It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 passenger sending message with Iphone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

BlindBastards
The link posted was on the 19th of March. Who purports an April Fools joke twelve days early?

And who can charge an iPhone while it's up his own arse?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

BlindBastards
The link posted was on the 19th of March. Who purports an April Fools joke twelve days early?

That's a ridiculous question. Are you implying it's not possible to conserve a phone's charge for three weeks by turning it off? Obviously you wouldn't leave it on...

Trying to figure out your angle here.
It's stamped March 19th.
If it's false, it's in bad taste.
edit on 4 1 2014 by JohnTheSmith because: Number violation. lol

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
hmm,
musta been a trunk call

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I laughed initially.

I think it doesn't make sense to post on an obscure website rather than sending a text to a loved one.

However it is plausible that a phone can be shoved up his ass and Diego garcia is in the frame.

But rationally thinking..put yourself in their shoes..if you haven't got a bullet in your head and you have a phone.. you'd send a message to a family member..and if say you couldn't get signal.. times running out before you get rumbled..any message out is better than none?

Is there any indication of information that has since been released that would prove it fake.. stuff that the passengers simply wouldn't know?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

BlindBastards

Oh I guess you must not of heard..

There is a new ass worn charger, it uses piezoelectric crystals. The instructions clearly state "To achieve full charge capacity, this device requires a strong pelvic muscle".

Korg.

edit on 1-4-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
"I have managed to hide my cellphone in my ass during the hijack."

This guy's talking out of his arse.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by vivid1975

For those of you who might be interested in disecting the original threads, here are the links to the OP post

archive.4plebs.org...

And the link to the second thread I posted on p1

archive.4plebs.org...

There is a somewhat interesting picture that supposedly has the coordinates of Diego Garcia embedded in it.

Someone has done a lot of work to create an elaborate fraud.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

IamAbeliever
"I have managed to hide my cellphone in my ass during the hijack."

This guy's talking out of his arse.

Naaa he had it on Vibrate! lolol

Korg.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I don’t necessarily believe this but for the sake of the discussion

Conspiracy theorists debunking the debunkers

www.jimstonefreelance.com...

DEBUNK ATTEMPTS AND UPDATES I did not want to post, but now have to because of the way certain people took this. Iphone won't fit? That is SILLY. From an E.R. doctor who pulled a 12 inch long 8 inch wide salami out of an idiot´s butt OTHER DEBUNK ATTEMPTS: If anything was used to re-tag this image, it would say so in the software tag of the image. Any time software modifies any aspect of the image, the last thing to touch the image gets put in the software tag. The Iphone's standard software is in the image tag and nothing else. That means this image has NOT been re-tagged and that is the FIRST THING I checked before posting this story. And NO, YOU CANNOT MODIFY IT WITH A PROGRAMMING EDITOR UNLESS YOU ARE A MACHINE LANGUAGE GENIUS. Open notepad (which is a basic programming editor). Drag the photo into notepad. it will open as code. The Exif is all machine code. This is the NSA type hack I talked about, unless the NSA or a serious hacker wanted to do this, the photo is legit. And the surrounding circumstances also show this story to be legit. A non shill question: Diego Garcia is a military installation. Are there civilians on the island? ANSWER: YES, 1,600 of them. And they have cell phones no doubt. Civilian cell service would be there. And what about all the military spouses? They would be there too, and NOT in the military but (possibly) listed as military. They have phones as well, Diego Garcia would not be a black hole. Non shill comment: Geosetter can modify exif. I did it, I changed the location in the picture. My comment: Did Geosetter erase the Iphone O.S. version? It should have, and that would prove the photo fake. Above, all that data is perfectly intact. All software I have seen will say it modified a photo. Since Geosetter is public domain it should say it had the image and produced it with the Iphone O.S. data either added to or removed entirely. Absent this, Geosetter would be a hacker app. Sorcha Faal wrote: Why did he not post the Exif data. My comment: NOTHING IS BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL PHOTO, WHICH CONTAINS THE EXIF. DONT YOU KNOW HOW TO VIEW IT? THE INSTRUCTIONS WERE CLEAR. BLOCKBUSTER UPDATE AGAIN: This got posted to 4chan and was pulled immediately, but 4plebs, an independently run backup of 4chan which is NOT controlled has the original on archive, and the date of posting matches the photo. BINGO! read itHERE. This answers the question why the photo only surfaced recently. Someone surfing archives found it. 4chan would be absolutely a PRIME choice for someone in trouble.

