It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Piers Morgan Signs Off With Final Blast At U.S. Gun Laws

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well, Piers is off. Off to greener pastures or just off. I suppose it doesn't much matter with how many he managed to upset by some very unpopular positions he's pursued.

Piers Morgan wrapped his three-year CNN run tonight with (gasp!) a full hour of discussion about the missing plane. But in his four-minute final remarks, he couldn’t resist taking a parting shot at the NRA. “I assumed that after 70 people were shot in a movie theater, and then, just a few months later, 20 first-graders were murdered with an assault rifle in an elementary school, the absurd gun laws in this country would change,” he said.
Source

He goes on quite a little rant there, for what it is and the time spent on it.

I suppose he left as he came. In a puff of "huh??". A few threads I found from his past moments of notable shows.

Alex Jones vs. Piers Morgan

Jesse Ventura Vs. Piers Morgan

Piers Morgan Laments King George III Couldn't Prevail in Revolutionary War

Yup... 'Ol Piers was quite a character. He'll be missed. . . . . . by someone....somewhere?

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good riddance.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
My heart pumps wee wee.

Later piers.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

people with sound judgement are right to question Americas psychopathic obsession with guns.
but as long as its your people reaping what you sow at schools, theaters and malls.. then who are we too stop you!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I'm sure he'll wind up on another channel so he can keep spewing his crap. Too bad we can't ship him back to England where he belongs. Good riddance!

Now, how can we get rid of the rest? That's the 24,000 dollar question.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
To quote a song thats seems fitting for this.

"Nanana na. nanana na. hey hey goodbye"

Piers morgan you will not be missed.

*Does the d-bryan Yes! chant*

Now we need to be rid of rachel maddow and al sharpton.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Piers Morgan is finally gone? I'm so sad...
OK that's a lie.

Personally I couldn't care less except for the fact it's just rude to go into another country and then spout off about how wrong he thinks our rights and priorities are. I think we should talk Alex Jones into going on BBC and telling the UK they need to demand their guns back.

Oh yeah, I heard they blacklisted AJ, hows that fair.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

He won't be missed by me.

I wish everyone in the MSM would take a lesson from his tenure ... and cease with all the opinion reporting. I also realize MSM is going the way of radio. This'll probably be what Piers is remembered for more than anything else. Damn shame he took up my 15 minute time-slot for fame. -grin-

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I didn't agree with his views, and I didn't really enjoy his show.

But...

the guy made people have discussions. Whether they were fueled or not, he got people to talk about their civil rights and the causes of violence in our society. Open discussion, what ever side you take is never a bad thing; and if there is anything his show did accomplish it was that.

Now that's a whole lot more than I can say about his competitors or his CNN predecessor.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Flag and Star, Wrabbit. Rude Grittance, I say.

And what Piers doesn't emphasize in the little parting pout over our rediculous gun legislation is the fact the scenarios he described were in mandated gun-free zones.
Almost always that IS the case when you get multiple people down-- and it's got to change. No matter what the security detail on the ground, we still have a random air marshal with a clip full of Safety Shot when we fly. There's an automatic "Mind your manners" deterrent..... why can't we get it through the progressive skull that gun laws don't deter sociopaths or the more mentally challenged?

I don't shop in shooting galleries where I'm a designated duck: plenty of 'em in ILLnoise.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Hmmmm I'm pretty sure Piers would be welcomed by the Dear Leader in North Korea. After all Dear Leader and Piers Morgan appears to have a lot in common.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Oh, ah, awkward.
Sorry piers didn't think you where in the room.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think it is very telling in our current stage of evolution where any given event can encourage those that have despised the Constitution to promote it's demise.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order, so they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say. Kurt Vonnegut Cat's Cradle

I think this says it pretty well... take away from it what you wish.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

As if you could, if you tried?

I am for more restrictions, especially for fully automatic rifles. America's gun obsession is problematic, but I do believe citizens should be allowed to protect their homes or carry if licensed. I would favor more education and safety training to be required to maintain legal licensing, with stiff penalty for noncompliance, including revocation and confiscation...but it is the confiscation part that is risky and dangerous. I hope sensibility overrides gun entitlement promoted by fear of government control. The majority of gun owners understand reforms need to be proposed and passed legally, but do not think for even a moment we would not protect our inalienable right as set forth by the Supreme Court, repeatedly on the basis of the 2nd Amendment.

I truly hope murder by firearms can be minimized. However, America's lawmakers, lobbyists for restriction and against (NRA), and authoritative agencies stand to gain financially and politically either way. There in lies the root of the issue. If you calculate military, private, and public sales/contracting/purchasing, we have a $Trillion Industry.

"A well regulated Militia...", we are way past that. No militia could stop America's Military. Only the citizens can resolve gun legislation, and we are not prepared to do that yet. It is very sad, sad that the ignorance of many paves the way for the abuses of the few.
edit on 28-3-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
For anyone interested, here's what the Piers had to say

Not a big loss to me, in fact I think CNN just got better tonight.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

I suppose I'd agree with that. (It's why I'm working at my writing and not speaking skills
)

Seriously tho. I'd say some voices are certainly more worthy of attention and interest for what's being said than others. I've even been pretty critical of Alex Jones. I still am, for that matter. However, I'll listen to him all day before I could really stand Piers and his condescending attitude for more than a few minutes in clips that occasionally came up.

Some things..just don't work well in a nation's own media market. Telling the population how badly they need schooled in something, anything, is one of them I'd say.

Love the quote!

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Boscov

I'd wish you luck in changing the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, but it would be dishonest.

Instead, I wish that you and your ideals fail miserably and never come to fruition.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Your reading comprehension skills are not good. Read my post again, wipe the hatred and spite from your "honest" eyes, and you will not only see, but also hear what I am saying. So I suppose you favor no revisiting of cultural issues via Constitutional Amendments? How about the 13th and 19th Amendments? No good for you?
edit on 28-3-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join