It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan orders military to strike any new North Korea missile launches

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Red Cloak

It's the most heavily fortified and protected country in the world. They have been at de facto war state for 61 years. They have most of their war machine built underground in heavily fortified bunkers under mountains. Any air attack won't even make a dent on them.

They are built for a war of attrition. Someone dares to go in there, and they face a brutal geography and weather, with miles of land mines, and facing the world's most elite special forces and hand to hand fighters. US forces were destroyed the last time they tried it.

The difference is now they are actually prepared for this, unlike then. Heavily bunkered in and with seemingly endless tons of munitions stored deep underground, along with the armored vehicles.

Oh yeah, and they have very advanced cyber weaponry, and EMP capability. So that they can take out satellites and defense systems. And they have an extremely brutal amphibious marine special forces unit that can be forward deployed anywhere in the world, but certainly can wreak havoc in that part of the world (Japan, Koreas, China). They can be deployed with small undetectable stealth subs and they are more lethal units than Navy frogmen. Their number is large also.

Let's not even get into chemical weapons, dirty bombs, biological weapons, nukes, and stuff like that, and who the hell knows what they might possibly do. All things they are CAPABLE of doing.

Anyone that is stupid enough to open up that Pandora's box on that peninsula, and that includes the USA, will never know what hit them. And people like you, that keep making these comments about how something should be done about North Korea, are displaying psychopathic like behaviors and tendencies.

You are funny and I love this who would win in a fight talk, reminds me of the school yard.

DRONE

^ This is why you are so wrong!

edit on 7-4-2014 by SirDrinksalot because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2014 by SirDrinksalot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Red Cloak
Japan would not stand a chance against North Korea. Get serious please.

Do what??? Japan would easily check North Korea. Even taking into account ground forces N. Korea is behind the times. Its one thing to have over a million men under arms. Its something else entirely when those million men are equipped with the best equipment from 1950. I think any large scale military engagement would see North Korean units dissolve from the start. Its one thing to be a member of their military since it guarantees they get fed. Place them into combat and I doubt loyalty keeps the units together.

Those N. Korean units that did not dissolve at the outbreak of hostilities would quickly do so once technology is applied.

Red Cloak
China isn't going to dare to get itself involved in any war with North Korea. They know better. If there is going to be a reunification of the Korean peninsula, it will be under North Korea, not the South.

Only if the reunification occurs in the land of make believe... Maybe Kim Un can ride into Seoul on one of his magic unicorns from his special god Grotto he keeps them at.

Being China was the force behind North Korea's survival in the war the first go around, remove China from a second round and N. Korea does not stand a chance. After all, where would N. Korea get supplies, ammunition, fuel etc etc etc. They are heavily reliant on China for those daily items. Introduce a war footing, and taking into account China not assisting the North, N. Korea has no other sources to obtain the needed material to sustain long term military goals.

Unless they pass out magic unicorns.....

Red Cloak
Because eventually, someone like Japan or USA, or South Korea, but definitely NOT China, is going to be stupid enough to start something with North Korea, and when they do, they will go down hard, and the whole peninsula is going under their control.

I love it when people substitute reality for the North Korean mindset.

In case you missed it the 2 Koreas are still at war. S. Korea is a modern military firmly planted in the 21st century where as N. Korea is firmly planted in the tv series MASH.

When a cease fire is the only thing preventing outright hostilities, its probably not a good idea for N. Korea to try and show off the size of its balls. One day they are going to try it and realize they just got turned into a eunuch without seeing it coming.

The best path for N. Korean survival, at least until Un brings the whole mess down, is to sit down and shut up (of course at the moment they have not bothered to stand up). Listening to N. Korea and their rhetoric is one thing. When it comes to reality their rhetoric will not save them.

The North Korean people have nothing to loose and should remove Kim Un as soon as possible. At least then the North Korean people would be fighting for a noble cause instead of having their lives wasted on the misadventure's of Kim Joke Un.
edit on 7-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SirDrinksalot

How about some honest research on the issue.

