It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurance Comapnies Say: "80-90 percent of Obamacare enrollees have paid a premium"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Even though the other thread was quickly debunked. The one that incorrectly is titled "only 800,000 have paid for Obamacare"
I thought I would put the fork in it and post facts as news that should settle this.

Instead of using some third hand source (and this time not a defense contractor) as a source I decided to use the actual insurance companies themselves, the ones who actually know the numbers and not just read rumors.

insurance companies estimate between 80 and 90 percent of the 6 million people who have signed up for Obamacare have actually paid a premium. "What we know from insurance companies ... tell(s) us that, for their initial customers, it's somewhere between 80, 85, some say as high as 90 percent, have paid so far," Sebelius said on KWTV-TV. "Lots of companies have different timetables for when their new customers have to send their first payment."

Lets remember Rand's debunked report which only contacted a tiny portion of insurance companies.

Well folks the insurance companies report 80-90 percent.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

Insurance Comapnies Say: "80-90 percent of Obamacare enrollees have paid a premium"

Of course they do.

Insurance companies are the ones that are going to make billions from Obamacare.

edit on 2014/4/3 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I want to see a poll, if this is correct, of how many people had to put other bills "off" to make these payments.

Is it Raman noodles again tonight mom?

How many of these people are late on their rent, or had to go on budget billing because they couldn't pay the power bill because of the mandated time for premiums?

Just curious thats all.

We all know tgat numbers don't lie.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Metallicus

Of course they do.

Insurance companies are the ones that are going to make billions from Obamacare.

And insurance companies need to hire employees. JOBS

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The reality is only around 20% to 25% of these 7 million people are people who actually had no health insurance prior to Obamacare. The 7 million goal was supposed to be "newly insured" individuals not existing ones switching plans. Have you forgotten the 4.7 million people who lost their plan under the new law? Most of this 7 million number come from that 4.7 million already insured crowd not newly insured. To be financially successful, the newly insured enrollments had to hit 7 million and that number is only 1.4 to 1.5 million.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out why they call them apartments when they are stuck together. Or why you park in a driveway and drive on a parkway.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well actually this is the same "Second Hand Rose" info.

The WP story "says" that HHS Secretary Sebelius "says" that "insurance companies say" that they "estimate" this 80-90%.

Why not show us genuine audited table ledgers from computer printouts?

The banks have access to billions of transactions daily at the spur of any moment.

I think the Administration is grabbing at low hanging fruit (self-fertilized by them).

There's still 40 million un-insured.

The high hanging fruit is still budding (and rotting on the vines).

edit on Apr-03-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lightedhype

The pro-Democrat/Obama, anti-GOP campaigning is off to an early start.

Based on join dates, posts and threads, it would seem that this is their only agenda (at-least until they see this post).

***Tip***: to the campaigners, its best to sprinkle in some other crap so you can claim that this isnt your main cause.

When it comes to national agendas: bank bailouts, corporate welfare, the police state, the foreign empire/imperialism etc., there is very little difference between the two Parties.

But I will say this for the GOP, at-least they are turning against the blatant hypocrites and phonies like Boehner, McCain, Graham etc.

Not a peep from the Democrats against anyone in their Party. Just the same ol' repetition and mindless following...

edit on 3-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

!! NOTICE !!

This is getting to be an issue as the political season heats up. For the record. Members have every right to post things from the Left side of the political spectrum or in support of the administration, just as others have that same right to start threads on other issues which support the Right. If T&C isn't broken, it works.

Discussing or Debating the topic on facts and merit is always going to work. Going after a member instead of the topic will never work.

Ever.

If you see something you think is a T&C issue, please feel free to contact staff through the Complaints and Suggestions form. Staff review everything submitted that way and action is taken where it applies.

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Civility & Decorum are Expected

YOU are responsible for your posts.

Always the topic. Never personal. Please.

- Wrabbit2000

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

!! NOTICE !!

This is getting to be an issue as the political season heats up. For the record. Members have every right to post things from the Left side of the political spectrum or in support of the administration, just as others have that same right to start threads on other issues which support the Right. If T&C isn't broken, it works.

Discussing or Debating the topic on facts and merit is always going to work. Going after a member instead of the topic will never work.

Ever.

If you see something you think is a T&C issue, please feel free to contact staff through the Complaints and Suggestions form. Staff review everything submitted that way and action is taken where it applies.

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Civility & Decorum are Expected

YOU are responsible for your posts.

Always the topic. Never personal. Please.

- Wrabbit2000

Quite well spoken as usual wrabbit!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

The article I'm your post says insurance companies estimate. Isn't a estimate just a guess?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

No.
A guess would be a guess.
An estimate is an estimate. You could call it an educated guess but it's generally more accurate.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A educated guess. So just a guess then, that may or may not be true.

edit on 3-4-2014 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

A educated guess. So just a guess then, that may or may not be true.

No. More than a guess...an estimate is based information.
You can write a contract based on a construction estimate. That is not a guess.

Do you think the actual numbers are significantly less than 80%?
Why?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Skymon612
Even though the other thread was quickly debunked. The one that incorrectly is titled "only 800,000 have paid for Obamacare"
I thought I would put the fork in it and post facts as news that should settle this.

www.washingtonpost.com...

A few issues I see.

First off the insurance companies had been threatened by the administration with regards to insurance. If insurance companies did not get on board they were told they could be dropped from the program (Obamacare).

Secondly the percentages are guesses and not firm. This is pretty much stated in the article where they keep referring to how different insurance companies have different pay schedules.

Third - I don't trust the information coming from the administration. They have lied / mislead / omitted information from the start about this legislation. The midterms are coming up and the administration is attempting to rebound in an effort to get democrats elected / re-elected. This administration has been consistent in obfuscating / lying to the American people in order to remain in the White House.

Finally, the other reason I don't trust the information is based on Obama and his bypass of Congress on this very legislation. If you notice they are not presenting the breakdown in the numbers.

* - How many signed up?
* - How many paid?
* - How many were denied coverage?

Saying 7 million have enrolled without providing the breakdown on the categories, at least imo, comes across as another attempt to mislead and present something in a manner that's inconsistent with the facts.

again, my personal opinions.

Do I think universal healthcare is a good thing? - Absolutely.
In its current form? - Absolutely not.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

An estimate is based on current information. The age of the Earth was once estimated at 6,000 years using info that was on hand at the time.
The insurance companies are our friends and should be trusted in this modern fascistbreality that we have for a government. ... right?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

First off the insurance companies had been threatened by the administration with regards to insurance. If insurance companies did not get on board they were told they could be dropped from the program (Obamacare).
What do you mean dropped from the program? If an insurance company offers compliant plans they are compliant. If their plans are not compliant they are not compliant. To meet requirements subscribers must enroll in a compliant plan.

Secondly the percentages are guesses and not firm. This is pretty much stated in the article where they keep referring to how different insurance companies have different pay schedules.
Thus a range of those who have paid, depending on the company.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

A question for the OP:
Don't you think it is remarkable that the Federal Government, at a cost of over a trillion dollars, couldn't give the answer that the Washington Post says it got from the private companies that stand to make money from the program?
The person in charge of the program could not give Congress the answer.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The insurance companies are our friends and should be trusted in this modern fascistbreality that we have for a government. ... right?

Not sure how them lying about how many people have paid premiums would help them.
Not sure if they are really excited about being forced by the government to accept anyone who can afford to buy insurance either.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join