It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House looks to regulate cow flatulence as part of climate agenda!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

kaylaluv

neo96
reply to post by kaylaluv

Then I suggest that "people" do their own research and figure out that pollution is a very real problem.

I suggest people do their own research,and see the cluster eff the US government truly is, and is a BIGGER PROBLEM.

No, dying from lack of oxygen is a way bigger problem than a cluster eff. I'd rather deal with a sometimes cumbersome bureaucratic system then to die in my own waste.

Who the hell is dying from a 'lack of oxygen' ?

Talk about exaggeration.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

neo96

kaylaluv

neo96

Then I suggest that "people" do their own research and figure out that pollution is a very real problem.

I suggest people do their own research,and see the cluster eff the US government truly is, and is a BIGGER PROBLEM.

No, dying from lack of oxygen is a way bigger problem than a cluster eff. I'd rather deal with a sometimes cumbersome bureaucratic system then to die in my own waste.

Who the hell is dying from a 'lack of oxygen' ?

Talk about exaggeration.

Well, we're not dying from lack of oxygen because of those horrible, awful, terrible regulations that our horrible, evil, terrible government imposes. But in Beijing.....

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Unfortunately the hot gasses that have currently been escaping from the cows asses, compare not, to the gasses that are escaping from the mouths of the people in the white house at this present time .

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Which is why checking,savings,money markets, mutual funds, cds all pay jacksnip.
Actually mutuals were doing great right up until a certain something (which had to do with banking) happened in 2008 but they've bounced back pretty well.
www.ingfunds.com...

In the 80's those other things were doing a lot better but then, inflation was pretty extreme at the time too. High interest and high inflation sort of go hand in hand, it doesn't have much to do with bank regulation.

But weren't we talking about cow farts? Or was it voluntary efforts to deal with manure?
edit on 3/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, lack of oxygen isn't an actual issue..not like we are going to suddenly suffocate one day collectively. Rather, the bigger issue is more energy being trapped in the ozone from ever increasing greenhouse gases. this will cause all sorts of havoc on the biosphere, such as hotter summers, melting icecaps (which will add more energy into the system without reflecting outward), megastorms, a slow increase in earths temperatures, that being most worrying the oceans (the main food source as a species). Fertility of plants and pollination will be disrupted, etc..

Basically, mass starvation is a potential issue. extinction of many plants and animals, superstorms and other erratic weather becoming the norm. topographical changes, deserts where it was once fertile landscapes, etc etc..the longer it goes on, the worse things will get.

But yeah...being able to breath isn't an actual issue...now, breathing air that doesn't house cancerous particles could become a problem..especially in industrial areas.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Well, we're not dying from lack of oxygen because of those horrible, awful, terrible regulations that our horrible, evil, terrible government imposes. But in Beijing...

Thats right we aren't someone else is.

Which defeats the GD purpose doesn't it ?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Actually mutuals were doing great right up until a certain something (which had to do with banking) happened in 2008 but they've bounced back pretty well.

Wasn't the GD bankers.

It was the GD politicans who were going nothing to see there folks.

And it was the GD politicians who ended glass stegall.

And some people want to let them be in control of the 'environment' !

That is a GD joke.

High interest and high inflation sort of go hand in hand, it doesn't have much to do with bank regulation.

Yeah it does because the central banker the Federal reserve sets the rates in this country.

And them evil bankers get it to trouble if they don't follow the rules
edit on 29-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Phage

neo96

So now you are saying that pollution is an imaginary problem?

What I am saying is that far too many people just go along with whatever they say.

Oh my god people are killing the planet. Government has to do something!

Oh my god the evil bankers! Government has to make them nicer !

Oh my god them evil guns ! Government has to do 'something' !.

It really is getting tiresome of people twisting my posts for what ever reason.

So, leave it to industry to fix it on their own. Right.
Bankers...let 'em do what they want. Right.
Guns, well that's a bit different I guess. Let's not have any regulation. Good plan.

No one has to twist anything you say. It's pretty clear.

Yep, regulation is a pretty bad thing. The Constitution, itself, created a legislative body with the power to produce regulations and could be considered the first set of regulations for our country (if one doesn't count the first Constitution, of course). Hmmm, if we're concerned about regulations, I suppose we should probably negate the Constitution so we don't have a regulation producing body working within our government anymore.

Personally, though, I'd like to keep that Constitution and that nefarious regulation producing body with all of its checks and balances upon it and just have the people get smarter. The reason why regulations exist is almost always due to some jerk wad doing something that affected others in a bad way. Sherman Anti-Trust Act was intended to avoid monopolies after the Robber Barons. The EPA was formed up after sites like the Hudson River became so polluted that it actually endangered the people living along it. Even with the existence of the EPA and its powers, GE fought that one with tooth and nail: www.epa.gov...