I suggest this is one place to start. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wrabbit2000 www.abovetopsecret.com...&list=wall also has a few great threads on the issue, all of which are listed on the thread listed above.

I would not laugh at NK as a regional power, no, not at all!

P

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Red Cloak
It's the most heavily fortified and protected country in the world. They have been at de facto war state for 61 years. They have most of their war machine built underground in heavily fortified bunkers under mountains. Any air attack won't even make a dent on them.

It is not a defacto state - They are still at war with only a cease fire in place. Secondly a heavily fortified border is an issue if nations still relied mainly on ground advancement. Since the Us / S.K and Japan have moved into the 21st century, bypassing a fortification is easy. It was done by the Germans in WWII and if memory serves it was done against N. Korea when we landed at Inchon.

Red Cloak
They are built for a war of attrition. Someone dares to go in there, and they face a brutal geography and weather, with miles of land mines, and facing the world's most elite special forces and hand to hand fighters. US forces were destroyed the last time they tried it.

Destroyed so severely that the US pushed N. Korea to the Chinese border. Had it not been for China pulling N. Korea's chestnuts out of the fire, this would not have been an issue for the last 60 years.

Red Cloak
The difference is now they are actually prepared for this, unlike then. Heavily bunkered in and with seemingly endless tons of munitions stored deep underground, along with the armored vehicles.

Heavily bunkered in... All N. Korea has to do is look at WWII in the Pacific, where allied forces bypassed Japanese fortifications. Last I checked the allies won WWII and not Japan, with her fortifications.

The days of 2 ground armies slogging it out for real estate on an equal footing are over with. A nation can have thousands of tanks. They don't do much good when modern hand held anti tank missiles can destroy them in one shot. N. Korea may have a large army, but its equipped like it is still 1950.

Red Cloak
Oh yeah, and they have very advanced cyber weaponry, and EMP capability. So that they can take out satellites and defense systems. And they have an extremely brutal amphibious marine special forces unit that can be forward deployed anywhere in the world, but certainly can wreak havoc in that part of the world (Japan, Koreas, China). They can be deployed with small undetectable stealth subs and they are more lethal units than Navy frogmen. Their number is large also.

Oh good god, not another "they will use cosmic weapons" argument. Feel free to share with us your links to their magic EMP weaponry. Unless you are referring to their failed nuke tests and them EMP'ing themselves.

As for their special forces maybe you should read history and see how effective those special forces are.

Red Cloak
Let's not even get into chemical weapons, dirty bombs, biological weapons, nukes, and stuff like that, and who the hell knows what they might possibly do. All things they are CAPABLE of doing.

The "magic I win" arsenal from a third rate power whose leader, Kim joke Un, is as intelligent as the telletubbies. Something you don't seem to understand is just how incompetent the North's leader is. Its one thing to rise through the ranks in order to command a military. Its something else entirely when that position is just given to someone, whose mindset is they will be respected because of who they are and not what they accomplished.

That single fact is what guarantees North Korean failure in any military misadventure their wing nut leader forces on her own people.

Red Cloak
And people like you, that keep making these comments about how something should be done about North Korea, are displaying psychopathic like behaviors and tendencies.

On the contrary - Those comments are in line with world opinions. North Korea is a danger and their leader is such an idiot that he seriously thinks if he has WMD's he could win any war. When the leader of north Korea has his head that far under the sand, it does not bode well for the North Korean people.

I enjoy reading your posts and your position on North Korea... Have you thought about writing science fiction novels?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

pheonix358
I agree completely. The US having Nukes is just the same as letting a street gang have them. Gang bangers with Nukes. I do not want anyone to have the damn things. The question is one of utter hypocrisy.

Yet we don't threaten their use every other day and twice on Sundays as some nations like to do. As for hypocrisy, not even close. The reason for the Us to have nukes is based on Russia / Soviet Union and not N. Korea.

If people actually applied common sense they would see that a nation using a nuclear weapon against a non nuclear nation would not be tolerated. The drive of N. Korea to obtain them is not based on a MAD doctrine, nor would it serve as a deterrence, as N. Korea likes to try and argue.

