It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan orders military to strike any new North Korea missile launches

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by Xcathdra

ROFL

It took you 30 minutes to find the references and type that reply and then claim that you can remember pages and pages of posts from a whole year ago!

On top of all that you just dismiss all of that valuable information much of it posted from DOD and Congressional sources!

P

ROFL - what are you 14?

Its outdated information - let me give you a few facts:

On Nukes - in 2013 NK tested its most powerful Nuke - a mere 7 kilo tonnes, in 1945 the us dropped a 21 kilo tonne one on nagasaki.

Its most advanced aircraft of it air farce is the Mig 29 of which it owns 30, it has no indigeonous capability to manufacture this 1980s technology.

Republic has 60 x F-15 and 118 F-16 of which it built 90 under licence, having that capability with the US backing is a huge advantage. It also means that NK does not have any air superiorority on offensive actions.

Tanks - useless without air superiority, expect US Apache to decimate that farce the minute it crossed the DMZ.

What do you have left? Artillery? Take you a bloody long time to flatten Seoul with that and in the meantime 1000's of cruise missiles and unchallenged stealth bombers degrade your air defence allowing all manner of nastiness to rain havok on your army.

Shoite I say NK is...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SirDrinksalot

Yea right. Those tactics went well for the US in Afghanistan where there is similar terrain. Hell, Afghanistan just has bad guys running around with AK47s. They still fought the mighty US to a standstill.

If you had even bothered to read the info provided you may find just a few surprises in NKs air force. But that would take an effort.

P

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by SirDrinksalot

Yea right. Those tactics went well for the US in Afghanistan where there is similar terrain. Hell, Afghanistan just has bad guys running around with AK47s. They still fought the mighty US to a standstill.

If you had even bothered to read the info provided you may find just a few surprises in NKs air force. But that would take an effort.

P

Just stop....

You are out of your element and are grasping at straws and are starting to sound ridiculous.

The Taliban did not bring the US to a standstill. The Afghan forces are now strong enough to protect the Capital. They just held elections, even after homicide attacks by those cowards defiling a religion.

Had it not been for China the Korean Peninsula would be united right now under Seoul. Should war resume I don't see china coming to North Korea's aid. The bulk of Chinese action would most likely be dealing with the influx of north Koreans trying to flee the destruction the North's government inflicted upon them.

The doctrine of quantity over quality has been proven to be a failure, even more so when that doctrine is applied against a nation who is 50 years out of touch. A million men under arms is nothing to shake a stick at, however, when those men are placed up against an enemy they cannot see to shoot it becomes problematic. Those men are no longer an effective fighting force when they are taking casualties without inflicting any of their own.

Next up is terrain and maneuver warfare. While the country is mountainous those obstacle can be overcome with the right technology. Specifically helicopters / Ospreys, which the North does not have (Ospreys). Any air element they have will be suppressed by allied air cover.

Which brings us back to the crux of the problem with North Korea. Their mindset / military doctrine is based solely on ground troops. The amount of artillery alone reaffirms that doctrine. In a ground war on equal footing the North might be able to pull off some victories. In a ground war with N. Korea, who is behind the times, and the South / US / Japan, who are at the cutting edge of technology / doctrine, North Korea will not win - period.

They know this... which brings us back to their nuclear weapons program and what they consider an "I win" button. The program is not a deterrent, its an insurance policy where if the North continues the war, they are going to guarantee the utmost destruction as they are brought down.

Kim Joke Un has the same insurance policy Hitler did at the end of WWII. The North Korean people, should they not repel the S. Korean / US / Japan / UN Command, then the mindset will be the north Korean people will get what they deserve for not giving it all to protect the dear leader. I would actually go so far as to say north Korea would have no issues using nuclear weapons on their own soil.

When a nation state, who by all accounts is stuck with 1950's tech levels, is pursuing a nuclear program that is by all accounts 50 years ahead of them, is telling. they are dreaming the impossible dream and are willing to pour all available resources into that program.

Logic would dictate a nation like that would pour money / resources into their conventional military forces. They are not doing that...

That action alone telegraphs their mindset and goals while betraying the image that they are invincible. It also reaffirms the intelligence where the North will use nuclear weapons because they know full well they would not win a solely conventional war.
edit on 8-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Japan needs to send Godzilla after them! That would be awesome!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
NK a sovereign nation?

The war never ended, so how sovereign can they be?

Besides, all the human beings are sovereign human beings as well, but NK has imprisoned them and thus is a big criminal, thug and a bully. North Korea is breaking the LAW by keeping people enslaved in prison camps and inhuman circumstances, ruling with iron fist, having a personality cult forced upon people and trampling on their human rights all over the place, in all possible ways, constantly. And lying, of course, as well.

Besides that, it is brainwashing the people who are trapped within certain boundaries. Now, basically, these are just people doing bad things to other people, but the semantics of 'sovereignty' should suddenly be respected? If I claim sovereignty over a piece of land with my thug friends, and abuse people in there, and just happen to be able to control the land in such a way that no one can easily take it away from me, does that make it a 'sovereign nation'?

NK is an inhuman, unlawful prison camp, and it's a crime against humanity that no one has even tried to change the situation.

The war is still going on, so there is no official sovereignty anyway. I may be wrong, but doesn't sovereignty usually come from the people, and not the warmonger cult leaders and slave masters? Doesn't sovereignty begin by the power of the people, a mandate from the masses, and only OUTSIDE a war, not in the middle of it? I mean, imagine two countries at war. Then half of one country suddenly becomes sovereign in the middle of the war? How often has that happened?

NK is not a sovereign nation, it's a friggin' DISASTER and CRIME that screams to be stopped. But no one wants to do anything about it, because of political correctness and saving face. If Japan finally makes a stand against those psychopaths that have run that country and its enslaved, brainwashed masses for so long, who cares about 'sovereignty'?

I mean, what use is sovereignty, if THAT is what it means? Isn't sovereignty supposed to be all about FREEDOM, instead of ENSLAVEMENT? Makes me mad to read stuff like that.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

bumped, because more people should see your comment.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join