More Debunks answered

There was no Philip wood working for IBM - this one was really poor. This was the very first debunk posted anywhere, and it's so thin and transparent well, if you get fooled by that one let's just say I am not going to help you by linking out AGAIN. Re read the article please The exif data was hacked - That would debunk the whole story, but it is not the case. Actually untraceably changing exif is not that easy. ALL LEGITIMATE SOFTWARE, EVERY LAST BIT OF IT OUT THERE, WILL SAY IT HAD THE PICTURE AND PRODUCED IT IF IT IS SAVED WITH THAT SOFTWARE. THERE ARE NO SUCH FINGERPRINTS ON PHILIP'S IMAGE. Most people do not even know what exif data is. From my experience I would say that fewer 9 out of 10 people have heard of it. Of the fewer than 10 percent who have, most will be photographers. I have been doing photography and known about exif since the beginning of digital photography. And there have been times, for the sake of sending messages secretly embedded in Jpegs or claiming ownership of images, I have wanted to hack exif at least enough to pull entire Jpegs into programming editors to see if there was anything I could tweak. Except for a few notes in the Jpeg, the exif is machine language. That's pretty tough to work with and even most who work as professional programmers can't do it which makes that scenario highly implausible. And software like photoshop ALWAYS changes the software tag and claims full ownership of the image. So even though there are applications that can edit exif, they always leave a trace in the software tag. The photo posted by Philip had no such changes to the software tag. If the image posted by Philip is NOT legit, it would have taken someone with an ability to write machine language to modify it without a trace, or a hacker with an obscure app to do it, and I call bunk on that because those types of people are small in number and have better things to do than hatch b.s. on the web. This was NOT done by a teenager for a week end prank. It would be a very small number of people that actually managed to do it, as I said all along - CIA/NSA types or really good hackers. And I seriously doubt that prospect.

Why post to 4chan rather than call home? That's pretty easy to explain. The NSA would have blocked that particular number from reaching anyone of importance in Philip's life. They do it to my phones all the time, to such an extent I gave up on cell phones, they are useless for me. And even Claudia's phones have been cut off from receiving calls from family members, the NSA does that just to isolate people who are dissenters. Flight 370 would have been handled. E-mails? Ditto. Facebook and others that require log in? DITTO. That left only totally public blogs that did not require log in to get a message out, and 4chan is one of those. Those are the TWO legitimate questions I can think of that people could actually ask about how and why, the rest - such as you could never get a phone up your ass when you are a really smart guy who would have noticed the plane turned around and the pilot on the intercom saying the plane has been hijacked and now you have FIVE FULL HOURS TO THINK OF SOMETHING BEFORE THE PLANE LANDS, come on now, ONE guy out of 230 figured something out. The whole argument about how the phone made it is in my opinion silly. The bottom line is that the arguments against the story are a whole lot weaker than the arguments supporting it, and when you add to that the fact that the web site got hacked repeatedly and someone even managed to get a back ground image of a bloody body strewn all the way through it for a few hours Saturday night, well, hackers don't have my log ins, only the NSA or other high level gov types would because I am too good with passwords (they are typically un hackable ones like N532r689$^// and with hackers they won't fix it right when they think I am going to log on, they will leave it up. It got fixed without me doing anything, I never knew about it until someone told me. That would be a back stab by an intelligence agency, WHY WOULD THIS STORY BE THAT IMPORTANT IF IT WAS B.S.? They don't just pull that type of stunt out of the blue. And the shillage was MASSIVE on this one, with outright lies that were very weak early on, evolving into other lies that were harder to dismiss, and now they are focusing on the exif and whether or not it can be changed without a trace. Well, my answer is above and was always in the original post, and it is the RIGHT ANSWER, YES, BY HACKERS AND INTELLIGENCE AGENCY TYPES, BUT NOT BY WEEKEND JOE AND THAT MAKES THAT ARGUMENT WEAK. Ultimately I guess anyone who worked in the right places could do anything, including walking up to you cloaked by the latest technology and hitting you in the head with a bean bag. But the preponderance of evidence weighs heavily in favor of this all being legit, and that is what I am sticking with.