As for hypocrisy is there any reason you consistently go at the US while ignoring Russia, China's and.... wait for it.... North korea's? Or were you demonstrating your own hypocrisy as an example?

pheonix358
It would be nice, but who's puppets would be in power, the US, Russia, China, choose one!

How about the Korean people decide that one? Or is this another example of your hypocrisy?

pheonix358
It will not happen and I think China does not want the situation changed at this point.

The Chinese government, Chinese people and wikileaks completely disagrees with you. The Chinese government shows more support to the North Korean government than the Chinese people do. They want the "special relationship" with N. Korea to end, specifically because of the danger N. Korea presents to the Chinese economy.

China will not risk its place in the 21st century to protect the spoiled brat N. Korean has become.

pheonix358
It is too good an asset. With a bit of goading and a few promises, China can involve the West in a horrendous war without getting her hands dirty. NK is not a pushover which is why no one wants to try.

Good post, well thought out, my compliments.

P

You really should research more into the relations between N. Korea and China. Your mindset on their relationship is about a decade behind of where they are at in the real world. China has already stated behind closed doors (thanks to wikileaks) that a Korean peninsula unified under Seoul is acceptable, with the caveat that American forces remain south of the 38th parallel.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You did not read any of the material I alluded to. Days of research by many people and you can't be bothered even looking at it.

It shows how you discuss and debate issues.

I am sorry now that I replied to one of your posts.

P

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by SirDrinksalot

How about some honest research on the issue.

I suggest this is one place to start. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wrabbit2000 www.abovetopsecret.com...&list=wall also has a few great threads on the issue, all of which are listed on the thread listed above.

I would not laugh at NK as a regional power, no, not at all!

P

Yup seen them and still laugh, reminds me or Iraq...what you are seeing is a step age in technology differences, valves to microchips, arrows against armour. The drone is a RC aircraft - we are flying unmanned stealthy bombers off carriers!

They can barely run the country let alone sustain any kind of war, before the bullets run out, the fuel will be gone, they will have consumed all the dogs, the regime will be decapitated and the military will be an innefective mix of antique and outdated, obsolete equipment.

They say a war plan doesnt usually survive the first contact, cannot imagine young Un and his military have many plans which can deal with shock and awe..its not like they have any experience in modern battles?

No sire - I laugh loudly at NK as a regional power.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

pheonix358

You did not read any of the material I alluded to. Days of research by many people and you can't be bothered even looking at it.

It shows how you discuss and debate issues.

I am sorry now that I replied to one of your posts.

P

As a matter of fact I did.. The issue still remains that north korea is not a threat when it comes to comparison between technologies. The position of the US possessing nuclear weapons is no where near North Korea possessing them and your charge of hypocrisy on the same topic demonstrates just how lacking in knowledge / understanding of that issue you are.

You are making your position from having issues with the Us and its foreign policy. That bias translates into you making a claim against the US while purposely ignoring the same when it comes to nations that are not the US.

South Korea nor Japan have nuclear weapons. With the North pursuing them, would you call S. Korea and Japan hypocritical for wanting them as a deterrent to North Korea? I also take note you refuse to acknowledge the constant threats from north Korea to their neighbors, like S. Korea and Japan while at the same time I do no see S. Korea and Japan threatening to rain down destruction on N. Korea every other day.

Should we review the diplomatic message N. Korea sent to the president of S. Korea and how they described her in it?

If you are unable to provided any relevant information to support your point, don't take it out on me when it undermines your own argument. Your position is in fact based on hypocrisy, however the hypocrisy is your own.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

As a matter of fact I did (read them).

There was an elapsed time of 9 minutes between my post and your reply and you authored two posts in that time. You say you read 4 entire threads as well.

Yea right!

P

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

pheonix358

As a matter of fact I did (read them).

There was an elapsed time of 9 minutes between my post and your reply and you authored two posts in that time. You say you read 4 entire threads as well.

Yea right!

