It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7years and finally i join the ranks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have spent a long time lurking through these forums. I found this place by accident but once I did my eyes became opened and I have awoken from my slumber.

I have followed great topics on here especially the Japanese earthquake, tsunami, and subsequent triple meltdowns at fukushima.

The one thing I have Learned is that you must use you mind to decipher what is truth and what is disinformation. ATS has guided me in the proper methods of discussing opinions with others who may not generally agree with you. Which is why I feel that I have grown and learned enough that I can bring my thoughts and opinions here and find a place that I can hear what others think about them.

I look forward to my time here. And thank you members of ATS for doing what you do here. It really is amazing.

edit on 04pm94u041188 by magnum1188 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by magnum1188

Welcome to ATS, magnum1188!

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send and receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send and receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the plethora of information provided below:

Terms and Conditions ...... (Very important, please review.)

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

General ATS Discussion Etiquette

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. In the meantime, kick your feet up, have a look around, and enjoy your stay.

BoneZ,
ATS Member and Moderator

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thank you very much for that welcome bone. I will review the info you provided and look forward to my time here.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Welcome to the madhouse.

It can be a fun place, and it can drive you mad as well. This is not your everyday site as manners are strictly enforced. Oddly enough, I find that to be refreshing.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I never normally post or say things like this. But welcome, I too have slumbered here a long time and recently awoken!

Enjoy the debates!

Watch the void.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Is there any advice as to what not to do early in my time here. I know this is a place not like others that don't get named
. I just want to do the right things to contribute.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

You'll find that out as you go. Primarily try and remember not to take anything personal.

By the way, welcome to the site and thanks for the glowing review. If you read along the Fuku thread then you know more than most whats going on there.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Swearing, Belittling and bullying are all frowned upon.

Though you will see belittling in some of the forums. Namely the religious and 9-11 forums.

Other than that, take a opposite stance in a respectful manner and you are golden. Basically, treat people as to how you would expect to be treated.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thank you all for the quick answers and help for the new guy.

One last question. What are the stars and flags and how do they work exactly?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Welcome to your new addiction. Sorry, there is no cure...to date.

Enjoy the ride...

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Flags bestow immortality. Gather as many as you can.

Stars show that you are bringing, for the most part, enjoyable content to threads.

I gave you a flag...long live magnum...

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Destinyone

Welcome to your new addiction. Sorry, there is no cure...to date.

Enjoy the ride...

Des

Des I've seen you many times in my years here. I am honored you would stop in and say hi. Your contributions to this community are commendable and a lot of the reason i am here is people like you. Trust me this was an addiction before I started posting here. Who knows now.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

Or rather out of lurk mode!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Oh my gosh, I am honored by your kind words. You get 2 welcome treats tonight. The most coveted ones on ATS

Cookies...

And the ATS Bacon Sammich...

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

welcome!!!! we are a diverse group of people here! there's something for everyone....
wow that is one hella bacon sammi ^ in the post above me!!!!!
edit on 3-4-2014 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

research100

welcome!!!! we are a diverse group of people here! there's something for everyone....
wow that is one hella bacon sammi ^ in the post above me!!!!!
edit on 3-4-2014 by research100 because: (no reason given)

I know. Gotta thank des for that. Don't think my heart could take it, but I would give it a shot.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hey Magnum, ATS has opened my eyes too, so welcome aboard. Hope you don't mind addiction

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Rezlooper
Hey Magnum, ATS has opened my eyes too, so welcome aboard. Hope you don't mind addiction

When are you able to post your own thread?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Welcome to the land of truth and make believe. Like flying dodo's!

True?

Enjoy the time here and if you get frustrated remember your mantras. Also, keep you hands and feet inside until the ride has come to a complete stop.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

magnum1188

Rezlooper

When are you able to post your own thread?

After 10 or so posts. You're there or close now
edit on 4-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join