Exif not reliable? Ultimately you could say it is not reliable because yes, a really good programmer could hack it, and that is ABSOLUTELY TRUE, but that DOES NOT mean that the photo is automatically fake. And look at what a Retinax filter pulled out of the darkness - Hard to see, but sure looks like it could be like THIS image from Abu Ghraib: On 2014-03-31 11:52, Mary wrote: Jim, I am a longtime reader and supporter. Philip Wood was my husband Todd's client - my husband is a realtor in Keller, TX and we sold Philip's home on Lazy Lane in Keller several years ago. When he and his wife divorced, we also sold Elaine a new home just a couple of years ago. We kept in touch with him from time to time. I have had trouble sleeping since the info came out about him being held in a cell with a bag over his head. Philip is a very nice guy, a man who lived a simple life, and he was just doing his job for IBM. He was involved with "data storage" for IBM - at least that's what he told us, and he was so excited to get over there to Beijing and the surrounding areas to see the world and help IBM. Thank you for the work you are doing, my God - our world is so evil it's unimaginable. Best Regards, Mary

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
While we are at it then, here's the picture that was supposedly uploaded with the messages. I am not computer literate enough to read the exif data and I hope by uploading it to ATS it has not been modified, but here it is for those of you who are well versed in these things;

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

markosity1973
While we are at it then, here's the picture that was supposedly uploaded with the messages. I am not computer literate enough to read the exif data and I hope by uploading it to ATS it has not been modified, but here it is for those of you who are well versed in these things;

Was this pic taken while the phone was still up his a$$? Sure is dark in there.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Go back to the original thread I linked on page 1 - the ATS one. Someone there has taken the time to analyse the pics a bit. Apparently there is actually an image in there, a guy in a dark room. Can't say that my computer will let me see anything other than a few purple blotches when I zoom in on it, but then I'm using a fairly old skool laptop so I can't exactly say I've got access to the latest and greatest tech to investigate this.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

There's an alleged pic here: www.thedailysheeple.com...

But it's black. Says the EXIF data show DG coords, but I'm pretty sure they'd be jamming frequencies. This just doesn't seem plausible.

If this is an April Fools joke...it's too soon.

ETA: Ooops you guys covered the pic.
edit on 4/1/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The more pertinent question is this;

Does Diego Garcia even have cell reception? It's a military base and I don't really see why it would have civillian phone coverage there in the middle of nowhere. And an Iphone 5 to my knowledge is not a sattelite phone.

So, how did he even get signal? Free Macca's wifi?

ETA: Yup thought so, no cell service

Communicating The commercial/private phone system is operated by Cable & Wireless, the local British phone company. Phone cards must be purchased to call off the island. Stateside phone cards will not work. Phone cards come in increments of $10, $20, $50 and $100 and may be purchased at Cable & Wireless. When your card gets low you can have it updated at the C&W office. Phone calls range from 40 to 60 cents a minute depending on time of day. If you have a computer, bring it along. Another way to keep in touch with the folks back home is e-mail, Instant Messenger, or webcam. Private Internet access is available through C&W for a one-time $20 fee and at a cost of 2 cents a minute from 0001-0449 and 4 cents per minute from 0600-2400 for a dial-up connection. A private DSL internet connection is available for $95.00/month. There are also Internet Café computers free of charge at several locations for personal use. Do you want to send a card or letter home by mail? Diego Garcia is home to the only U.S. Post Office in the Indian Ocean. The average time for mail to and from the States is about 8-10 days. Regular letters up to 13 ounces can be mailed for free.

Source
edit on 1-4-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

archive.4plebs.org...
There is a somewhat interesting picture that supposedly has the coordinates of Diego Garcia embedded in it.
Someone has done a lot of work to create an elaborate fraud.

..not hard enough imho,
archive.4plebs = archive for plebians

plebian
of, pertaining to, or belonging to the ancient Roman plebs. 3. common, commonplace, or vulgar: a plebeian joke. noun. 4. a member of the common people.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Must have been a long night trying to type that message, while up his A$$. LMAO

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hahaha wouldn't the aliens have found the phone when they anally probed him??

Bet he wished he'd brought an old small Nokia with him instead....

This feels like one of the greatest mysterious conspiracies ever!! Until the plane is eventually found with a mundane explanation that is...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I could be wrong but wouldn't Diego Garcia definitely have cell reception? I mean I've been on plenty of US military bases....I've always had cell service.

The fact that this was posted March 19th is very very interesting. This two most obvious 'debunks' people are saying in this thread are both debunked themselves. I am a medical student, you may never want to know this, but the average anus is capable of holding something the size of a soda can, so yes a phone would fit.

And obviously yes you can conserve a cell's battery by turning it off. My personal cell phone would have a charge 2 weeks later even if left on if it was on airplane mode and never touched.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

That's what I noticed too , it's really weird . I don't hope that this man is going to be punished if he and others are in real danger .. but if this could be true .. what reason would this hijacking be?

markosity1973

One question came into mind.. do cellphones Iphones when turned on , startup in default mode so that the flash is automatically turned on?

edit on 0b59America/ChicagoTue, 01 Apr 2014 13:49:59 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 01 Apr 2014 13:49:59 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Please add comments to the duplicate thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join