P

www.abovetopsecret.com... - First Strike Capability with Conventional Weapons - Posted April 13 2013
www.abovetopsecret.com... - Military concerns and Summaries - Posted March 30th 2013
www.abovetopsecret.com... - Geography in Conflict - Posted March 30th 2013.
www.abovetopsecret.com... - Korea : Status of United States Forces and Early Signs of Changes - Posted March 29th 2013

So yeah It did not take me a year to read the posts you are referring to, as they have been posted for more than a year. It also means the information contained is a year out of date. Regardless of what you link to, you are demonstrating a lack of fundamentals in this area. To throw the word hypocrite around when referring to the US while ignoring it anywhere else is in fact hypocritical as well.

North Korea is a country out of time and their military and doctrine is a reflection of that past. They have no desire to obtain nuclear weapons as a deterrent. We know this based on common sense being the US has numbers ranging in the thousands in reference to nuclear weapons. North Korea does not have the resources to build that many warheads and their current technological level barely allows them to hit US locations in the Pacific.

I have no issue with you or anyone else taking the US to task. I do take exception when you attempt it and its based on anything but fact coupled with willfully ignoring all information, specifically the information that does not support your position.

Secondly, I take an active interest in world politics and was my major in college. It does not take me all that much time to read what a person posts and understand what it is they are trying to say. This situation on the Korean peninsula has been around for a long time, and the information / discussion you are using has been hashed out many other times with many other people in many other discussion threads on many other sites.

I applaud the effort though on trying to undermine my position by referencing nothing more than the time it would take to read a post. I would suggest you spend more time researching your own information and position rather than trying to criticize me for holding a different position based on fact.

Regards

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

ROFL

It took you 30 minutes to find the references and type that reply and then claim that you can remember pages and pages of posts from a whole year ago!

On top of all that you just dismiss all of that valuable information much of it posted from DOD and Congressional sources!

P

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

When I hear North Korea and rocket launch in the same sentence I immediately conjure an image of empty beer cans all over the ground, a passed out guy whose friends wedged a whiffle ball bat under his arm while placing 20 bottle rockets, that have all been taped together, including and unbeknownst taped to the bat itself, while another friend will light the fuse with a flame thrower...

All the while Un, in a slurred voice, states - Hey y'all watch this... - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is what I envision as to what there missile launch looks like...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Not at all... just your post.

Feel free to continue dragging the thread off topic though.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The former uncle who was killed was the go between for N. Korea and China. When he was executed, and his staff subsequently purged, I think it removed the one last bridge between the 2 countries. I think China took that action as an affront, that Un was running his own game plan and felt Chinese relations / concerns were not a part of that plan.

There have been recent rumors than Un's brother (who fled and is in hiding since he would pose a threat to Un) was in china and was being protected by Chinese authorities. If true, I think it signals the eventual end of N. Korea. At some point N. Korea is going to become one of those issues for china where the mindset of having a unified Korea under Seoul would be less problematic than allowing Un to continue to act like Dr. Strangelove.

Pretty smart move on Fatty's part. The uncle was a huge liability ... and you know Fatty didn't take action completely on his own. The uncle held the position of 'voice of authority' over Fatty's little ear. Feeding him to the dogs removed any possibility of diplomatically undermining Fatty's leadership after he settled in on the throne. Funny thing though ... on stage, it looked almost like a coup.

Now, if anyone wants dialogue with North Korea, they know who they're going to be talking to. The way the whole thing played out shows Fatty is not to be underestimated. He will be the central North Korean figure in the decision making process. Should things work out in his favor it'll be that much more difficult for the North Korean people to get free of him ... and he's a young man with a long life ahead of him.

We'll have to see what happens with food contributions this year. We'll have to see if Hyundai gets over on the South Korean government and puts the factories in the KaeSong Industrial Park back into production ... maybe generate contributions through renewed interest in the KumGang Mountain tour. There's a schedule that has to be kept. There's a quota which has to be met. I don't know what these are, but I'm sure the North has it all figured out. Of one thing there is no doubt: an Arduous March is not in the cards at this stage of Fatty's reign. The current round of saber rattling is a very good indication of this. There is an underlying current of tension over here ... and with a less-than-competent POTUS and a SecDef who was barely confirmed ... I understand why.