Most corporations do not give a rat's butt about what they're doing to any particular area's water supply or air quality. Their bottom line and sole social responsibility has long been held as being "to assure profits for their shareholders". If dumping crap into a river is more profitable, then yeah, they'll be likely to do it. Happens in big and small corporations. My dad is actually one of the top 100 water polluters within the US and that's something I'll never forgive him for.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well, however you want to describe it, it's killing people now - and will kill a lot more later.

www.bloomberg.com...

www.theguardian.com...

www.smithsonianmag.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wasn't the GD bankers.
Right. It wasn't the bankers who were giving loans to any and all comers. It wasn't bankers who were dealing those bad loans. It wasn't the collusion between commercial and investment banks.

Yes, it was. And, look what happened when banking regulation was relaxed. Which side are you arguing for anyway?

edit on 3/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Great job Phage!!
Sadly though you're dealing with people who support corporations and profits before people.
Also people who would cut all assistance because those on it are stupid and lazy and gov should not help them
The mentality of the op and others is to pull up the drawbridge, screw anyone who cannot fend for themselves, allow dumping and pollution by corporations, deregulate everthing and shrink gov while handing mega corporations extra powers and rights.

It is a mentality that is anti-human and would kill us all within a few decades.

"What environmental problems, just look at China"

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

neo96

Well, we're not dying from lack of oxygen because of those horrible, awful, terrible regulations that our horrible, evil, terrible government imposes. But in Beijing...

Thats right we aren't someone else is.

Which defeats the GD purpose doesn't it ?

The purpose of the regulations is to improve the quality of air (and thereby the health) for the citizens in our country. I think the regulations have served their purpose pretty well so far.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right. It wasn't the bankers who were giving loans to any and all comers.

That is right It was the GD politicians:

That created that mess.

Yes, it was. And, look what happened when banking regulation was relaxed. Which side are you arguing for anyway?

The side that can see the US does nothing right.

Which is why I don't support the crap that is being sold in this thread.

As per 'global warming' just using it as an excuse to make more 'laws' that are not going to be enforced or followed.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The purpose of the regulations is to improve the quality of air (and thereby the health) for the citizens in our country. I think the regulations have served their purpose pretty well so far.

IF they did China would not have pollution 'problems'.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

neo96

IF they did China would not have pollution 'problems'.

China has pollution problems because China's government had no regulations in place.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

China has pollution problems because China's government had no regulations in place.

China would get no business if they did which is why American companies, and others go there.

Because that regulation runs them out.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That is right It was the GD politicians:

Oh. Sorry. I thought it was banks gave loans. I thought is was investment banks that bought bad loans from commercial banks. I didn't know politicians did that.

Yes, Washington relaxed regulation. The banks were all over it. Look what happened. It was not increased regulation that caused the crash, it was relaxed regulation. The banks were given the opportunity and they jumped at it. Bankers cannot be trusted to act in anyone's interest but their own. Nor can industry.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

We can bring that line right on home, too:

Salt Lake City, Utah--possibly becoming too polluted to have babies. No joke:
www.today.com...

Bakersfield, California--last time I was there, I thought it was just fog til I got out of my car. It was a full on afternoon smog that was coating the city. Apparently 9200 Californians die each year due to this stuff. In fact, most of the cities in the top 10 most polluted lists are Californian as a combo of population density and climate. Should explain why California has been adopting such strict air quality regulations in an effort to reduce the problems.
articles.latimes.com...

And, in a bit of irony, China is inadvertently doing a bit of a "return to sender" with its air pollution. Apparently, it is a small world after all:
articles.latimes.com...

reply to post by Phage

Bingo. To any doubters: see Alan Greenspan and derivatives deregulation. It really was the making of the Financial Crisis of 2007/8.
edit on 29/3/14 by WhiteAlice because: added second reply

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh. Sorry. I thought it was banks gave loans.

Banks give money for loans that come from the federal reserve.

The federal reserve charges a percentage.

The banker charges a percentage.

The person who takes out a loan pays the bank, who then pays the federal reserve.

The person has to get insurance on the loan, the banker gets their own insurance.

And the people who make the biggest killing is the federal reserve since they literally pull that cash out of their snip.

Fannie and Freddy guarantee those loans on top over everything.

Government regulation that says 'everyone gets a home' is a boon to the banker, and the central banker.

That is the way that works by regulation.

All that BS is oversaw by those idiots in DC.

And once again those people can't oversea their way out of a wet paper bag.

So once again they are not the people to entrust the 'future of mankind' too.
edit on 29-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Government regulation that says 'everyone gets a home' is a boon to the banker, and the central banker.

You mean deregulation don't you? Remember you said it yourself:

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join