians were the first civilisation to use math's, but still, they were based in the Middle East and are likely the descendants of Muslims, big deal.

That would make Muslims the descendants of Sumerians, not the other way around!!!

No, the Qur'an saying don't take Jews and Christians as your friends is common sense and logic.

Islam is Abrahamic... Christianity is Abrahamic... Abraham is Jewish!!!
So this also makes no sense!!!

BTW my missus is a Muslim, & has never mentioned this before...
BTW I was baptised as a Catholic... She doesn't have a problem with this... Nor does her family who know the Quran inside out!!!

Peace 16!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

Well what do you think evolution is?

Evolution is the accumulated change over many generations? The more generations the greater the change. When a group of organisms are separated they can change so much over time that they can no longer interbreed with each other. This would be a change of species. A horse and a donkey are different species but they have a close evolutionary lineage. They are just close enough to have offspring (mule) but not close enough to have viable offspring. Same goes with a lion and a tiger and some other animals. Your not going to get a horse and a cat to breed. But if you breed for atavisms you can def breed some abnormalities into a line.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by 168617

Well what do you think evolution is?

Evolution is the accumulated change over many generations? The more generations the greater the change. When a group of organisms are separated they can change so much over time that they can no longer interbreed with each other. This would be a change of species. A horse and a donkey are different species but they have a close evolutionary lineage. They are just close enough to have offspring (mule) but not close enough to have viable offspring. Same goes with a lion and a tiger and some other animals. Your not going to get a horse and a cat to breed. But if you breed for atavisms you can def breed some abnormalities into a line.

I feel that I need to remind you that 168617 feels that learning about Evolution is beneath him and that the anti-Evolution myths that someone has drummed into him are all true. So best of luck!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

Drink some petrol and turn into a pumpkin? You are def trolling and arguing for arguing sake. Why wont you read up about what evolution claims because you have not brought up one viable argument. Everything you think about evolution is misinformed. Pretty much everything you've claimed about islam is also misinformed. You seem very misinformed. You should prob do some reading from credible authors.

What do you think evolution is? Why do you think that 100,000's of scientists are wrong?
edit on 16-4-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

That should have been obvious to anyone since page 11, when he first started speaking in this thread. This was his first post:

Hey, can anyone give me observable proof that Darwin's theory of Evolution is in fact correct? I look forward to the bs answer's you provide.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I added the bold part for emphasis.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by 168617

Drink some petrol and turn into a pumpkin? You are def trolling and arguing for arguing sake. Why wont you read up about what evolution claims because you have not brought up one viable argument. Everything you think about evolution is misinformed. Pretty much everything you've claimed about islam is also misinformed. You seem very misinformed. You should prob do some reading from credible authors.

What do you think evolution is? Why do you think that 100,000's of scientists are wrong?

He admitted to trolling a page or so back. I've reported him for it.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Good maybe he's gone. Lets fake some more science before he returns. Huahahaha.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

why did it take western society so long to catch up?

It didn't.

The Sumerians were the first civilisation to use math's, but still, they were based in the Middle East and are likely the descendants of Muslims, big deal.

Dude .. the Summerians were around thousands of years BEFORE Muslims were invented.

- And another narrow minded, unenlightened answer.

No. It's accurate. Humans have always lusted and lied. It's not 'prophecy' to say that they will do so in the future. It's not 'prophecy' to say that clothing styles will change. LOGIC. Remember that?

the Qur'an saying don't take Jews and Christians as your friends is common sense and logic.

Wow. Just .... WOW.

If that's what you believe, then why are you on here?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

the Qur'an saying don't take Jews and Christians as your friends is common sense and logic.

Unfortunately it is logical ... if the goal is to maintain (and grow through breeding) the religion and beliefs. To state otherwise would promote opening doors to different perspectives which might lead free thought and adopting new ideas. How can you hope to control the masses with that going on?
edit on 4/16/2014 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

CharlieSpeirs
reply to post by 168617

That would make Muslims the descendants of Sumerians, not the other way around!!!

Yeah, where does America fit into the puzzle?

Islam is Abrahamic... Christianity is Abrahamic... Abraham is Jewish!!!
So this also makes no sense!!!

Oh yeah, where does the Bible say Abraham was a Jew?

BTW my missus is a Muslim, & has never mentioned this before...
BTW I was baptised as a Catholic... She doesn't have a problem with this... Nor does her family who know the Quran inside out!!!

Peace 16!!!

If she knew the Qur'an that well she would know exactly what I mean.
edit on 16-4-2014 by 168617 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Because there is another meaning to it which you cannot see and will never see because you are narrow minded.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by 168617

Hey, I'm not trying to convert you to religion so don't try the same with evolution. How about you go read a Qur'an or a Bible and do some reflective thinking? maybe you will learn something also.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Because there is another meaning to it which you cannot see and will never see because you are narrow minded.

I'm afraid that given the fact that you have refused to learn anything about Evolution - rendering any comments you've made about it useless - this is a somewhat ironic.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

I'm afraid that given the fact that you have refused to learn anything about Evolution - rendering any comments you've made about it useless - this is a somewhat ironic.

Hey, Where I come from you would be called a rat... One that isn't trustworthy. If you go running to moderators online, I'd hate to see what you do to people in real life..

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

No. There is no hidden double meaning. It's very straight forward. And it's not prophecy. Oh .. and I"m not a 'narrow minded' person. I don't think you know what that means.

/USELESS

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

How about you go read a Qur'an or a Bible and do some reflective thinking? maybe you will learn something also.

I've read them both. The bible many times. Science books as well. And History books. And Math books. And Psychology books. Can you say the same? Considering your answers so far, I have to guess ... NO.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Mutations are thought to drive evolution yeah? but apparently they cannot increase information. Mutations can only change DNA by deleting, damaging, duplicating, or substituting already existing information. They majority of mutations are harmful and have no effect. Over 100 years of fruit fly experiments (as you would be aware of obviously) have clearly demonstrated that mutations only result in normal, dead, or badly deformed fruit flies. When it comes down to it, they are still fruit flies. Even mutations which are somehow beneficial result from the loss of information. This is the opposite of the increase of information required to get from bacteria to man as evolution clearly proposes. Tell me why I am wrong with the knowledge you have about evolution?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

FlyersFan
I've read them both. The bible many times. Science books as well. And History books. And Math books. And Psychology books. Can you say the same? Considering your answers so far, I have to guess ... NO.

Well concerning the religious books, I think you should go and read them again. And then go read the Talmud because it speaks very highly of our kind.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Hey, Where I come from you would be called a rat... One that isn't trustworthy. If you go running to moderators online, I'd hate to see what you do to people in real life..

Aha. Now you descend to pointless insults. How very brave & noble of you. Oh, wait...
You've admitted to trolling, you've insulted people here quite frequently, you've admitted that you have no wish to understand how Evolution works... why are you here again?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

Aha. Now you descend to pointless insults. How very brave & noble of you. Oh, wait...
You've admitted to trolling, you've insulted people here quite frequently, you've admitted that you have no wish to understand how Evolution works... why are you here again?

Read my last post and tell me why it's wrong if you have a PHd in evolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join