At the forefront of the VIP's minds is the knowledge the Fatty held the rank of 4-Star General and was in charge of the region where the Cheonan was sunk and YeonPyeongDo was shelled. The recent artillery exchange in the ocean is just another statement that he is not concerned at all with his military's ability to deal with South Korea. A hundred thousand Americans and a whole bunch of citizens from around the world are probably the only thing keeping him from green-lighting a full-scale invasion. International backlash sucks.

Reporting from Seoul,
Snarl

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Applying logic one could also assume that fatty has no intention of being diplomatic when dealing with its only ally, China.

If China feels they have hit a wall dealing with fatty, then its entirely possible fatty will find himself all of a sudden alone on the world stage he created. China will only assist fatty up to a point, at which point they are going to realize a new government in N. Korea, whether it be S. Korea or another regime, is safer than the one present now.

The last nuke test N. Korea did was in direction contradiction to what China wanted, which is why they supported additional sanctions on N. Korea. When fatty is going to behave like a child who has his finger on the launch button, I would not discount China taking action on their own.

As for dealing with the North I say shut them out. No food deliveries, no joint construction areas... Nothing that would continue to support the regime in power,

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I was living in Japan in 2000 when North Korea Fired a Missile that landed in the sea of Japan.

I can tell you it feel a lot more real when you are actually in range of the missiles.....

I support the decision to shoot them down, It would put the good people of Japan at some ease in knowing the government is actually doing something about the threat....

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I would not discount China taking action on their own.

They might. No telling what North Korea would do if that happened.

Just think if that prompted Fatty to invade the south. Would the Chinese pursue them all the way to Pusan in a mop-up OP?

Seems to me China's wanted this peninsula for a long lotta years. Are they playing chess?

edit on 742014 by Snarl because: grammar

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I would wager that any military action that involves China going against North Korea would be a joint effort at some point by the South as well.

The only reason I could see China trying to keep control / annex north Korea would be for resources, both on and off land. Based on everything I am seeing coming from the north I just don't see how China can continue to prop them up. There has been speculation that in the last months / years of his father, he went out of his way to try to get China to essentially prop Un up..

That go between was the uncle that was recently executed. I don't know of any other north Korean official that has a relationship of that level with china. With the purge continuing (I think like another 200 have been rounded up for execution) I cant see the military leadership continuing to support Un. At some point he will have alienated the wrong officers who are in a position to move against him.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The only reason I could see China trying to keep control / annex north Korea would be for resources, both on and off land. Based on everything I am seeing coming from the north I just don't see how China can continue to prop them up. There has been speculation that in the last months / years of his father, he went out of his way to try to get China to essentially prop Un up.

I think China wants autonomous control over the region. They've been patient. They've gained strength. They can take it and probably get away with it. Obama would probably sanction a couple of Chinese bigwigs like he did the Russians over Crimea.

I cant see the military leadership continuing to support Un. At some point he will have alienated the wrong officers who are in a position to move against him.

This may sound like I'm being contradictory for sport ... but I'm not. I heard the same thing when Kim, Il Sung and Kim, Jong Il ruled North Korea too. I don't think there was ever even anything close to an attempt made on those two, and I highly doubt anyone will try it with Fatty. For the North Koreans it's SSDD. Take their food away from them under the new guy, and you've got a game changer. The North Koreans still remember the Arduous March.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Actually there was the explosion at the train terminal in Ryongchon. The explosion occurred at the same station the north Korean leader Kim Jong Il was going thru with his meetings in China (There was a several hour delay in passing thru and the explosion). South Korea doesn't think this is the case but you never know..

There was the incident in Beijing dealing with shots being fired at their embassy which was never explained.

Then there is the awkward award given to the female Police Officer in Pyong Yang that apparently received the nations highest award from Kim Jong Un. The information released from the North suggested her actions may have saved Un's life from an assassination attempt.

The more military members he kills, the more of a chance one of his armed guards is going to be affected by familial relation, resulting in lead poisoning at the early hours of the morning for Un.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join